Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Libertine » 13 Aug 2014 16:49

When I first viewed that screenshot I thought it said "On the suspicious occasion..." :?

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Aug 2014 16:59

A small glimpse of things to come, I'd imagine. Nothing wrong with it, mind you. No harm done.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Aug 2014 23:23

Not sure how i'll feel when they force us to stand for the Thai national anthem before games though.

jellytot

by jellytot » 14 Aug 2014 06:34

Um won't be doing that. No military junta in the UK!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Aug 2014 07:41

Not yet! Wait until the Mad Stad declares Independence from the Empire, then we're in trouble!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Aug 2014 10:32

has thiss been properly confimred yet?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Aug 2014 10:43

melonhead has thiss been properly confimred yet?

No, Saturday before kick off.

Facebook and Twitter comments are in draft coming out soon building up to the announcement and parade before kick off.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2014 10:47

So remember your passports on Saturday as former car park staff (now border control guards) will be carrying out checks...

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 14 Aug 2014 12:12

Isaac Hunt That was also on the back on the programme.

Not surprising. Thais are (required to be) patriotic. I was in Chiang Mai once when the whole of a night market stopped to sing the national anthem on the King's birthday. I believe that every household and business must also display a picture of the King at all times.

I guess it helps then that we're The Royals...... hopefully it's too late to change the club anthem to the Thai National Anthem

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 14 Aug 2014 12:14

Nameless So remember your passports on Saturday as former car park staff (now border control guards) will be carrying out checks...
and make sure you pack your own bags before entering/don't carry anything into the ground for others as there may be a high price to pay if your caught bringing contraband into the ground e.g. bottles with lids on.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Aug 2014 12:48

Perhaps I have missed something, but is there any more substance to this consortium yet other than some old woman posing with JM, some ego-tripper on FB trying to befriend everyone and a full page advert in the programme wishing some Thai woman a happy birthday :?:

Thus far this bunch have made TSI look like an open and honest organisation by comparison :!:

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 14 Aug 2014 13:02

Looking forward to the new owners injecting a little bit of Thai culture round the Madstad. From my experience of visiting the country I guess we can look forward to:
* Incredibly cheap Rolex watches being sold in the Megastore
* Authentic looking kit that transforms from an adult size to a child size on a cold wash
* A selection of precious stones being sold in the concourse at below market prices
* A new look approach to firing t-shirts into the crowd or perhaps RFC branded ping pong balls
* Great tasting,value for money food being sold by street sellers
* A gold statue of Robin Friday meditating
* Reading buses investing in a new fleet of tuk-tuk's

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Aug 2014 13:17

floyd__streete Perhaps I have missed something, but is there any more substance to this consortium yet other than some old woman posing with JM, some ego-tripper on FB trying to befriend everyone and a full page advert in the programme wishing some Thai woman a happy birthday :?:

Thus far this bunch have made TSI look like an open and honest organisation by comparison :!:

Yeah but they jangled some shiny new players in front of us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2014 13:28

floyd__streete Perhaps I have missed something, but is there any more substance to this consortium yet other than some old woman posing with JM, some ego-tripper on FB trying to befriend everyone and a full page advert in the programme wishing some Thai woman a happy birthday :?:

What do you want ?

I'd guess even if they came round your house and went through their bank statements for the last 100 years with you there would still be something for you to moan about. Just accept the fact that SJM is happy and enjoy watching our score come through on the teleprinter on Saturday as you begin your self imposed exile.....

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Aug 2014 13:33

madstadblues Looking forward to the new owners injecting a little bit of Thai culture round the Madstad. From my experience of visiting the country I guess we can look forward to:
* Incredibly cheap Rolex watches being sold in the Megastore
* Authentic looking kit that transforms from an adult size to a child size on a cold wash
* A selection of precious stones being sold in the concourse at below market prices
* A new look approach to firing t-shirts into the crowd or perhaps RFC branded ping pong balls
* Great tasting,value for money food being sold by street sellers
* A gold statue of Robin Friday meditating
* Reading buses investing in a new fleet of tuk-tuk's

IN for the Thai street food

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Aug 2014 13:48

Nameless

What do you want ?

I'd guess even if they came round your house and went through their bank statements for the last 100 years with you there would still be something for you to moan about. Just accept the fact that SJM is happy and enjoy watching our score come through on the teleprinter on Saturday as you begin your self imposed exile.....

OUT for the Streete__Floyd.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 14 Aug 2014 15:21

Royal Ginger

Didn't TSI do the same by putting some money up front for us to sign Jason Roberts?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Aug 2014 15:27

Royal Biscuitman
Royal Ginger

Didn't TSI do the same by putting some money up front for us to sign Jason Roberts?

and Cwyka, Connolly, Mullins. (albeit it signing on fee's, loan fee etc)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 14 Aug 2014 20:10

Soooo. Didn't Samrit say Adkins would have £5-£8m to spend on players. So far they(not Adkins) have signed Anton Ferdinand who we are forcing ourselves to like. And 2 average Championship forwards for a combined fee of £600k who Adkins wanted but probably because he doesn't have £5-£8m to spend . Oh and if were lucky we might get.... Dean Hammond! :roll:

Oh and by the way in the meantime were going to bring in a big fee for our first choice centre half. Anyone want to bet we don't spend £1m+ on a quality replacement ?

Pfffttttt.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 20:33

LoyalRoyal22 Soooo. Didn't Samrit say Adkins would have £5-£8m to spend on players. So far they(not Adkins) have signed Anton Ferdinand who we are forcing ourselves to like. And 2 average Championship forwards for a combined fee of £600k who Adkins wanted but probably because he doesn't have £5-£8m to spend . Oh and if were lucky we might get.... Dean Hammond! :roll:

Oh and by the way in the meantime were going to bring in a big fee for our first choice centre half. Anyone want to bet we don't spend £1m+ on a quality replacement ?

Pfffttttt.

Don't recall him saying anything of the sort. Perhaps you can find something (actually from him, or someone at the club) to back up the assertion before you complain about it not happening.

8684 posts