Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Jun 2014 18:21

Watts is saying a deal is close with the Thai group who have moved ahead of Phoenix.

Dave Gale

by Dave Gale » 13 Jun 2014 18:32

Reading FC takeover: Thai group close in on a deal

Talks have been held during the past 48 hours which could finally bring an end to the ownership saga at Madejski Stadium.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... up-7267243

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jun 2014 18:50

I for one welcome our evil new overlords.

Hail Ladyboys.

elman

by elman » 13 Jun 2014 18:52

How many times have we heard this. Believe it when it all signed and dusted

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 13 Jun 2014 18:52

Dave Gale Reading FC takeover: Thai group close in on a deal

Talks have been held during the past 48 hours which could finally bring an end to the ownership saga at Madejski Stadium.

At first sight very encouraging as it seems the old guard are heavily involved. I still think SJM has the best interests of the club at heart.

What does concern me is that Vibrac are involved so much with the sale. As has been said many times, surely their only interest is seeing their loan plus interest paid back and nothing more.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 19:24

Can't imagine Vibrac exist for anything more than the money. They have no interest (pardon the pun) in owning, just getting what they loaned plus this £1.5m we cannot currently afford.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Jun 2014 19:55

CholseyRoyal
Dave Gale Reading FC takeover: Thai group close in on a deal

At first sight very encouraging as it seems the old guard are heavily involved. I still think SJM has the best interests of the club at heart.

What does concern me is that Vibrac are involved so much with the sale. As has been said many times, surely their only interest is seeing their loan plus interest paid back and nothing more.

As long as Samuelson the Elmo looking prick has gone I'm happy.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 13 Jun 2014 20:08

Does anyone have a clue about this Thai group? Are they a consortium, my guess is they are, but what is their background? Do they have sporting links or another hedge fund group?

I know SJM has done business in SE Asia but wasn't that Malaysia not Thailand. I think this is going to be a case of in SJM we trust for now. I hope he's has got this one right if it gets the go-ahead.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Jun 2014 20:11

No one really knows anything about them yet, but someone close to Ady Williams seems to think they're a good fit if we can get them. As someone has said already, it'll take two years before we have any idea who how good the next owners are for us. I don't think many fans will be sucked in so easily this time!

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 13 Jun 2014 20:25

SPARTA No one really knows anything about them yet, but someone close to Ady Williams seems to think they're a good fit if we can get them. As someone has said already, it'll take two years before we have any idea who how good the next owners are for us. I don't think many fans will be sucked in so easily this time!

That's good to hear, I have faith in Ady Williams so let's hope he has got his news from a reliable source.

We were really unlucky with Anton as he had a lot of very good ideas for the club, pity he didn't have his own funds to back them up. Also he shouldn't have involved himself in buying players, he went too far there and it is costing us big time now.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 13 Jun 2014 20:32

SPARTA No one really knows anything about them yet, but someone close to Ady Williams seems to think they're a good fit if we can get them. As someone has said already, it'll take two years before we have any idea who how good the next owners are for us. I don't think many fans will be sucked in so easily this time!

Just a thought as a postscript, if we fans have to wait two years to see how good the new owners are, how the Hell are SJM et al supposed to make a good choice in just 48 hours or so. That's why I think it is unfair to blame SJM for our current dilemma. He went with Anton in good faith. No one, fan or Board member foresaw the problems we were going to end up with.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 20:33

If he/they have the same effect as the Thai's at Leicester, then I think we'll all be rather happy with that. If they can bring the same kind of culture, which would tie in with that, 'good fit' for RFC, then it sounds promising.

jellytot

by jellytot » 13 Jun 2014 20:39

Thai red curry or green curry? For me red wins. Fire and sweetness! Delicious.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 13 Jun 2014 20:41

Not a consortium from what I was told this afternoon. The guy behind this has his own money and unlike Anton, isn't reliable on backers (i.e. his father). He's also very ambitious and the feeling after the talks is he would match those ambitions with investment. If it happens, expect it to be wrapped up quick. 10 days was suggested earlier, but all parties want it sooner.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jun 2014 20:42

Can we ever go back to being a "self-supporting" club?

Y'know....the kind that lived within its gate receipts and sponsership revenue?

Whilst Pompey have fleeced the whole world in recent years....it would appear that the current set-up is "pretty much" living within its means (and some of the fans contributions).

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 13 Jun 2014 20:47

How can no one know anything about them but someone close to ady deems to think they are a good fit?

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 13 Jun 2014 20:54

AthleticoSpizz Whilst Pompey have fleeced the whole world in recent years....it would appear that the current set-up is "pretty much" living within its means (and some of the fans contributions).

Yes but they can't afford better players and it will be tough for them to work up the divisions. I hope they survive as I hate to see any club go under. I feel for their supporters, they are the ones who suffer the most as usual good players can change clubs.
Last edited by CholseyRoyal on 13 Jun 2014 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Jun 2014 20:55

multisync1830

How can no one know anything about them but someone close to ady deems to think they are a good fit?

Officially. It is after all only rumours at this point, but he has been very reliable in the past.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 13 Jun 2014 21:08

royalgrumpy Not a consortium from what I was told this afternoon. The guy behind this has his own money and unlike Anton, isn't reliable on backers (i.e. his father). He's also very ambitious and the feeling after the talks is he would match those ambitions with investment. If it happens, expect it to be wrapped up quick. 10 days was suggested earlier, but all parties want it sooner.

well lets hope so. obviously we all want to be stable again, but even that isn't enough in today's game. to get someone young and ambitious with money he'll throw at the club would be a dream come true.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jun 2014 21:09

CholseyRoyal
AthleticoSpizz Whilst Pompey have fleeced the whole world in recent years....it would appear that the current set-up is "pretty much" living within its means (and some of the fans contributions).

Yes but they can't afford better players and it will be tough for them to work up the divisions. I hope they survive as I hate to see any club go under. I feel for their supporters, they are the ones who suffer the most as usual good players can change clubs.
as would anyone.

I have no love for Pompey....believe me (having been chased through Reading by the 6.57 crew back in the seventies)...its on the contrary

But, however, having spent 6 out of the last 12 months working down there...(alongside with some of my workmates, the c11nts that chased me thirty five years ago+)....you cannot fault their support.

Some of these guys have stomped up £1k+ just purely as shareholders....and have added in an additional £250 recently (this fund alone in excess of £33k) just to keep the youth set-up running.

Football...if you want it..you can have it at any level.

8684 posts