Will you renew your season ticket for 2014/15?

185 posts

I will renew my season ticket no matter what
59%
I will renew only if new ownership is secured
3%
I wont be renewing my season ticket anyway
14%
I wont be renewing knowing we are returning to selling our best players just to get by again
3%
Currently undecided
20%

Total votes: 148
royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 22 Feb 2014 18:31

Will you be renewing your season ticket for next season? Has this season taken its toll on you with the ownership issue, and will you instead opt to pick and choose your games in light of Sir John's comments that we will have to sell to bring the club back to a sustainable level again.

For me, after 20 years and most of those as a season ticket holder, myself and my children will not be renewing. Instead we are going to do several away games instead.

A mixture of not enjoying the new modern match day experience; the all too often poor and all too frequent panto atmosphere in Y25/Y26; stewards picking on one or two fans despite the other 1500 fans still standing; the lies that we are constantly fed by the club have eaten away at my patience; not caring for Premier League football under Sir John's ownership, knowing full well we wont invest and will come crashing back down without a whimper; knowing not going back up will result in a return to selling our best players just to get by, hoping to finish mid-table, or by some fluke of nature teasing us with a sniff of the play-offs. All in all I've just been worn down by the game in general, the money and the greed in today's game, and I don't want to invest a considerable amount of my money when the club is going to return to it's frugal ways. That may be deemed unloyal on my part, but I just don't enjoy the game enough at the moment to keep throwing £3000 at tickets and merchandise.

Vote options:

- I will renew my season ticket no matter what
- I will renew only if new ownership is secured
- I wont be renewing my season ticket anyway
- I wont be renewing knowing we are returning to selling our best players just to get by again
- Currently undecided

1871 not 1998

Re: Will you renew your season ticket for 2014/15?

by 1871 not 1998 » 22 Feb 2014 18:38

Had a ST in Y25 for several years, previously NW corner. Three ST's here that wont be renewing if we are going back to flogging our best players every summer, but what's made our mind up is the way the fans have been treated this last couple of years; too many lies from both SJM and the Russian kunt! We decided we'd rather have a few days out and make use of the away games, also means a better atmosphere. The Madejski Stadium experience is crap!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Feb 2014 19:11

1871 not 1998 but what's made our mind up is the way the fans have been treated this last couple of years

Yes, we've been treated so badly in recent years; arguably the most successful period in our history and all you can do is moan. Your username is too ironic.

:roll:

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 22 Feb 2014 19:31

LoyalRoyalFan
1871 not 1998 but what's made our mind up is the way the fans have been treated this last couple of years

Yes, we've been treated so badly in recent years; arguably the most successful period in our history and all you can do is moan. Your username is too ironic.

How silly and ungrateful of me to completely miss that. I was though thinking more about the persistent lies that have been coming out of the club for the last few years. We are after all only the life blood of the club, or is it customer now? The latter, sorry.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 22 Feb 2014 20:58

Well the customer does not bring in enough to make us a top twenty club, so what do you suggest should happen instead, money wise.

I have hated the game since the first season in the Prem, money has spoiled RFC. Yet it is only from money that we are where we are, mostly from SJM.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Feb 2014 14:15

Fortunately I don't demand the moon on a stick so I'll be renewing, especially at the bargain price I expect

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Feb 2014 14:18

royalgrumpy - I will renew only if new ownership is secured

FWIW this might be the worst reason anyone could give for not renewing

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Feb 2014 18:14

I just don't enjoy the game enough at the moment to keep throwing £3000 at tickets and merchandise.

You've either got a lot of kids or spend a huge amount on merchandise if you spend £3000 a season !

Try not buying merchandise, it will not diminish your enjoyment one bit and probably cut your costs in half.

If you don't enjoy it then be an adult and stop going. Forget the silly stuff about 'lies', no one 'lies'.

I think the next couple of years will be just as interesting as the last decade. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of our own youngsters playing in the first team and the prospect of kids I've watched in the age groups forming the back bone of a decent first team is exciting. If what you want is big names coming in for big transfer fees then you will probably not enjoy the next couple of seasons but if the prospect of seeing 4 or 5 really talented Academy boys becoming stars appeals then stick around.

I really don't like the PL and what it has done to the game. RFC has been affected less than many clubs so far and let's hope it stays that way,

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Feb 2014 19:12

If we get promoted I expect a price increase and on that basis won't renew as I'm at the top of my is it worth it cost/benefit and will probably stick to watching youth team games when they are watchable.

If we stay where we are, depends on if they increase prices or not.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Feb 2014 20:55

Silver Fox Fortunately I don't demand the moon on a stick so I'll be renewing, especially at the bargain price I expect

+1

Thoroughly enjoying this season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Feb 2014 09:26

I'll be renewing. Fo sho.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Feb 2014 12:25

1871 not 1998
LoyalRoyalFan

How silly and ungrateful of me to completely miss that. I was though thinking more about the persistent lies that have been coming out of the club for the last few years. We are after all only the life blood of the club, or is it customer now? The latter, sorry.

What persistent lies?

