CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

1020 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

by SCIAG » 21 Jan 2015 22:44

leon
I like the sound of frisbee golf. What is it?

Go to an open space. Pick a distinctive point in the middle distance and try to hit it with a frisbee in as few throws as possible.

It is a noble sport with a long history and should not be lumped in with badger baiting or internet trolling. It's more like korfball or kabaddi.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 21 Jan 2015 23:17

so we have gone from "we have a pre-agreed deal to sign Murray (as badly needed based on Fulham or someone younger) and the money is in place but it might be the only one we do" , to to we don't have the money to meet FFP to sign anyone! - how the f**k can the finances change that much in 6 weeks - add that to the invisible owners, are we are watching yet another melt down..........so boring and depressing. I work in finance, so maybe they need to engage me to get some off balance sheet funding that will disguise FFP - Nigel I await your call.............

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Jan 2015 08:33

sandman
leon
Extended-Phenotype
Doesn't Floyd mean that, despite mistreatment, some fans still leap to the defence of our management? That's what I thought he meant.

Anyway, dunno why this argument has reigned on so long. Its obvious Murray is decent, it would just be preferable if we could sign a player with a longer shelf life.

There. You can all go out and do something more interesting now. Like Frisbee golf or badger baiting.

I like the sound of frisbee golf. What is it?

It's a poor attempt at humour seemingly.

No, its a game

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Jan 2015 08:40

EverHopeful so we have gone from "we have a pre-agreed deal to sign Murray (as badly needed based on Fulham or someone younger) and the money is in place but it might be the only one we do" , to to we don't have the money to meet FFP to sign anyone! - how the f**k can the finances change that much in 6 weeks - add that to the invisible owners, are we are watching yet another melt down..........so boring and depressing. I work in finance, so maybe they need to engage me to get some off balance sheet funding that will disguise FFP - Nigel I await your call.............

You need to change your username, m8.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 22 Jan 2015 08:49

EverHopeful so we have gone from "we have a pre-agreed deal to sign Murray (as badly needed based on Fulham or someone younger) and the money is in place but it might be the only one we do" , to to we don't have the money to meet FFP to sign anyone! - how the f**k can the finances change that much in 6 weeks - add that to the invisible owners, are we are watching yet another melt down..........so boring and depressing. I work in finance, so maybe they need to engage me to get some off balance sheet funding that will disguise FFP - Nigel I await your call.............

Adkins plus his crew being paid off in full would have caused a bit of a hit. Although more accurately it's what we're paying Clarke/Keen which is the surplus. Losing Drenthe's wedge might offset that a bit.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jan 2015 09:19

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode Meanwhile Le Fondre signs for Huddersfield.

Good striker, but he never held down a starting spot here and is not even remotely the sort of forward we particularly need.
Maybe not the ideal forward for us, but he does score goals and that's what we need more than anything.

Stephen Hunt, Noel Hunt and Jay Tabb are performing well at Ipswich - Our squad and indeed starting lineup would be stronger today if we'd kept N Hunt and Tabb on the books and also looked at resigning S Hunt, but you can't turn back time and in any case, if we have off the field problems with management etc they may not perform as well here as at Ipswich. Maybe the club should look to learn from it's mistakes.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 22 Jan 2015 09:26

It sounds like a great bit of positioning from the club. Pleading poverty in the press, knowing that Palace really don't want Murray and leaving him with a simple choice of rotting in Palace reserves or first team football at Reading. Negotiations to knock down the price I'm presuming are ongoing.

Or it could be bollocks.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2015 09:30

BUT doesn't ALF only score in January?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2015 10:00

Royalwaster BUT doesn't ALF only score in January?

Wigan and Leeds beware then

ALF likes scoring against Leeds.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 22 Jan 2015 11:06

RoyalBlue The whole sign him permanently debate now becomes academic as, according to GetReading, Clarke has said that the poor financial situation at the club means that he will only be able to make loan signings this transfer window.

Quelle surprise!

Next announcement: "No loan players available that added anything above those we already have."

Same old Reading.

Risk of relegation has just increased.

