Madejski Sold out and failed again

558 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Madejski Sold out and failed again

by paultheroyal » 18 Aug 2014 00:18

It's great we have an academy line but let's be honest here... Adkins has no choice.

No money to buy any players, crippling injury list = no choice.

Had Guthrie, Williams. Karacan, Mccleary, Robson Kanu be fit the. You would not be seeing likes of Edwards or Taylor and the like near the squad but instead applying their trade on loan in league one!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Aug 2014 08:13

He had no choice when he stuck Obita at left back. That worked out well!

Life's like that sometimes. Serendipity I believe it's called. Whether things happen as part of some carefully thought out plan or coincidence doesn't matter as much as the end result. If our minor financial hiccup and injury least mean some of our youngsters get a chance a season ahead of they might of done then if they seize that chance it can only be a good thing.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Aug 2014 08:23

Adkins deserves credit for not bailing out when he would have justification in doing so.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 18 Aug 2014 08:47

Platypuss Adkins deserves credit for not bailing out when he would every justification in doing so.

He also deserves credit for the visable spirit and togetherness.

High on my wish list for Reading FC is to watch a team where everyone is wants to be there and is giving everything for the shirt. Don't think we've had that for a couple of years and one of the reasons why I enjoyed Saturday's game so much despite the shortage of chances.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2014 09:04

Platypuss Adkins deserves credit for not bailing out when he would every justification in doing so.

Yes, I'd love to know what has been going through his head during the last year.

Why has he stayed?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2014 09:38

That GetReading article is rubbish. No surprise to see it was Jonny Low, not Charles Watts.

"Royals boss rules out making any new signings"

Doesn't say that at all. Just because we're not gonna go out and pay £5m for players, doesn't mean we're not gonna sign anyone.

fruits

by fruits » 18 Aug 2014 10:01

I just don´t understand people criticising Nigel Adkins ,I think his conduct has been excellent and exemplary
during the past year,most managers would have walked,especially when he had a deadbeat like Drenthe dumped on him
at a time when he was trying to build comaraderie in the squad ,something that had been lost in the disastrous season
in the Premiership.

I am sure he would still have found a way to bring in some youngsters if he had had a full squad. He has a fantastic record of giving youth a chance at all his clubs.He might not have used so many, his hand has been forced by circumstances ,but several would have been introduced.

I have supported the Royals for nearly 58 years and I have never been so optimistic about the clubs prospects. It appears the Thai consortium know what they are doing, this opens up a whole new market for the club in Asia. We have a great manager,coaching set-up and the Academy is now producing Rolls Royces rather than Fords. As the Academy record extends, Reading FC will become a magnet to young kids of all ages.

I do not think we will go up this season or even make the play-offs, because youth will always be inconsistent . Everything went well on Saturday, other days things will go wrong. Next season if we have some luck on the injury front, reckon we could be close to or beat the 106 points record we hold.

Come on you pessimists we are a long way from the finished article but the future is bright be pleased for the club. be pleased for the kids, enjoy the good days and accept the bad ones there will be plenty.

"DON´T WORRY,STAY HAPPY"

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Aug 2014 10:06

I think 107 points next season is a touch optimistic !

But why not take the rosy view ...

I look forward to you posting in early May 2016 to celebrate you psychic powers

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Aug 2014 14:57

paultheroyal It's great we have an academy line but let's be honest here... Adkins has no choice.

Had Guthrie, Williams. Karacan, Mccleary, Robson Kanu be fit the. You would not be seeing likes of Edwards or Taylor and the like near the squad but instead applying their trade on loan in league one!
he could have played Akpan over Hector in game 1.
He dropped mcanuff for obita last year. He picked obita ahead of cummings or kelly at left back.
You don't know he couldn't have brought in players instead of the youth.

its not exactly going badly.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Aug 2014 15:48

paultheroyal It's great we have an academy line but let's be honest here... Adkins has no choice.

its worked out quite nicely though(sort of)

if he can manage a decent start with the kids, then slowly reintroduce the walking wounded as the become fit its only going to increase our confidence, and provide real incentive to both sets of players to train even harder to get intoa /maintain their first team spot

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Aug 2014 15:48

Schards#2

High on my wish list for Reading FC is to watch a team where everyone is wants to be there and is giving everything for the shirt. Don't think we've had that for a couple of years and one of the reasons why I enjoyed Saturday's game so much despite the shortage of chances.

agreed.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 19 Aug 2014 21:04

Well there you go, proof if ever it was needed YET AGAIN.
Call comes in SELL SELL SELL

The Madejski way is shown to the new owners :roll: :roll:

Shameful this bloke is already showing the property developers his version on how to run a football club, sell and buy on the cheap over and over again.

