5%
Steve Clarke
20%

Total votes: 172
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Re-poll: Next Manager

by P!ssed Off » 15 Dec 2014 20:53

I hadn't even considered Sven G-E. Great shout!
Add him to the poll!

The Illuminati

by The Illuminati » 15 Dec 2014 20:59

Pulis would be an ideal knowing what he's achieved with Stoke and Palace, yet I suspect he wouldn't step down to Reading's level. But I would say Karl Robinson would be a good and realistic choice. He has taken MK Dons and is now challenging for League One, whilst playing attractive football.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 21:00

The Illuminati Pulis would be an ideal knowing what he's achieved with Stoke and Palace, yet I suspect he wouldn't step down to Reading's level. But I would say Karl Robinson would be a good and realistic choice. He has taken MK Dons and is now challenging for League One, whilst playing attractive football.

I think anyone who says the phrase attractive football on here from now on needs to be banned. :wink:

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 15 Dec 2014 21:01

The Illuminati Pulis would be an ideal knowing what he's achieved with Stoke and Palace, yet I suspect he wouldn't step down to Reading's level. But I would say Karl Robinson would be a good and realistic choice. He has taken MK Dons and is now challenging for League One, whilst playing attractive football.

Given we're challenging for League One, I would have said Robinson would be an excellent choice.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 15 Dec 2014 21:09

Are people having a laugh suggesting Pulis? He left a prem club because they could only spend £10m plus. Wont come to a lower champ club with no money to spend!

i would go for Steve Clarke. Good pedigree at Chelsea and unlucky to get sack at WBA. Cant believe he's still out of a job.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Dec 2014 21:10

In for Hope Powell

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Dec 2014 21:16

Clarke or Hughton.

But I do think OGS will end up doing a good job somewhere soon and would be happy with him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 21:19

paddy20 Are people having a laugh suggesting Pulis? He left a prem club because they could only spend £10m plus. Wont come to a lower champ club with no money to spend!

i would go for Steve Clarke. Good pedigree at Chelsea and unlucky to get sack at WBA. Cant believe he's still out of a job.

That is just hearsay re: Pulis though. There are also rumours that Parish was trying to dictate who they signed & was adamant they bring Zaha back even though Pulis didn't want him.....

Funny now Warnock has come back & so has Zaha. Most managers would not be best pleased at chairmen picking their squad.

(If of course that is the case)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 21:23

Pulis' philosophy would clash dramatically. That sort of football just isn't the Reading way.

Cletus Van Damme

by Cletus Van Damme » 15 Dec 2014 21:31

If we're suggesting names, Mark Cooper seems to be doing a good job just down the road at Swindon. Looks to be having them playing some good stuff too.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2014 21:32

I can confirm that Dave Hockerday is currently sat in the bar of The Madejski Hotel.....looks like we have our replacement.....

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 15 Dec 2014 21:33

Looking the list of available managers is hardly inspiring and you have to hope there's some science behind the decision to sack Adkins and the board have some idea who they want. With regard to Dolan, just because you can develop kids doesn't make you a good first team manager or good tactician. We need him to manage the Cat1 academy project which is where the future of the club lies.

I would like to see a manager who has a track record of integrating youth with first team along with some level of promotion success in the championship (which is different to div 1/2)

Anyway looking forward to the anti adkins brigade turning up in force to support the team Saturday :roll: .

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 21:37

madstadblues I would like to see a manager who has a track record of integrating youth with first team along with some level of promotion success in the championship (which is different to div 1/2)

That sounds ideal, but for the life of me I can't think of any examples. Can anyone think of a manager who has recently lost his job who would fit that description? :?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Dec 2014 21:39

So we're looking for an experienced manager who has gained promotion at this level before. Proven track record of bringing youth through. Can work on a budget and can play the Reading way :idea: Nigel Adkins is available :?

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 15 Dec 2014 21:42

[list][/list][quote="semtex1871"]I can confirm that Dave Hockerday is currently sat in the bar of The Madejski Hotel.....looks like we have our replacement.....[/quote]

Good. I'm relieved that the inexperienced Dave Hockaday isn't in the running.

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 15 Dec 2014 21:45

SCIAG
madstadblues I would like to see a manager who has a track record of integrating youth with first team along with some level of promotion success in the championship (which is different to div 1/2)

That sounds ideal, but for the life of me I can't think of any examples. Can anyone think of a manager who has recently lost his job who would fit that description? :?

Sir Alex Ferguson is still out of work. Good track record of bringing through youth team players. Maybe lacks the experience at Championship level we need.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 15 Dec 2014 21:46

WoodleyRoyal So we're looking for an experienced manager who has gained promotion at this level before. Proven track record of bringing youth through. Can work on a budget and can play the Reading way :idea: Nigel Adkins is available :?

Exactament!!!

Beans

by Beans » 15 Dec 2014 21:51

semtex1871 I can confirm that Dave Hockerday is currently sat in the bar of The Madejski Hotel.....looks like we have our replacement.....

I pray to god that's a wind up :|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Dec 2014 21:55

Three names jump out from that list for me, Pulis, Hughton and Clarke. I think short term, Pulis would be great but I would favour Clarke of the other two long term.

I think Karl Robinson is also a very good manager but you have to ask the question, given where both clubs are now, why the oxf*rd would he leave MK Dons for us?

Of the others, i honestly think Parky's found his level at Bradford, I'd love Bryn but maybe it's too soon. I reckon he'll be the next Reading manager after whoever gets picked this time. Dolan is a good fit with the Academy, I'd hate to see that disrupted.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 22:03

I think Cooper could be a good shout. Quite like Clarke / Pulis also. Not keen on Hughton at all. Don't think he's proved much.

Would rather take a punt on someone like Sherwood over Hughton.

222 posts