Maybe, just maybe, Steve Clarke has decided that the squad is good enough to stay up (give or take a loan or two). Is happy to wait until the summer (when some of the big earners are out of contract) rather than spend the limited budget he has now on slightly overpriced players. He has practically conceded that promotion is almost impossible so why not wait to do a proper re-build in the summer?

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Jan 2015 12:04

DaddyKuhl
RoyalBlue The whole sign him permanently debate now becomes academic as, according to GetReading, Clarke has said that the poor financial situation at the club means that he will only be able to make loan signings this transfer window.

Quelle surprise!

Next announcement: "No loan players available that added anything above those we already have."

Same old Reading.

Maybe, just maybe, Steve Clarke has decided that the squad is good enough to stay up (give or take a loan or two). Is happy to wait until the summer (when some of the big earners are out of contract) rather than spend the limited budget he has now on slightly overpriced players. He has practically conceded that promotion is almost impossible so why not wait to do a proper re-build in the summer?

Bit of a risky strategy though...you need to be able to score goals...and with teams around us strengthening a lot more than us...I can see us getting dragged into the relegation battle...trying to hold on for a draw, panicking as we have done all season then conceding late on...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Jan 2015 13:29

DaddyKuhl

Quelle surprise!

Same old Reading.

Ah, the ol' "not signing anyone in January because we will hit that shit in the summer" ruse.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2015 13:35

Jure Travner is now confirmed as having joined the club today so now just Murray to go...

fruits

by fruits » 22 Jan 2015 13:38

Steve Clarke knows a lot more about football than I do, but if he thinks this squad is good enough to stay up , with our mercurial defence and shot shy forwards, he is not thinking straight or maintaining the party line. NO MONEY.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jan 2015 14:02

Pepe the Horseman
blueroyals
* he can't play for 3 teams within 1 season. He either stays there or comes here.

That's a good point actually. Surprised more hasn't been made of it. Surely that should help with our bargaining as well.

FIFA’s three-club rule prevents players from playing for more than two top flight sides in a season..... So Murray is unaffected the Championship is second tier meaning he can still move to any club anywhere.

However, this rule may work in our favour as Nathaniel Chalobah's move to a top tier club can not happen due to this rule meaning he can only go to a second tier or lower team such as ourselves.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... el-8494145

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 22 Jan 2015 14:10

fruits Steve Clarke knows a lot more about football than I do, but if he thinks this squad is good enough to stay up , with our mercurial defence and shot shy forwards, he is not thinking straight or maintaining the party line. NO MONEY.

The squad we have now are easily good enough to stay up, with or without Murray. It's as much about midfield starting to chip in as it is about another striker. HRK/Pog played well together in the game or two they had last season, I'd like to see them being given a go before splashing out £2m on a player with no long term future and no resale value.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 22 Jan 2015 14:17

Forbury Lion
Pepe the Horseman
blueroyals
* he can't play for 3 teams within 1 season. He either stays there or comes here.

That's a good point actually. Surprised more hasn't been made of it. Surely that should help with our bargaining as well.

FIFA’s three-club rule prevents players from playing for more than two top flight sides in a season..... So Murray is unaffected the Championship is second tier meaning he can still move to any club anywhere.

However, this rule may work in our favour as Nathaniel Chalobah's move to a top tier club can not happen due to this rule meaning he can only go to a second tier or lower team such as ourselves.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... el-8494145

It doesn't make any difference which tier their in so Murray can only play for us or Crystal Palace. Chalobah has only played for Burnley this season so that rule will only come into force if he plays for us. He then can't play for anyone but us or Burnley until the end of the season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2015 15:57

Or Chelsea :shock: :lol:

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 22 Jan 2015 16:11

The relevant FIFA rule:
FIFA, In 'Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players' S5.3 Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

However in 2010
An FA spokesman Emergency loans don’t count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for as he remains under contract to his parent club.
Emergency loans (more correctly short-term loans) are between 28-93 days, only between English clubs, and may get banned at the end of the season if FIFA have their way.

So, Murray's loan to us was a long-term loan, so he can't play for anyone else this season unless he goes somewhere with an overlapping season, or goes on a short-term loan.

Chalobah has played for Burnley and Chelsea u21 this season, so he can also only go elsewhere on a short-term loan.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2015 16:14

Saying his loan is until the end of the season, so has someone fcuked up?

1020 posts