Morrison didn't want to go so why sell ?????????? Money in as always and nowt spent on big signings (As usual)

Why do some of you keep harping on about this being good business ? it's never ever re-invested so how is that good for the people on the pitch and as a football club it's there that it matters.

Sold out failed again

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 19 Aug 2014 21:10

Tamworth_Royal Well there you go, proof if ever it was needed YET AGAIN.

Shameful this bloke is already showing the property developers his version on how to run a football club, sell and buy on the cheap over and over again.

Morrison didn't want to go so why sell ?????????? Money in as always and nowt spent on big signings (As usual)

Why do some of you keep harping on about this being good business ? it's never ever re-invested so how is that good for the people on the pitch and as a football club it's there that it matters.

Sold out failed again

You're just sore because he turned down you bid :lol:

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 19 Aug 2014 21:10

I'm no Madejski apologist but he's not in charge any more. At what point do we stop kicking him in the nads?

Yes - he has sold out. You can get him on that. Now he's sold out he surely can't be responsible for anything else.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Aug 2014 22:10

Sold out failed again

:lol:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 19 Aug 2014 22:15

Tamworth_Royal Morrison didn't want to go so why sell ??????????

Because he is not very good?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Aug 2014 00:49

melonhead
Schards#2

agreed.

And tonight against a managerless winless team ?

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Aug 2014 01:03

multisync1830

Sold out failed again

You're just sore because he turned down you bid :lol:

Yep fairplay, a bent Euro coin in the car park at The Madstad wasn't accepted by Nigel Howe because it wouldn't afford him a F1 ticket at Silverstone to stick RFC badges on dodgy Russian cars. This year he was found out for his Loitering to deceive and was banned from the race track. Well done Nigel that got RFC far didn't it last year :roll: But then again you enjoyed your time Nigel with no benefit to the club as usual :roll:

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Aug 2014 01:05

Royal Rother

Sold out failed again

:lol:
<---------------- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 20 Aug 2014 08:18

Sold out failed again:

Uggh. Not sure where your ideas about how a club should be run are coming from, but if its influenced by experience with a popular computer game then you should realise that the financial aspect of that game has been changed to make football management more fun. After all, who would really want to simulate book keeping to supply footballers with their wages?

Saying that, you cant give Madejski a clean bill of health here. The reasons we are around the table with a bunch of new investors in the first place is because the AZ deal fell through and it was SJM that accepted the deal. I dont think SJM has been massively hard done by here - the Zingarevich's came with a reputation that was reinforced by the Zingarevich's inability to secure a holding in Everton because they were deemed unsuitable. We, the fans, have lost out because the club ha've been unable to make any sensible decisions about the make up of our squad in the transfer market, and Reading has become a less desirable place for footballers to ply their trade. This has been happening for two seasons almost entirely because of this sour AZ/SJM deal and SJM has to take some responsibility for it. In his defence, however, I believe he does feel some responsibility and, genuinely, his heart is in the right place.

As for the rest of your post, which can be summed up as you dont believe Morrison (or Le Fondre) should have been sold - the realities are quite straightforward.

1. There isnt a big market for selling players, especially for players that arent useful to teams in the top divisions. We would sell Drenthe (and probably Pogrebnyak) in a heartbeat if we could find a buyer
2. There is a black hole and it is CONSTANT
3. We have an academy (which is funded constantly as well) which is being funded for the purpose of (a) providing players for the first team or (b) providing transfer funds to the club.

It is these reasons that Morrison was sold. We believe we have enough centre backs and that his transfer fee will help the books. I dont believe for a second he was top of our list of players we would like to sell, but we cant sell our most undesireable players because, well, they are the most undesireable.

Le Fondre is a different case for me. Although we were/are struggling for strikers, his lack of minutes on the pitch was his ultimate downfall. For that reason, his departure for Cardiff is a combination of his and Adkins' responsibility.

My biggest gripe is not the players leaving the club but the players coming in. We're spending money and the fees/wages are building up, but we just dont seem to get the right players. I appreciate that the DOF job isnt plain sailing at this club, but Im starting to have real issues with Hammond's approach.

558 posts