Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by multisync1830 » 12 Oct 2013 21:18

Anton's figure is nearer 20m . The club has had pretty big losses over the last few years. If anyone thinks the club is run on a sound economical basis is deluding themselves.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... -2011-2012

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Oct 2013 21:49

sandman
Ian Royal
Man Friday If he's only invested £7m in the club overall I have no sympathy. I thought he had invested tens of millions. Cheapskate. As ever the fans are mugs. No wonder I'm losing interest in football/Reading.

Yeah, some ming on the internet saying £7m means its credible and worth considering as a real figure.

A bit like someone watching a 5 minute highlights package and then making a judgement on the whole game.

Bloody hell sandy, you cretin. It's listening to the radio, not watching highlights. It gets repeated at least three times a week and you're still too stupid to get it right.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Oct 2013 22:33

JM kept those print workers in a job for longer than most.

Slowly things will come out about the last two years, and Reading FC will survive. As to whether we can keep these golden year going only time and the owner will tell.

Suffice to say JM will be a hard act to follow.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 12 Oct 2013 23:36

Reading about his printing which he sold in December reveals some nasty info.....

By trying to keep it afloat for the last few years Sir John’s fortune has been reduced by some £100m :shock:

Article here ( its boring but has all the info)
http://www.printweek.com/Business/article/1162967/Saga-BGP-signals-new-web-chapter/

Edit. It was in administration when sold :o

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 13 Oct 2013 10:14

Emir Green would be a great spot for a Saudi owner's mansion.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 13 Oct 2013 17:14

why does everyone always say JM would only have ever sold with the best intrests of the club in mind, have i missed all these other bids to buy the clubs over the years that he turned down? or has he just sold to the first person who came along?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Oct 2013 17:36

Harpers So Solid Crew JM kept those print workers in a job for longer than most.

I'll give you that but I'd still rather be down to my last £100M than my last £10K!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Oct 2013 18:13

URZZZZZ why does everyone always say JM would only have ever sold with the best intrests of the club in mind, have i missed all these other bids to buy the clubs over the years that he turned down?

Yes, you do seem to have missed them.

He's never made the bidders public, just as the AZ deal wasn't made public until a deal was done, but he's mentioned a few times that he's broken off negotiations with several interested people.

Or he could have been making it up all along, and nobody ever made an offer in the 20 years he owned the club.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 13 Oct 2013 18:17

URZZZZZ why does everyone always say JM would only have ever sold with the best intrests of the club in mind, have i missed all these other bids to buy the clubs over the years that he turned down?

Yes, it seems so. Whilst most enquiries would never make the news, Carson Yeung came the closest to buying the club when we were in the Premier League the first time. We did well to steer clear of him! If you don't know who he is I suggest you look it up and speak to some Birmingham fans.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 13 Oct 2013 18:33

tmesis

He's never made the bidders public, just as the AZ deal wasn't made public until a deal was done, but he's mentioned a few times that he's broken off negotiations with several interested people.

Or he could have been making it up all along, and nobody ever made an offer in the 20 years he owned the club.

Was the AZ deal not all over the papers weeks before.
Also he has apparently broken off negotiations with several other interested parties how did AZ manage to pull the will over his eyes if that's the case

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Oct 2013 19:50

No the story broke the same morning JM announced the agreement in principle had been reqched.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Oct 2013 20:30

URZZZZZ
tmesis

Was the AZ deal not all over the papers weeks before.
Also he has apparently broken off negotiations with several other interested parties how did AZ manage to pull the will over his eyes if that's the case

Moot point until it's actually the case.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 13 Oct 2013 20:48

No Saudis in for the club. Although in 2008 we were very very close to being bought by the bloke who ended up buying Fulham

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 13 Oct 2013 21:31

ZacNaloen No the story broke the same morning JM announced the agreement in principle had been reqched.

No there was defo stories in the paper before about the possibility of it

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Oct 2013 22:09

With regards to the AZ deal, literally the night or a couple of nights before.

I recall first reading about it on the way to the game it was announced at.
Last edited by ZacNaloen on 13 Oct 2013 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 13 Oct 2013 22:10

gazzer, loyal royal No Saudis in for the club. Although in 2008 we were very very close to being bought by the bloke who ended up buying Fulham

I can't tell if this is a confirmation or denial that Anton is trying to sell :lol:

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 13 Oct 2013 22:28

Royal Blue - all 518 jobs were saved at BGP in Bicester so no need to be too down hearted, as a big competitor Polestar bought assets out of administration. Biggest loser JM and probably revenue and other creditors!

My point really was that despite a significant investment into RFC over the years amounting to approx £7M, at the time I guess JM could afford it. For the record hs investment into the hotel is over £20m and I suspect it is probably not worth much more. Bearing in mind investments are designed to make a profit, not sure the return if he ever sells will be that great. When you add up the other losses with printing etc, then I guess the fortune may well have reduced a fair bit?

I am not a JM lover, although I do appreciate that I am not watching Thames Valley Royals so whatever he has done over the last 20 years it must be good. It's only the last couple of years or so that have darkened everyones perspective.

The main point is we now have no idea what might happen and if I was selling a business on a partial share basis as was the case, I would have demanded strong rights of recourse if anything went wrong. Maybe there are and we will see JM in full control soon, but I just have this nagging doubt that the cash is not there to complete a reverse buy back so the club probably have two options - squeeze the Ruskies to complete or seek another buyer. Both will probably take time.

Will be an interesting few months with hopefully a good outcome either way.

Oh and Ian Royal - instead of slagging posters about figures, try reading accounts. Makes facts a lot easier!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Oct 2013 09:09

EverHopeful Will be an interesting few months with hopefully a good outcome either way.

Oh and Ian Royal - instead of slagging posters about figures, try reading accounts. Makes facts a lot easier!

He's waiting for the accounts to be on the radio.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Oct 2013 10:42

Snowball
EverHopeful Will be an interesting few months with hopefully a good outcome either way.

He's waiting for the accounts to be on the radio.

:lol:

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 14 Oct 2013 11:01

I am not a JM lover, although I do appreciate that I am not watching Thames Valley Royals so whatever he has done over the last 20 years it must be good. It's only the last couple of years or so that have darkened everyones perspective.
Roger Smee actually saved the club from being the Thames Valley Royals.

8684 posts