FAO Adkinsistas

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Adkinsistas

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Nov 2014 21:24

Royal Rother Yeah, but rugby is pretty shit, isn't it...?

Any game where you can kick the ball off the pitch to gain an advantage has to be shit.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 30 Nov 2014 22:00

PeterRoyal76. If you don't understand what 'bit' a real supporter does ( ask the team) you really shouldn't be on here.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Nov 2014 22:10

Is it abusing people on internet forums?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2014 23:37

Pepe the Horseman Is it abusing people on internet forums?

I certainly hope so you oxf*rd slaaaaaag.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Dec 2014 09:18

Ian Royal
Royal Lady
Ian Royal Lets start at being certain we'd lose. At us only getting worse. At Adkins being clueless to do anything to stop the rot.

Oh look. We won. All wrong.

This is what I, personally, said and I stand by it:

Royal Lady I don't expect a lot of flannel - I expect him to admit it's not good enough and he'll be making changes - I don't want to hear about his blooming positivity - what is there to be positive about with the way we've been playing? If we win today - it will be fortunate, he's never positive about beating the opposition he always bigs them up

Not everything is about you.

So who has been saying all that which you are talking about then?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Dec 2014 14:41

Pandoras Box PeterRoyal76. If you don't understand what 'bit' a real supporter does ( ask the team) you really shouldn't be on here.

:roll:
Sorry I forgot they all read this!

Go Reading players......you're the bestest!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Dec 2014 14:47

sandman Do we really have to have the old "Rugby's better than football"/"Football could learn from Rugby" stuff? From an outside perspective there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby which I would suggest may be why it's quite easy to know all of the rules.

if anything rugby has too many rules, which results in a stop start game, where the reason for many of the decisions remains a mystery, despite the refs being mic'd up

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Dec 2014 14:50

Royal Lady Except I didn't say anything about gutless players. Adkins needs to get a grip on reality, not us. We have had some abysmal games and instead of admitting that and saying we should do better, he talks about a 10 minute spell where we passed the ball well. His favourite word is positive - well, to some of us who actually watch games and feel entitled to express an opinion on here more than some, the players don't share his positivity. Yesterday's win was excellent but it doesn't mean we are now playing like we should be. Where were our forwards for example?

he feels that coming out and publicly calling a load of players he has no choice but to play, incompetent and rubbish, might be counter productive.
I for one agree

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Dec 2014 14:52

melonhead
sandman Do we really have to have the old "Rugby's better than football"/"Football could learn from Rugby" stuff? From an outside perspective there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby which I would suggest may be why it's quite easy to know all of the rules.

if anything rugby has too many rules, which results in a stop start game, where the reason for many of the decisions remains a mystery, despite the refs being mic'd up

Also in rugby you get people picking up others and throwing them head first into the ground, at least in football you only get the ol' friendly elbow to the face or occasional two footer just above the knees.

Pesky rugby fellows.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Dec 2014 14:55

He doesn't have to single any one out. And if the players haven't sussed by now that they've not been playing very well, then we are doomed, doomed I tell thee.

All he needs to do is actually agree with the fans on occasion, when we've played absolutely dog-shite, rather than pretending everything is hunky dory. The players know they, collectively, haven't been doing well, so him, saying "we need to do much better than of late" or "we are all unhappy with the latest results and are working on improvements" - doesn't single any one out, but it does acknowledge there is a bit of a bloody problem.

Though, from his "interview" with Dellor after the game, clearly he is not allowed to spend any money due to FFP and so his hands have been somewhat tied.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Dec 2014 15:03

he has never changed the back 4

lets be fair, its perfectly understandable that he hasn't, given his only options were to go with even less experienced younger players in a position where experience can be key.

he rightly focusses more on what is good about our play though.
Last edited by melonhead on 01 Dec 2014 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Dec 2014 15:10

Royal Lady He doesn't have to single any one out. And if the players haven't sussed by now that they've not been playing very well, then we are doomed, doomed I tell thee.

All he needs to do is actually agree with the fans on occasion, when we've played absolutely dog-shite, rather than pretending everything is hunky dory. The players know they, collectively, haven't been doing well, so him, saying "we need to do much better than of late" or "we are all unhappy with the latest results and are working on improvements" - doesn't single any one out, but it does acknowledge there is a bit of a bloody problem.

Though, from his "interview" with Dellor after the game, clearly he is not allowed to spend any money due to FFP and so his hands have been somewhat tied.

this is nonsense though. for the last few games he has leveled some criticism at the defence in his interviews. I pointed it out on here. I also pointed it out that I was pretty sure that youd ignore it, and the next time he dared try to be positive, youd be on his back again with the old "never criticizes his players" line

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Dec 2014 16:41

I guess the buck has to stop with someone but I'm concerned Adkins is being made some kind of scapegoat here.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Dec 2014 16:46

Handsome Man
floyd__streete
Handsome Man Sacking Rodgers was a mistake

Why was it a mistake? Within a matter of months we'd improved so dramatically that we were talking about a play-off push in Spring having been adrift in the bottom 3 in January. We also enjoyed our best FA Cup run in 83 years. The following season we reached the play off final. The season after we won the title in the thrilling fashion. All without Brendan Rodgers.

We lost in a play-off final to Rodgers, and also lost our chance to develop a style of football that might have given us a chance in the Premiership when we sacked him.

But we would have been mounting our push to the premiership from League One as we were heading down the table fast.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2014 17:25

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady I don't expect a lot of flannel - I expect him to admit it's not good enough and he'll be making changes - I don't want to hear about his blooming positivity - what is there to be positive about with the way we've been playing? If we win today - it will be fortunate, he's never positive about beating the opposition he always bigs them up

Not everything is about you.

So who has been saying all that which you are talking about then?

Floyd, MMM and many others.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2014 17:27

Royal Lady He doesn't have to single any one out. And if the players haven't sussed by now that they've not been playing very well, then we are doomed, doomed I tell thee.

He has done. As has been pointed out on here in the past and blatantly ignored by you because it doesn't fit your agenda.