BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2015 19:50

So we lost out on Murray and instead were given Yakubu as a low risk option! You reap what you sow.

And Clarke also bemoans the lack of a poacher - well the sale fiasco(s) put paid to ALF and Sharp.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Feb 2015 19:50

I've just read the report on the Tilehurst end.

Apparently the guy was shouting "wannnnker".

Totally not offensive in my view.

However, what are the stewards meant to do if some sensitive soul complains... I guess they're reacting to complaints and in their mind are doing their job.

From what I've read its really poor as others said he was actually getting the whole area going.

In terms of FB. It's on the READING FC 1871 group

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2015 19:52

Wycombe Royal
bobby1413 Video on FB of the guy being thrown out. Looks to be an older man standing up singing with the whole stand "stand up for the blue and whites" I think anyway

I wasn't too far away from it and the guy was doing a decent job of creating an atmosphere today. The steward in front of me was slating the stewards who were dealing with him but reserved his biggest criticisms for the head steward and he used a few choice words to describe him.

Yes, there are some decent stewards on duty at the Mad Stad. Trouble is the arseholes appear to be the ones wielding the real power. They're also the ones who seem to become semi-invisible whenever the likes of Millwall are in town.

So when the arsehole stewards have succeeded in keeping the home support quiet and in their seats, we should all be able to hear the Fs, Cs and Ws from the players. Will the arseholes then eject them from the stadium at half-time? Might be doing us a favour if they did!

Berry

by Berry » 28 Feb 2015 19:58

Well it is my 45th birthday today and woke this morning and thought what should i do? Could of chosen a few options but a trip down to the Mad Stad was my answer, Not the best decision ive ever made after todays back to Adkins style effort.....Crab football reared its head again halfway through the secomd half which I thought had followed Adkins out the door.
Defenders need to tackle, Midfielders need to pass, Goalies need to save and Strikers need to score, unfortunately Cox isnt a striker, he never has been and never will be...the guy works damn hard for the team but he is a striker and they are supposed to score goals...Is he the modern day Andy Hughes?

Plus points....Not many but Gunter put in a few good crosses and got over the halfway line and the Pog worked hard.

Neg Points...See Cox above and HRK, The guy can do a lot of things averagely but can do nothing well, Surely enoughs enough now Hal

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Feb 2015 19:59

Happy birthday Berry.

Berry

by Berry » 28 Feb 2015 20:08

Thanks Pepe...Was looking forward to having a beer and reading through todays programme but my petulant 23yr old son that accompanied me today threw the programme in the bin in disgust!!

Youngsters hey!!! :lol:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Feb 2015 20:18

I agree with those saying this was a better home performance
Seems perverse but we could have won this had we taken a chance or two in the first half.
At half time I thought it was the most entertaining half for quite some time and we would have not have been flattered by a half time lead.

Until they scored we were playing well and looking comfortable
A superb strike from Osborn and that was that.
Although how no one got on the end of Gunters cross at 1 0 I don't know. It went past Pog Cox and HRK I think, only a yard out. Clarke said "as usual" there was no one in a position to finish

Thought Gunter and McCleary were excellent and created loads. They really seem to know exactly what the other one is going to do
Cox on the other hand... Perhaps he is trying too hard to score now

So a poor result but by no means the worst performance

Oh and the ref was a oxf*rd, thought he let too much go, was alternately off the pace and in the way

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Feb 2015 20:19

I thought the ref was ok

johnny royal

BFTG Forrst (H)

by johnny royal » 28 Feb 2015 20:21

I was sat in the row behind the chap who was thrown out. Yes he did swear but all he was trying to do was to get the crowd
going. What he said was if we win at Bradford next week you will all be singing we are off to f**king wembley. When a steward
ask him to sit down he said i am just trying to get the crowd going.then all of a sudden their must have been about 17 to 20 stewards.
When i went down to the loo just before half time there where stewards and police waiting when i went back to my seat i. told the guy. When he went down for a pint they grab him All he was doing was trying to get the crowd to create some noise which he did In 52 years of supporting the royals i have never been so disgusted of the treatment of a supporter SHAME ON YO

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 28 Feb 2015 20:23

to be honest the first half wasn't that bad - they had the first 20 or so although Cox should have done better from that pull back and certainly last 15 mins we were the better side and a little unlucky not to score - if only we had a goal poacher..............

second half - must have been an inspirational team talk as quite simply we didn't turn up. sideways slow passing, long balls (as was much of the first 25 first half) to Pog who without any doubt worked his nuts off but their number 4 had him in his pocket all afternoon and controlled the last third. we are just not dangerous enough consistently and if we don't take chances we are fu**ed. Gunter cross across the goal at 1-0 could have changed it if we had converted, but yet again we didn't and they go up the other end a few minutes later and its game over

getting hugely bored of home games haven't not seen a Urzzz goal since 4th Nov (xmas family commitments in the way of the only two games we have scored in) and only one away at Fulham - 2 goals in nearly 3 months, god what value for money!!

still a 10 hour return journey to Bradford to see another clean sheet by them beckons.....positive thought is at least we are not Blackpool.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 28 Feb 2015 20:26

bobby1413 Video on FB of the guy being thrown out. Looks to be an older man standing up singing with the whole stand "stand up for the blue and whites" I think anyway

Do you have a link to this Facebook page please?

