B F T G_brum

165 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: B F T G_brum

by sandman » 28 Sep 2013 23:48

McCarthy 6 Not much to do bar a save late in the second half which was swerving back into him at a comfortable height. Shocking distribution again with the awful throw out straight to a Brum player.

Gunter 7 As much as I don't rate him he had a good one by his standards. Needs to sort himself out in the air as he keeps getting caught underneath them.
Bridge 7 Solid as usual almost got caught out in the first half but recovered well.
Morrison/Pearce 7 Not troubled by a poor Brum attack.

McCleary 8 In a nice run of form at the moment and was always taking his player on. Hopefully the injury isn't serious. MOTM
HRK 6 Not a good day for Hal. Slow in possession and almost got us in trouble in the first half when he had it in the corner and was caught dawdling.
Baird 7 Tidy in possession and did everything required of him.
Guthrie 7.5 Almost undid his work a couple of times late on messing around with the ball in front of our box. Lucky with the first free kick good finish for the second. Still a lobster chucking dickhead with a shit haircut though, in fairness to the barber, Danny's head was probably in the wrong place when it was getting done.

Pog 7.5 Held up the ball well and even jumped for a few headers. Fear he might already have a reputation with Champ referees as he was fouled a couple of times but got nothing
Alf 6.5 Offside.
Last edited by sandman on 29 Sep 2013 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 28 Sep 2013 23:49

AirRaidSiren Oh fu*k off with your stale-year old bullshit.

But fair play to him for turning it around??? You mean...fair play for being played and getting on with it, his whole intention from the day he signed on with us. You lot have short memories and now he's 'great'? I wonder why....

Your white knighting of Guthrie is pretty creepy. In your dreams does he read your comments on here and turn up at your house and make love to you?

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 28 Sep 2013 23:50

McCarthy 8.5
Gunter 8
Morro 7.5
Pearce 7.5
Bridge 7

Hrk 6
Guthrie 9
Baird 7
McCleary 7

Alf 7
Pog 8

Obita 6.5
Akpan 7
Kelly 6

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 28 Sep 2013 23:53

I can't believe people still bear a grudge against Guthrie. He was man enough to admit to the manager and his team mates that he was out of order for declining to play and that, in my opinion, is worthy of praise (and Brian Mac said as much at the time). As others have said he has proved why the Newcastle fans were loathe to lose him. He is quality in this division and I am extremely glad we have him.
Good result today and the loan signings of Baird and Sharp have allayed the disappointment that I, and many others, felt at the lack of signings before the transfer window. I really do think we are in with a chance of automatic promotion - not something I felt at all pre-season.
Last edited by Cripple Creek on 28 Sep 2013 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Sep 2013 23:53

southbank1871
AirRaidSiren Oh fu*k off with your stale-year old bullshit.

But fair play to him for turning it around??? You mean...fair play for being played and getting on with it, his whole intention from the day he signed on with us. You lot have short memories and now he's 'great'? I wonder why....

Your white knighting of Guthrie is pretty creepy. In your dreams does he read your comments on here and turn up at your house and make love to you?

It's not creepy. It's a natural reaction to someone who's sucking on your cock at the time. Gimme 5mins and I may say something different....

But for now....Good boy Danny..........

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Sep 2013 23:53

AkpansBFF McCarthy 8.5
Gunter 8
Morro 7.5
Pearce 7.5
Bridge 7

Hrk 6
Guthrie 9
Baird 7
McCleary 7

Alf 7
Pog 8

Obita 6.5
Akpan 7
Kelly 6

How is Obita 6.5? He did nothing of any use and continually gave the ball away. I know we all like the kid but his 10 minutes today were sh*t.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Sep 2013 23:56

Royal Ginger
AkpansBFF McCarthy 8.5
Gunter 8
Morro 7.5
Pearce 7.5
Bridge 7

Hrk 6
Guthrie 9
Baird 7
McCleary 7

Alf 7
Pog 8

Obita 6.5
Akpan 7
Kelly 6

How is Obita 6.5? He did nothing of any use and continually gave the ball away. I know we all like the kid but his 10 minutes today were sh*t.

