Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by Sutekh » 07 Jun 2015 15:59

From what I've seen so far I reckon he's still after Kalou.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 07 Jun 2015 16:08

Sutekh From what I've seen so far I reckon he's still after Kalou.

If it's any consolation, It looks like we aren't making any signing until the Club sale is resolved. Hopefully this week :roll:

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 07 Jun 2015 17:05

Has anyone seen the amount of keepers released by clubs this summer, there are some real quality (and not so) out there!

Plus are charlton looking to get rid of bikey?!?!? ;) throw that one out there

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 07 Jun 2015 17:08

Pre contracts for players in this country between clubs in this country could sign as of the 1st June as contracts generally run to 1st July.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 07 Jun 2015 17:45

Andersen linked to Hartlepool apparently...oh and we are looking at Al-Habsi... :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jun 2015 17:56

Turns8 Andersen linked to Hartlepool apparently...oh and we are looking at Al-Habsi... :roll:

Nothing so far to make me regret not going next season. That piece of news just makes me glad I'm not. Though I might get a game if I were to turn up earlier enough :roll: :twisted:

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 07 Jun 2015 20:25

I still think people are panicking on here far too much at this point in time. If its a similar picture at the beginning of July then there would be reasons to panic...

A lot of players who have been out on loan have either gone on holiday or appearing for their country in various tournaments and friendlies. clubs will not verify loan deals at this point in time unless the player has no future at the club or forced to because of league rules (amount of foreign players in the first team as in la liga).

Notice that there isn't a real rush with the free transfer players either, there does seem to be an awful lot of players available this summer (might just be me) but it seems that players will have their pick of clubs so long as clubs match their wage demands.

I still do not think their will be "funds" available for transfer fees and we will rely on free signings and loans...but I think this is going to be the plan going forward, for at least the next two seasons

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 07 Jun 2015 21:31

mikey0406 I still think people are panicking on here far too much at this point in time. If its a similar picture at the beginning of July then there would be reasons to panic...

A lot of players who have been out on loan have either gone on holiday or appearing for their country in various tournaments and friendlies. clubs will not verify loan deals at this point in time unless the player has no future at the club or forced to because of league rules (amount of foreign players in the first team as in la liga).

Notice that there isn't a real rush with the free transfer players either, there does seem to be an awful lot of players available this summer (might just be me) but it seems that players will have their pick of clubs so long as clubs match their wage demands.

I still do not think their will be "funds" available for transfer fees and we will rely on free signings and loans...but I think this is going to be the plan going forward, for at least the next two seasons

Quite right, He'll start chasing targets end of june Early July as the players are back off holiday or home from tournaments. Plus as I said before Clarke takes his time You'll bring in players throught out the window but expect the big ones more towards the end of the window. It's how he did it with us the 2 summers he was here

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 07 Jun 2015 21:39

Baggie192
mikey0406 I still think people are panicking on here far too much at this point in time. If its a similar picture at the beginning of July then there would be reasons to panic...

Quite right, He'll start chasing targets end of june Early July as the players are back off holiday or home from tournaments. Plus as I said before Clarke takes his time You'll bring in players throught out the window but expect the big ones more towards the end of the window. It's how he did it with us the 2 summers he was here

what did you guys think of SC throughout his time? It seemed that he changed you guys into a crisper passing side without setting the world alight. I have been impressed with the way he has bled some youth through but feel he has been limited to the resources he has at his disposal. if he does not get the transfer targets he has in mind through our cash restraints I see him walking by October

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Jun 2015 22:34

mikey0406
Baggie192

what did you guys think of SC throughout his time? It seemed that he changed you guys into a crisper passing side without setting the world alight. I have been impressed with the way he has bled some youth through but feel he has been limited to the resources he has at his disposal. if he does not get the transfer targets he has in mind through our cash restraints I see him walking by October