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 28 Feb 2015 20:29

If your main interest is in stewards and swearing, please ignore the following as I am commenting on the game ...

We were undone by two wonder-strikes either side of a scrappy scrambled goal. Even a number of our own supporters applauded that last goal!

But the writing was on the wall in the first half. After an entertaining half hour between two well-matched sides we took the initiative and penned Forest back in their own half for most of the closing 15-20 minutes. Gunter was working really well with McCleary and it was his (Gunter's) excellent cross which invited a volley at goal from Pog (or was it Cox?). Other chances were spurned in that time too and it was not surprising that we would pay for our profligacy in that period of play.

And so it proved in the second half. We didn't play badly and the team played with passion so the 'booing' at full time was, in my opinion, unjustified. Having got ahead, Forest did not 'park the bus' but, understandably, were more defensive minded and we really struggle to break down such sides. Williams and Chalobah were joining the attack leaving wide spaces in our mid-field which Forest exploited with several dangerous counter attacks. We still had opportunities to score and should have scored but somehow we never looked like doing so.

No blame attached to Feds for the goals and he pulled off one magnificent save in the top left hand corner of his goal. I thought Obita had a good game and contained Antonio (who got a pretty good reception from the Reading crowd). Chalobah showed some nice touches but was guilty of giving away the ball too often. Pearce and Hector were solid with both Forest's first and third goals coming from shots from distance. Cox worked hard but without much end product and HRK was pretty anonymous for me. Williams and Gunter were MOTM with Pog and McCleary not far behind.

All in all this was much better than those woeful home performances against Leeds and Wigan and there was a better atmosphere in the crowd too. We need to be finding the target more often and to do that we need to be releasing the ball more quickly instead of dwelling on it while the opposition regroup. But 0 - 3 flattered Forest as I'm sure they would admit(?!).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Feb 2015 20:33

bcubed Don't know where this ejection happened but there is no issue from stewards in East Stand. Many people stand each game and I have stood every game this season and no one says a thing

+1 You'd have to be being a total bellend to get thrown out. At least where I sit, maybe it's different elsewhere.

In fact at a game a month or two ago I saw several people complaining to stewards in Y26 about people standing up a few rows in front and the stewards just placated them and did nothing about it because they clearly weren't blocking the view.

If a steward asks you to sit down, sit down and then stand up 5 minutes later. If you're being told you're swearing too much, stop swearing for a while. THere's no reason to shout more than the odd expletive anyway.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 28 Feb 2015 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Feb 2015 20:36

bcubed
Oh and the ref was a oxf*rd, thought he let too much go, was alternately off the pace and in the way

How does anyone know the ref was off the pace, lol. Surely if he was in the way he was on the pace and up with play, no?

Let too much go, enlighten me. Thought he was quite picky!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Feb 2015 20:39

Ian Royal
bcubed Don't know where this ejection happened but there is no issue from stewards in East Stand. Many people stand each game and I have stood every game this season and no one says a thing

+1 You'd have to be being a total bellend to get thrown out.

In fact at a game a month or two ago I saw several people complaining to stewards in Y26 about people standing up a few rows in front and the stewards just placated them and did nothing about it because they clearly weren't blocking the view.

If a steward asks you to sit down, sit down and then stand up 5 minutes later. If you're being told you're swearing too much, stop swearing for a while. THere's no reason to shout more than the odd expletive anyway.

Why do you have to voice an opinion about absolutely everything?
You didn't see the incident, you weren't even at the game. Be quiet!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Feb 2015 20:42

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal

+1 You'd have to be being a total bellend to get thrown out.

It's all about the post count.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Feb 2015 20:52

paultheroyal
bcubed

How does anyone know the ref was off the pace, lol. Surely if he was in the way he was on the pace and up with play, no?

Let too much go, enlighten me. Thought he was quite picky!

IMO his positioning was poor. He was EITHER too far away or too close.
If he isn't up with play and making decisions from too far away he is off the pace. Simple?!
Alternatively he sometimes got in the way, impeding players on two or thee occasions

And I thought he was very lenient, you obviously didnt

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Feb 2015 20:56

paultheroyal
P!ssed Off
Ian Royal +1 You'd have to be being a total bellend to get thrown out.

It's all about the post count.

Or maybe he just agreed with what he's read?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Feb 2015 21:04

RoyalBlue
John Madejski's Wallet Can someone tell me what the point of Chalobah is?

Loses the ball more than all the others put together, slows down all attacks and his passing is dross

According to Clarke that is because of the state of the Mad Stad pitch and isn't a problem away from home. So, if true, why pick him for home games you idiot?! :twisted:

Clarke is doing no better than Adkins.

Interesting. I can't help but agree with the sentiment of the OP and the general all round crapness of Chalobah but he seems to be Clarke's trophy signing and so is a shoe-in for a start. If it is true that Chalobah can't play his usual "passing game" on a poor playing surface, then he won't be appearing next week at Bradford will he? Let's test the theory...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Feb 2015 21:15

Heres the video:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1732878430271798

If the reports are accurate then it's a oxf*rd disgrace. The soul sapping atmosphere is large part of the reason why my trips to the Mad Stad are so infrequent.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 28 Feb 2015 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

214 posts