:|

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 24 Feb 2014 14:05

1871 not 1998 Had a ST in Y25 for several years, previously NW corner. Three ST's here that wont be renewing if we are going back to flogging our best players every summer, but what's made our mind up is the way the fans have been treated this last couple of years; too many lies from both SJM and the Russian kunt! We decided we'd rather have a few days out and make use of the away games, also means a better atmosphere. The Madejski Stadium experience is crap!

ST for several years? Probably when we reached the Prem I guess. Fans like you the club can do without - and as to accusations of persisitant lies - where's that come from?

Don't renew and come back like the rest of the fans around you when we get promoted again. Yep, RFC needs fans lilke you like a hole in the head.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 24 Feb 2014 14:33

Haag Royal
1871 not 1998 Had a ST in Y25 for several years, previously NW corner. Three ST's here that wont be renewing if we are going back to flogging our best players every summer, but what's made our mind up is the way the fans have been treated this last couple of years; too many lies from both SJM and the Russian kunt! We decided we'd rather have a few days out and make use of the away games, also means a better atmosphere. The Madejski Stadium experience is crap!

ST for several years? Probably when we reached the Prem I guess. Fans like you the club can do without - and as to accusations of persisitant lies - where's that come from?

Don't renew and come back like the rest of the fans around you when we get promoted again. Yep, RFC needs fans lilke you like a hole in the head.

First season ticket 88/89, didn't renew for 89/90 as was made redundant. I then had another season ticket in 93/94, 94/95, 95/96 before we moved to America for 3 years with my work. I have had a season ticket since 2003 barring one year we didn't renew due to family health coming first. HTH

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 24 Feb 2014 16:28

Renew no matter what.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Feb 2014 17:12

I don't know how many other clubs this would apply to but I think RFC should count itself very fortunate in that so many of us have grown very attached to our seats. I've seen 3 games this season but have no intention of given up my Upper West spot of more than a decade regardless of how often I use it.

Judging by our official attendance figures, it seems obvious we have hundreds, if not thousands, of paid for seats that are empty at every home game.

It's my seat and no one else is having it :P

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Feb 2014 17:28

royalgrumpy Will you be renewing your season ticket for next season? Has this season taken its toll on you with the ownership issue, and will you instead opt to pick and choose your games in light of Sir John's comments that we will have to sell to bring the club back to a sustainable level again.

For me, after 20 years and most of those as a season ticket holder, myself and my children will not be renewing. Instead we are going to do several away games instead.

A mixture of not enjoying the new modern match day experience; the all too often poor and all too frequent panto atmosphere in Y25/Y26; stewards picking on one or two fans despite the other 1500 fans still standing; the lies that we are constantly fed by the club have eaten away at my patience; not caring for Premier League football under Sir John's ownership, knowing full well we wont invest and will come crashing back down without a whimper; knowing not going back up will result in a return to selling our best players just to get by, hoping to finish mid-table, or by some fluke of nature teasing us with a sniff of the play-offs. All in all I've just been worn down by the game in general, the money and the greed in today's game, and I don't want to invest a considerable amount of my money when the club is going to return to it's frugal ways. That may be deemed unloyal on my part, but I just don't enjoy the game enough at the moment to keep throwing £3000 at tickets and merchandise.

Pretty much sums up my feelings at this moment in time too.

Woodcote Royal I don't know how many other clubs this would apply to but I think RFC should count itself very fortunate in that so many of us have grown very attached to our seats. I've seen 3 games this season but have no intention of given up my Upper West spot of more than a decade regardless of how often I use it.

Judging by our official attendance figures, it seems obvious we have hundreds, if not thousands, of paid for seats that are empty at every home game.

It's my seat and no one else is having it :P

And that is one of the major factors why we have kept renewing too. It might still tip the balance come the moment of reckoning. Once we give up the seats we have got, we are never likely to get them back!

Harpers So Solid Crew Well the customer does not bring in enough to make us a top twenty club, so what do you suggest should happen instead, money wise.

I have hated the game since the first season in the Prem, money has spoiled RFC. Yet it is only from money that we are where we are, mostly from SJM.

Care to put a figure on the amount of money he actually put in and hasn't taken back out? I would wager it is nothing like as much as he used to like to infer when he did his regular soundbites on BBCRB. Furthermore, however much went in, I think he got a pretty good price for all of the recognition, hero worship, name drops, media appearances etc. that he seems to crave.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Feb 2014 07:32

Didnt JM recently get back £17m that he was owed, so that is the minimum amount he put in, even if he got it back. Where do you think we would have been without that money? And if the club now pays back Anton, who took on that debt, where do you think that will leave us.

Football is a game of money, it is pushed and pulled from the top, until clubs stop paying stupid salaries, which is hard to break from, and live within their means we are stuck really.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 25 Feb 2014 10:26

The only thing that will decide whether I renew or not will be finances.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Feb 2014 13:52

We'll almost certainly renew. I am thought considering moving from Y25 to the Upper West. I'm bored of the atmosphere at home games and will instead enjoy it when we go to away games.

185 posts