Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Apr 2015 22:06

Guessing they assumed they'd be in the semi final.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2015 22:12

North Somerset Royal
Nameless
Royal Lady Wrt to this Huddersfield kid who has won a competition to be our mascot at Wembley - does anyone know who organised the competition and why no young supporters of other teams were given a chance to apply?

The FA organised the completions

One supporter from a whole load of teams has been chosen

He's not our mascot, he's one of the mascots that will be walking out with the players

Anyone who was at the Huddersfield game would have seen the draw being made and his name being announced

Whilst it's good that lots of kids get a chance to be at Wembley it may have meant more if they had been local to us. But I think the FA do this every year

Not so. The comp that the kid won was organised by Huddersfield Town and was for their young supporters attending the game against us as detailed here.
http://www.htafc.com/news/article/hudde ... 71554.aspx

No, lots of clubs had similar competitions. All initiated by the FA. DOn't think a club could just decide to send one it's fans to be a mascot unless the FA had set it up before hand.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 10 Apr 2015 22:33

Whilst other clubs may have done the same and obviously the FA would have to sanction it the fact is that the comp that the kid won was organised by Huddersfield Town and was only open to their young fans who attended the tie against us and completed an entry form. Those of us that we're there saw the draw take place at half time on the pitch.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Apr 2015 22:43

RL asked if other young fans could enter. Which given it is an FA competition they obviously can. While to win the Huddersfield place you needed to enter the Huddersfield bit you could also enter other parts of the wider competition.

As I pointed out originally those of us who were at Huddersfield etcetcetcetc

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 10 Apr 2015 22:54

If you read the link I posted you wil have seen that the answer to RL'S question is that it was only open to young Hudddersfield Fans as made clear here
. Come and watch Town this Saturday 3 January against Reading and be in with a chance of walking out onto the Wembley pitch at one of the FA Cup 2015 Semi-Finals!

Junior Town fans aged between seven and 11 can win the opportunity to walk out with the semi-finalists at Wembley on the weekend of 18/19 April 2015, simply by filling out an entry form prior to kick-off.

Entry forms are available from the Stadium Superstore or from Terry the Terrier and members of the Town Family wearing green hoodies. Just fill one out and either hand back to them or post in the special box at the Stadium Superstore before 3pm.

The winner will be drawn out at random at half-time at the game, so make sure you are in your seat to find out if you’ve won!
Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/hudde ... Li8Ds41.99

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 Apr 2015 23:40

Let's just boo the fat pcunt anyway

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Apr 2015 23:56

Tickets arrived today. Bit disappointed that 4STs bought on day one are worse than the the two additional tickets bought much later on. Just unclear what criteria was used to issue tickets.

hobnob
Site Admin

by hobnob » 11 Apr 2015 00:00

3points Tickets arrived today. Bit disappointed that 4STs bought on day one are worse than the the two additional tickets bought much later on. Just unclear what criteria was used to issue tickets.

I think the criteria was the earlier you bought tickets on-line the worse seats were dished out...

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Apr 2015 00:59

3points Tickets arrived today. Bit disappointed that 4STs bought on day one are worse than the the two additional tickets bought much later on. Just unclear what criteria was used to issue tickets.

Lottery

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Apr 2015 09:43

North Somerset Royal If you read the link I posted you wil have seen that the answer to RL'S question is that it was only open to young Hudddersfield Fans as made clear here
. Come and watch Town this Saturday 3 January against Reading and be in with a chance of walking out onto the Wembley pitch at one of the FA Cup 2015 Semi-Finals!

Junior Town fans aged between seven and 11 can win the opportunity to walk out with the semi-finalists at Wembley on the weekend of 18/19 April 2015, simply by filling out an entry form prior to kick-off.

Entry forms are available from the Stadium Superstore or from Terry the Terrier and members of the Town Family wearing green hoodies. Just fill one out and either hand back to them or post in the special box at the Stadium Superstore before 3pm.

The winner will be drawn out at random at half-time at the game, so make sure you are in your seat to find out if you’ve won!
Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/hudde ... Li8Ds41.99

A clear winner in the most ridiculous exchange on a HNA thread this season.
well done to the lad for winning one of the various FA sponsored competitions.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Apr 2015 11:31

They had a pile of them, started at the top for each block and worked through them with each order.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 11 Apr 2015 11:50

PieEater

They had a pile of them, started at the top for each block and worked through them with each order.

for the upper tier, surely they should have started at the bottom and not the top. I really like the seats at the front of the upper tier based on previous trips to Wembley for England games but now fear we will be in the gods watching the matchstick men running around. Best bring my binoculaurs :)

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 11 Apr 2015 12:18

Silver Fox 'zackly, the answer to "how many others will suffer this fate" is probably the same as "how many others made the same mistake"

West Stand Man 'So, can we all be given confirmation that you checked the delivery address before closing the deal( or maybe you just rushed past that stage?). A lesson learned maybe?"

For the record I have a delivery and billing address, both are the same address.

They sent the tickets to someone else in my booking. They have chosen at random from the members in my booking who to post it to.

This seems a strange way of posting tickets. Send them to the purchaser surely, not any old member of the group.
Last edited by Greatwesternline on 11 Apr 2015 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

coyrls

by coyrls » 11 Apr 2015 12:19

PieEater

Not sure it was that organised. When I bought in person (after queueing for 4 hours!), I was given the choice of "nearer the front or nearer the back". I would have thought that for Red, nearer the back was a no brainer but I overheard several people asking for seats near the front, wierd.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Apr 2015 14:39

North Somerset Royal
Nameless
Royal Lady Wrt to this Huddersfield kid who has won a competition to be our mascot at Wembley - does anyone know who organised the competition and why no young supporters of other teams were given a chance to apply?

The FA organised the completions

One supporter from a whole load of teams has been chosen

He's not our mascot, he's one of the mascots that will be walking out with the players

Anyone who was at the Huddersfield game would have seen the draw being made and his name being announced

Whilst it's good that lots of kids get a chance to be at Wembley it may have meant more if they had been local to us. But I think the FA do this every year

Not so. The comp that the kid won was organised by Huddersfield Town and was for their young supporters attending the game against us as detailed here.
http://www.htafc.com/news/article/hudde ... 71554.aspx

For the attn of pompous know it all Ian Radio Royal

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Apr 2015 14:44

Yep - Schards ordered 13 tickets from his account all with linked family and family and friends - 9 were sent to us, 2 to his brother who is linked on friends and family and we are missing 2 more, which will probably have been sent to either 2-0 FiL or muppet at an address we haven't lived at for 13 years and which I told the club about - why not send tickets to the person who ordered (and paid) for them??

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Apr 2015 14:47

And wrt this Huddersfield supporting boy - pls can someone, Ian Royal?, put me in direction of details where RFC young supporters had chance to enter similar competition? Because I think you'll find, RFC fans were not given the same option of a competition entry. We may have some mascots but their parents will have paid for the pleasure.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 12 Apr 2015 14:48

A m8 had his tickets sent to his old address, too, despite being quite clear over the phone to the ticket office that he had moved and that they should be sent to his new address.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 12 Apr 2015 15:45

Was starting to get concerned as to where my tickets had got to having ordered just after 10am on the first day of sale and been reading on here for days about people receiving tickets... Visiting my parents today (which is my billing address - never updated my bank details over the years) and found an envelope on the side with tickets in. Definitely put my Winchester address as delivery address yet tickets end up 40 miles away. Oh well - least I've got them I guess!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Apr 2015 15:57

They've definitely cocked up - what happens if people don't get their tickets because they've gone to a totally wrong address? Will the club issue new ones?

2002 posts