Alf 7? :shock:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Sep 2013 23:59

windermere_royal
Royal Ginger
AkpansBFF McCarthy 8.5
Gunter 8
Morro 7.5
Pearce 7.5
Bridge 7

Hrk 6
Guthrie 9
Baird 7
McCleary 7

Alf 7
Pog 8

Obita 6.5
Akpan 7
Kelly 6

And while we're at it how does piss-poor-distribution-and-otherwise-not-seriously-tested McCarthy get an 8.5?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 29 Sep 2013 00:02

Guthrie showing you pcunts why he's our best player

We'd be bottom without him and you know it - if you argue that then it just proves my point.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2013 00:13

Royal Ginger
windermere_royal
Royal Ginger

And while we're at it how does piss-poor-distribution-and-otherwise-not-seriously-tested McCarthy get an 8.5?

And Kellys sweet cross to Pog should at least earn him a 6.5! What exactly did Gunter do that Bridge didnt? I would say he played well but not better than any other defender.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2013 00:23

Unbelievable Jeff
NewCorkSeth HRK - 7 Looking solid!
ALF- 7 Alfie put in a big effort today probably to warrant a starting position above Sharpie

Sorry, but don't agree with these two ratings. HRK was extremely poor throughout, he is very slow on and off the ball and his first touch is shockingly bad.
I also though Le Fondre was poor and he showed just why he doesn't start games. Always offside, couldn't hold up anything and really struggled to become a threat to their defence.

I think HRK contributed a fair bit more than you are allowing him.. Extremely poor?? we won quite comfortably against a poor Birmingham so I dont see how he was "extremely poor" He was solid in the second half for me.. Holds the ball at feet well and managed some good phase-lengthening passes (usually backwards) but kept the momentum there.
He was a physical presence too winning that free kick and forcing 2 fouls on him I think. I stand by my 7..

He wasnt AAAAALWAAAYS offside.. he was offside 3 times by my count maybe 4 but was chasing balls and often getting pushed around by the Brum defence, for me he physically pushed himself same as POG did but maybe it was less noticed as his performances are always around the same! Just depends if the ball falls right for and when they do he puts them away.

The only player I considered giving a 6 to was McCarthy as apart from a few routine saves and the great outstretched save he didnt have much to do! And then there was that throw.. Morro wasn't happy about that

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Sep 2013 00:59

AirRaidSiren
NewCorkSeth Delighted to report that I am back from my first game of the season. I thoroughly enjoyed myself in case anyone was wondering and not realising that you are not allowed take pints to your seats managed to walk straight past 3 guards to my seat with 2 pints of Fosters for the second half.

On to the performance..

McCarthy - 7 Didn't have much to do but most of it very well. Strange throw out in the second half straight to an opposition player.
Gunter - 7 Actually did quite well! A few good crosses and passing was generally well. Brum didnt really challenge him much in defense
Pearce - 8 Passing was good, heading was good, overall he was good. Good player.
Morrison - 7 Standard performance.
Bridge - 7 Same as above
McCleary - 7 He is a "cracking" winger. Very exciting on the ball and looks capable of anything.
Baird - 7 Grand seems a good addition.
Guthrie - 9 Guthrie deserved these 2 goals hes a fantastic player and has been great so far this season
HRK - 7 Looking solid!
POG - 7 Looked fiesty today, contributed well and really was hungry for a goal
ALF- 7 Alfie put in a big effort today probably to warrant a starting position above Sharpie

P!ssed Off will not accept this and will say you have no right commenting on your first game this season :roll:

Glad you enjoyed the game, wish I could of been there. Guthrie really is throwing a load of 'fu*k you' to the cock ends who doubted him and his ability. Where is all the anti-Guthrie now?

Exactly. As quiet as our home support.

You hold a grudge, don't you?
At least you didn't let me correcting your 'of/have' error affect your confidence.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Sep 2013 01:03

Fairly poor game today I thought. Decent performance, but nothing spectacular. We looked comfortable against a Brum side with sparks of quality but that was generally pretty terrible. Some individuals who looked good but that certainly wasn't a team. Occasionally a little outnumbered in midfield, but we got away with it fine because Brum were toss.

