League Cup 1

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

Re: League Cup 1

by 3 veesinarow » 07 Aug 2013 10:08

LoyalRoyalFan
genome Brighton 1 Newport 3

Brighton :lol: - how many were at the AMEX? 30,000? Attendance is important to a Brighton fan.

Very classy of the taxi-full of BHA supporters that were there to boo an opposition player off on a stretcher after 8 minutes of treatment on the pitch (there's a clue in there, lads) for what turns out to be a double leg-break. I thought Justin Edinburgh was very controlled in what he said, he should have been dropping the wa_nker-bomb on them.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Aug 2013 13:05

LoyalRoyalFan

Brighton :lol: - how many were at the AMEX? 30,000? Attendance is important to a Brighton fan.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 07 Aug 2013 13:20

3 veesinarow
LoyalRoyalFan

Very classy of the taxi-full of BHA supporters that were there to boo an opposition player off on a stretcher after 8 minutes of treatment on the pitch (there's a clue in there, lads) for what turns out to be a double leg-break. I thought Justin Edinburgh was very controlled in what he said, he should have been dropping the wa_nker-bomb on them.

Doesnt suprise me with Brighton fans to be honest. I seem to remember them singing about Richard Carpenter breaking Caspers leg a few years ago when Carpenter played for them.

Maybe because carpenter was getting dogs abuse everytime he got the ball.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 07 Aug 2013 19:28

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 07 Aug 2013 20:40

exileinleeds They seem a bit obsessed with us...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... er-project

I dont know that they are, more obsessed with their former manager a bit like some on here. Most comments I saw seemed very sensible and they can see similarities with our rise since our move to Madejski stadium with their recent progress after moving to the Amex. Large catchment areas etc....could also draw parallels with Cardiff as well but we are mentioned because of the links with Poyet in March. I tend to agree with them.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 07 Aug 2013 21:49

Clicked on the link, saw more than 20 pages, clicked off. But I bet they're saying Brighton have more potential..

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Aug 2013 22:52

Blackburn f*cked it up against Carlisle

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Aug 2013 07:59

Mr Optimist
exileinleeds They seem a bit obsessed with us...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... er-project

I dont know that they are, more obsessed with their former manager a bit like some on here. Most comments I saw seemed very sensible and they can see similarities with our rise since our move to Madejski stadium with their recent progress after moving to the Amex. Large catchment areas etc....could also draw parallels with Cardiff as well but we are mentioned because of the links with Poyet in March. I tend to agree with them.

I think deep down, although they won't admit it, they see us as a similar sized club with a model they should be following. Personally, I have no particular beef with Brighton other than the swaggering, bloated arrogance of their fans.

Interested in one of the comments which stating that in 5 years when they get their academy up and running and bedded in, they'll be a better prospect. Do they not realise we have CAT1? If that's an accurate assessment of where their academy is then that's another area where they are 10 years behind us.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 08 Aug 2013 10:58

I like this:

brighton fan We haven't got a rapidly growing catchment area - 50% of our potential customers are fish.

:lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Aug 2013 11:33

St Pauli I like this:

brighton fan We haven't got a rapidly growing catchment area - 50% of our potential customers are fish.

:lol:

LOL :lol: :lol: