B F T G_brum

165 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: B F T G_brum

by Hoop Blah » 30 Sep 2013 12:52

Maguire
Hoop Blah
wingnut Well that could've been a Brian game really - started as a 442, lots of hoofed clearances from the keeper, lots of head tennis and few players willing to risk a shot.

the way the midfield looked to keep the ball and work an opportunity as opposed to hook it into the channels at every given opportunity was a stark contrast to McDermotts side

Revisionist nonsense to suggest McDermott's sides just sent it into the channels every single time.

Oh come on, obviously it wasn't EVERY touch, but the standard pass Legiertwood, Karacan or Tabb would look to make when to ball went into them was to just help it on for Long or whoever to work off.

With the right forward on the end of it, ie Roberts, Hunt or Long but not Le Fondre, it worked well for quite a long time and it helped exploit Kebe's pace and McAuffs dribbling at times too. Once we'd lost Sigurdsson though we rarely looked to pass the ball to feet and build an attack patiently.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Sep 2013 12:56

:| :lol: :| :lol: :|

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 30 Sep 2013 21:13

RoyalBlue
Also saw the best half-time entertainment for years, thanks to the long-haired boy (after much debate we decided it was a boy) wearing the yellow keeper's top in the American style penalty shoot out. Things just didn't seem to be going well for him and, after every goal conceded, he turned and had an argument with a guy seemingly coaching him on the the sideline who, given his equally long and strange hair style, we assumed was his dad.

Not content with getting frustrated with his mentor, the kid then started to squabble with the other keeper as to whose turn it was to go in goal. Soon after that, one of the penalty takers fired in a shot that necessitated the keeper taking rapid evasive action as it narrowly flew past his head. Clearly shocked and somewhat upset, he turned to his dad for sympathy.

But things could only get worse for him! The very next time he was in goal he wasn't as quick to move his head and the shot caught him smack in the side of the face! Now I know you shouldn't laugh at that sort of thing but I was by no means the only one in Y21 who practically had tears streaming down their face.

Thing was, the smack in the face seemed to fire the keeper up and he finally managed to save a penalty to earn a big cheer from those watching in the East Stand. Then, finally realising it was American style shoot out, he quickly closed the next penalty taker down to finish on a real high with a good save that was again greeted with a cheer (so in the end I was able to feel a lot less guilty about laughing abouthis earlier antics).

Glad to hear that it wasn't just me who was in stitches. I just wish I had recorded it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Sep 2013 21:22

DavidM62
RoyalBlue
Also saw the best half-time entertainment for years, thanks to the long-haired boy (after much debate we decided it was a boy) wearing the yellow keeper's top in the American style penalty shoot out. Things just didn't seem to be going well for him and, after every goal conceded, he turned and had an argument with a guy seemingly coaching him on the the sideline who, given his equally long and strange hair style, we assumed was his dad.

Not content with getting frustrated with his mentor, the kid then started to squabble with the other keeper as to whose turn it was to go in goal. Soon after that, one of the penalty takers fired in a shot that necessitated the keeper taking rapid evasive action as it narrowly flew past his head. Clearly shocked and somewhat upset, he turned to his dad for sympathy.

But things could only get worse for him! The very next time he was in goal he wasn't as quick to move his head and the shot caught him smack in the side of the face! Now I know you shouldn't laugh at that sort of thing but I was by no means the only one in Y21 who practically had tears streaming down their face.

Thing was, the smack in the face seemed to fire the keeper up and he finally managed to save a penalty to earn a big cheer from those watching in the East Stand. Then, finally realising it was American style shoot out, he quickly closed the next penalty taker down to finish on a real high with a good save that was again greeted with a cheer (so in the end I was able to feel a lot less guilty about laughing abouthis earlier antics).

Glad to hear that it wasn't just me who was in stitches. I just wish I had recorded it.

Me too. It would have been a surefire YouTube hit!

Beginning to wonder why my son has an all-singing, all-dancing phone when he misses such opportunities. That's the second in a month (the previous being a Giant Panda twerking at Atlanta Zoo!).

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 30 Sep 2013 21:26

RoyalBlue
DavidM62
RoyalBlue

Me too. It would have been a surefire YouTube hit!

Beginning to wonder why my son has an all-singing, all-dancing phone when he misses such opportunities. That's the second in a month (the previous being a Giant Panda twerking at Atlanta Zoo!).

There was a certain inevitability about the ball smacking the keeper in the face as well, you just knew it was going to end in tears. We thought it was girl BTW.

165 posts