IMHO he dealt effectively with our immediate problem - the shambolic defending under Atkins. However to do that we sacrificed a lot of our attacking play and had to rely on the loanees in midfield for possession. Had we had slightly better attacking options we might have gotten away with it but the lack of goals almost cost us badly. I don't know if SC will have the money to do anything about that for next season, though I expect he will leave if he doesn't get it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jun 2015 23:26

Elm Park Kid
mikey0406 what did you guys think of SC throughout his time? It seemed that he changed you guys into a crisper passing side without setting the world alight. I have been impressed with the way he has bled some youth through but feel he has been limited to the resources he has at his disposal. if he does not get the transfer targets he has in mind through our cash restraints I see him walking by October

IMHO he dealt effectively with our immediate problem - the shambolic defending under Atkins. However to do that we sacrificed a lot of our attacking play and had to rely on the loanees in midfield for possession. Had we had slightly better attacking options we might have gotten away with it but the lack of goals almost cost us badly. I don't know if SC will have the money to do anything about that for next season, though I expect he will leave if he doesn't get it.

I think he was asking for the WBA thoughts of Clarke during his tenure.

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 08 Jun 2015 07:14

mikey0406 Plus are charlton looking to get rid of bikey?!?!? ;) throw that one out there

Would love to see Bikey come back :D :D :D :D

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Jun 2015 13:07

Hoop Blah
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Ive always liked Mackie, but I was quite alone in that feeling for the first 25 games (ish) of the season.
You could say that failing to sign him permanently is, well, another failing.

Has Mackie now gone elsewhere then? I must've missed that then.

According to this we're still trying to workout some kind of deal with Forest to bring Mackie back.
[url]
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/ ... gham-fore/[/url]

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jun 2015 14:05

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jun 2015 14:07

Now for Jem's new contract to be announced...

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jun 2015 14:10

Odd that there's the Derby announcement but no Reading related announcement from any source related to the club, it's obviously official, no denying that. Have they been asked to maybe hold off announcing info on Pearce?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jun 2015 14:14

They still haven't announced Feds leaving have they? Just printed that thank you note from him.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jun 2015 14:23

Pepe the Horseman They still haven't announced Feds leaving have they? Just printed that thank you note from him.

Not just the club though, the ones on Twitter for example, Charles Watts is on vacation, or at least some sort of break. Just upon a second look, that Jonathan Low chap has tweeted about it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jun 2015 14:24

Pepe the Horseman They still haven't announced Feds leaving have they? Just printed that thank you note from him.

I don't think they did.

I think I remember seeing a picture of Feds in the Bournemouth dressing room or something though.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 08 Jun 2015 14:56

mikey0406
Baggie192

First 6 months were great, We had Odemwingie and the club stumped up the £5 Mil for Lukaku. Then the Odemwingie saga happened. Now there's right and Wrong on both sides of that. Things started to leak from the club which shouldn't have. Clarke could of put his foot down to stop it because it was coming from a member of his backroom staff not the players, h did nothing. However The 5 all draw in SAF's last game at Man Utd is my second Favourite game of our resurgence Era. The Problems really started in the second summer window. Odemwingie and Lukaku both gone that was 31 goals that needed to be replaced His plan? Turn us into Chelsea circa 2009. He got Anelka (Who eventually cost us £6 million in sponsership, and more importantly tarnished our good name) but Kalou played him like a fiddle for most of the summer. Our most notable signing before deadline day was Vydra on loan. Who he then rarely played. He did miss targets because although we have a DoF. The head Coach had final say on transfers (Pulis took the job on that assurence) I think the board were having doubts in the summer. Our form had dropped right off since Christmas. We beat Sunderland in Di Canio's last game then were destroyed by Swansea and Southampton. After that he was dead man walking, a question of when not if.

Edit: I doubt he'll walk, he set us back 2 years. He needs Reading to be seen as a success, or, his days as a No.1 at a club could be numbered

1897 posts