RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Constant Away Supporters in the Home End

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2012 12:22

Alexander Litvinenko
Royal With Cheese
Alexander Litvinenko Yep, as I said on page 2, we've all done it at one time or another.

But if you're an away supporter in a home stand you just shouldn't draw attention to yourself.

Agreed. I would also have a blanket ban on wearing other clubs shirts in the home end. No excuses. If you're stupid enough to wear your own clubs top to an away game in the home section then you should be slung out.

In principle, yes - but do the stewards then throw out the 6-year-old kid wearing the Man Utd hat? The problem with rules like that is where you draw the boundaries.

Yes, because the parents shouldn't have been stupid enough to let the kid wear it. I was always careful what I and the kids wore to away games, even when we were going to go into the designated away area. On the couple of occasions when we went in the home area, we showed due respect to the home support and didn't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves. I think most home supporters will be tolerant of a few away supporters in their area but their tolerance shouldn't be tested by those away supporters flaunting it in their faces.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Dec 2012 13:28

Exactly if you're going to do it be discreet & generally STFU. God there will be loads of the b@stards today!

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 01 Dec 2012 20:49

didn't see any.

Optimist

by Optimist » 01 Dec 2012 21:01

The red seats on the North-West corner were full of United fans today, it's not uncommon to see away fans there and today loads of them were making noise. It's very irritating cos they know they can shout and cheer and the Reading fans above and below them can't do anything to stop them.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Dec 2012 21:10

The stewards in the South Stand today were on the look out and I saw Two Mancs asked to leave from in front of me in R30. Also saw a group of three or four in Man Utd shirts being taken out before kick off. About time. There were an awful lot of others that kept quiet all around me.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Dec 2012 10:41

percy_freeman Two Mancs

:lol:

Probably from Wokingham.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 02 Dec 2012 11:46

Seemed to be a cluster up in the top right of the South Stand at least they weren't celebrating when we scored and seemed to be clapping when United did...

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 02 Dec 2012 13:30

I noticed some of the away fans in the home section of the south stand solved the problem by jumping over the fence and mingling with their standing mates in the away section. This took place well before kick-off, before all the stewards were in place.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 02 Dec 2012 14:11

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your email and for taking the time to write to us with your experience.
The majority of the area of the stadium that you sat in for Everton is sold as hospitality packages and although we do not actively promote the packages to away supporters we cannot always control who the packages are sold to. However they are pre warned when booking that the seating is in a home area of the stadium and to behave in a respectful manner.
We steward accordingly for the size of the fixture but it is not always possible to eject away supporters from home areas once identified.

Where away supporters are identified in a home area and their behaviour is deemed acceptable then in those circumstances it is safer for our staff and supporters not to eject but to monitor the situation.
However if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable they are ejected where possible as in some cases carrying out an ejection can often lead to public disorder and potentially make a situation worse and involve innocent bystanders. I am sorry that in this particular incident we did not take the necessary action.
As always the Club are pleased with how well Reading Football Club supporters behave and welcome the visiting clubs supporters but would encourage home supporters to report incidents such as this to their nearest steward. If you feel uncomfortable in doing this, then please use our text service to report any bad language/unsociable behaviour on a match day to our control room. The mobile number is 07928 140777.

Once again thank you for your feedback and thank you for your support.
Kind Regards

Paul Collins

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Dec 2012 09:48

Didn't see anyone celebrating UNited goals in the North Stand on Saturday fwiw

Lucky Libran

by Lucky Libran » 03 Dec 2012 10:28

Silver Fox Didn't see anyone celebrating UNited goals in the North Stand on Saturday fwiw

The couple in front of us applauded their substitutions, but they once brought a portable TV in with them when there was a televised United game at the same time as ours, so I wasn't surprised.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 03 Dec 2012 10:31

Didn't see any in the middle of the east stand

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 03 Dec 2012 12:43

peterroyal76 If you feel uncomfortable in doing this, then please use our text service to report any bad language/unsociable behaviour on a match day to our control room. The mobile number is 07928 140777.

I was about to say it was a fair response until i read that. How the hell are you supposed to text during a match? Mobiles in the ground are as good as useless during the game.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 03 Dec 2012 13:23

Wimb Seemed to be a cluster up in the top right of the South Stand at least they weren't celebrating when we scored and seemed to be clapping when United did...

A cluster - at least 75 approaching 100. They were proper celebrating as well - I couldn't resist a barrage of fuck off's to some of those closer to me...who were smaller than me :oops: :lol: And, to their "credit" they kept it down a bit when the 3rd and 4th went in.

The steward (notice it's not plural) did absolutely nothing other than staring vacantly into the distance on an unknown point of reference...

RoyalTank

Away fans in the home end!!!

by RoyalTank » 01 Jan 2013 18:56

Now that I am a student living away, I do not have a season ticket and seen as we are in the premiership all of the seats in east stand are never for sale which forces me to sit in the south stand. I have been to several home games this season and every time I have been surrounded by away fans, and I don't mean just one or two I am talking about at least double figures! Don't get me wrong, I dont mind fans of other fans coming to watch us but I think it is simply wrong when they are clapping and even cheering for the away team. The stewards must be aware of these fans yet they continue to ignore them which i know would not be the case in other stadiums across the country!

I would like the club to have a look at this issue as I feel that it isn't fair on reading fans that can't get tickets due to it being 'sold out'!!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this issue, but I feel it is about time the club did something about it!

Divvy

Re: Away fans in the home end!!!

by Divvy » 01 Jan 2013 19:02

You should contact them then. You wont achieve anything moaning about it on here.

FWIW yes there are tickets available in the East Stand (ViaGoGo).

The club promote us as a family club, something I hate btw, but for as long as they do that, away fans will always feel comfortable sat with us.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 01 Jan 2013 19:15

IN before the merge.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Jan 2013 19:16

If I saw an away fan in the away end I would knock them out!!!!

Well, unless they had a really good reason

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 01 Jan 2013 19:30

The South Stand is our version of the Fulham neutral area.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 01 Jan 2013 20:10

Divvy You should contact them then. You wont achieve anything moaning about it on here.

FWIW yes there are tickets available in the East Stand (ViaGoGo).

The club promote us as a family club, something I hate btw, but for as long as they do that, away fans will always feel comfortable sat with us.

Already have done.

And I will never use viagogo, charging fans triple the price is ridiculous!