Back from the game - Middlesboro (A)

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game - Middlesboro (A)

by The Rouge » 30 Aug 2014 20:00

Hi folks,

Would love to hear the thoughts of some of the 242 who travelled. Good work guys.

Yeah yeah

TR

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Middlesboro (A)

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Aug 2014 20:33

Give 'em chance, it's quite a trek from Middlesbrough to Reading! Course they may feel like updating using their phones, I'd probably just have a sleep.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2014 20:50

Dave-Royal spending weekend in north east Reading. cool results I new we win today come on you Urrss

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Aug 2014 21:12

Dave-Royal spending weekend in north east. cool results I new we win today come on you Urrss

Whats that smell? Horse shit? nah , Dog shit? nah. I know. IT`S FECKING BULLSHIT !!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2014 21:21

Fair play to the fans that travelled but the rest of us are lazy b@stards. :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Aug 2014 21:26

Far more dedicated than I am, fair play to them and well done

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 30 Aug 2014 21:36

Though to be fair on the evidence of that photo there are more Reading fans than 'Boro.

I feel bad now, it's only 90 miles for me and still didn't bother going as everyone predicted we would lose.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2014 21:37

MmmMonsterMunch

Fair play to the fans that travelled but the rest of us are lazy b@stards. :lol:

I get your point but to be a pendant, I worked my arse off today therefore excluding me from the bastard status. (Although I ashamedly don't get to many away games)

#mostlyashamed

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2014 21:41

I'm only teasing

It does seem like a ridiculous amount of games at the moment & lots of expensive away trips. I'm guessing Boro isn't that high on everyone's list..

Kudos to those that went today - the pic did made me chuckle though.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 30 Aug 2014 21:48

I went to an away at Boro once, horrible day. The place is more soulless than the madstad and that is saying something.

Never again.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2014 21:50

MmmMonsterMunch I'm only teasing

It does seem like a ridiculous amount of games at the moment & lots of expensive away trips. I'm guessing Boro isn't that high on everyone's list..

Kudos to those that went today - the pic did made me chuckle though.

Indeed, good effort, and it's not like it's a nice place to make a weekend out of either.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Aug 2014 22:03

One day I will go to Boro away. I will book a hotel in Newcastle and make a weekend of it. When I've got more money tho

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 30 Aug 2014 23:20

Looooooong day, but no longer than Wigan etc. just more expensive on the train. Norwood and Hector looked decent, Feds made a few good stops, but in general they walked all over us. If they had any kind of attacking threat who could hit the target they'd have scored 5+. Goal was a little flukey but well taken. In general, okay performance, lucky win, does the job.

By the way, second trip to Boro :wink:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Aug 2014 23:46

The weekend AND the week? That's a very long weekend!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Aug 2014 23:52

Will95 Looooooong day, but no longer than Wigan etc. just more expensive on the train. Norwood and Hector looked decent, Feds made a few good stops, but in general they walked all over us. If they had any kind of attacking threat who could hit the target they'd have scored 5+. Goal was a little flukey but well taken. In general, okay performance, lucky win, does the job.

Hardcore ... impressive supporting - well done

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 30 Aug 2014 23:54

bobby1413
Will95 Looooooong day, but no longer than Wigan etc. just more expensive on the train. Norwood and Hector looked decent, Feds made a few good stops, but in general they walked all over us. If they had any kind of attacking threat who could hit the target they'd have scored 5+. Goal was a little flukey but well taken. In general, okay performance, lucky win, does the job.

At the point now where it's harder to miss one than go to one!

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 30 Aug 2014 23:59

I decided to go watch Luton [me dad's team] play Shrewsbury instead. Wish I'd travelled now!

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 31 Aug 2014 00:00

Slightly fortunate win but Boro were shite in front of goal for all the second half possession they had. Boro appear to be a bit of a one trick pony and if you stop Adomah they haven't really got a plan B so step forward Jordan Obita who did a pretty good job at full back (hurrah) in doing just that. We rarely attacked but when we did we looked sharp and the goal was a good superb effort and a nice finish from Cox. Lot of pressure first 10 minutes but once through that and being a goal in front it was a case of soak it up like a few seasons ago in the Champ :D .

Feds had a decent game and wasted time in a truly professional way, never enough to really rile the ref but every goal kick was a study in slow motion kicking. Couple of hairy moments, one when Pearce (?) sliced the ball against his own post and another when Feds cleared against Gunter and the ball went out for a corner. Couple of vital saves thrown in for good measure.

Gunter solid after a shaky start. Obita excellent game. Pearce excellent. Hector very rocky in first 25 minutes and was diving in all over the place and nearly gave a pen away but then settled down and played superbly. That probably is our strongest defence unless something happens in the window.

Norwood was excellent on debut and looks a really good passer of the ball but needs to work on corners and free kicks. It was a game too far for Kuhl who really struggled and it was a relief when he was subbed. Taylor was fairly anonymous although worked very hard. Edwards ran around a lot but is very lightweight.

Cox looked good in the first half but doesn't look 100% fit. Mackie worked very hard.

Subs Tanner ran around a lot to little effect. Akpan looked half decent but still doesn't impose enough on games. Cooper came on a third centre back for the last 15 minutes (6 minutes of added on time) and looked very calm and composed.

It's always good to win away and for once fortune smiled on us a little. If we can get a bit more aggression and know how back in midfield we can take the game to teams but at the moment we are very weak in this area and we are going to get bossed in the second half of games if all we have got is Taylor and Edwards and we need some pace up front to stretch teams and allow our midfield to get forward in the game more.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 Aug 2014 00:01

Will95
bobby1413

At the point now where it's harder to miss one than go to one!

Best thing about going to games like this.... doesn't matter what anyone says, you can claim "I went to boro away...." about 300-400 mile trip? Crazy and very impressive.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 31 Aug 2014 00:05

Only done aways for about 3 years now (had only done 6 or something before that), managed to reach 50 grounds with Reading on Tuesday at Scunthorpe. Almost gone a year without missing a game as well (including friendlies)!

*Not so humble brag*