McCarthy - 7 barely tested.
Gunter - 7 one of his best displays. Not troubled much and got forward pretty well.
Bridge - 8 quality
Pearce - 7 quality
Morrison - 7 quality
Guthrie - 9 MOTM - only a few wasted passes away from a 10
Baird - 8 wouldn't have fancied a two man midfield with anyone else alongside Guthrie
McCleary - 7 good attacking flair but drifted in and out of the game
HRK - 7 felt he was involved more consistently than McCleary, but wasn't quite as threatening as McCleary at his best
Pog - 7 worked very hard and good performance, particularly towards the end. But he missed a glorious chance, plus a couple of other attacks failed with him and he was caugh offside badly a few times
ALF - 7 involved in both goals. I thought he worked hard similar to Pog. Offside a lot, but most were pretty marginal calls.

Akpan - 6 hit and miss, needs to be stronger on the ball
Obita - 7 farthest part of the pitch from me but looked to do well - one great run and silly cross to no one I think.
Kelly - 6 fine - surprised to see him playing further up than Gunter when he came on.

Atmosphere was fairly poor. Far more Brighton than Leeds. But I got to stand all game and we won. Not sure about 4-4-2, but it worked today. Great to hear a chant for Adkins, and it's great that it works out that it's impossible to rush so you can actually keep it going.

Onwards and upwards.
URRZZZ!!!!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Sep 2013 01:04

NewCorkSeth I thoroughly enjoyed myself in case anyone was wondering and not realising that you are not allowed take pints to your seats managed to walk straight past 3 guards to my seat with 2 pints of Fosters for the second half.

Steward chased me up the stairs like there was a fire to get the top off my Fanta.
Last edited by Royal Ginger on 29 Sep 2013 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Sep 2013 01:05

Royal Ginger
P!ssed Off I thoroughly enjoyed myself in case anyone was wondering and not realising that you are not allowed take pints to your seats managed to walk straight past 3 guards to my seat with 2 pints of Fosters for the second half.

Steward chased me up the stairs like there was a fire to get the top off my Fanta.

:|
tbf I did sneak a can of coke into the Mad Stad. Standard Procedure. 8)
This beer quote is not one of mine, however.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Sep 2013 01:07

Royal Ginger
P!ssed Off I thoroughly enjoyed myself in case anyone was wondering and not realising that you are not allowed take pints to your seats managed to walk straight past 3 guards to my seat with 2 pints of Fosters for the second half.

I think I wrote that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Sep 2013 01:07

MmmMonsterMunch
LoyalRoyal22
MmmMonsterMunch Anyone else think our support at home is getting worse by the game? I cannot remember it ever being as bad as it is now.

All very well giving it the biggun at 2-0 but they need a hand to get there in the first place! There used to be some good song starters at the top of Y25/26 - I can only presume they've got older & moved elsewhere in the ground or don't go at all any more.

Think it's because we don't play a high tempo anymore.

I just find it cringeworthy when they sing to Brum "Your support is shite" after we go 2-0 up having pretty much sat in silence for an hour. Brum didn't bring that many but they made a fair bit of noise.

"You support a load of shit". They were the ones singing "Your support is shit".

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Sep 2013 01:08

NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger

I think I wrote that?

My bad, edited.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Sep 2013 01:09

Tbh I came away from the match thinking that HRK helped out well in defence.
So what if not every single tackle and interception was successful?
Probably the same moaners who are always annoyed that Guthrie's long ball accuracy is not 100%.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Sep 2013 01:10

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
LoyalRoyal22
Think it's because we don't play a high tempo anymore.

I just find it cringeworthy when they sing to Brum "Your support is shite" after we go 2-0 up having pretty much sat in silence for an hour. Brum didn't bring that many but they made a fair bit of noise.

"You support a load of shit". They were the ones singing "Your support is shit".

I particularly enjoyed the bit when some of our fans were attempting to sing the above mentioned ditty, but collectively tripped up on the words.

165 posts