Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

JAPULATION: Ryo Miyaichi

by TBM » 10 Jun 2015 15:30

Just been released by Arsenal

WCBAP though

Jano

Re: JAPULATION: Ryo Miyaichi

by Jano » 10 Jun 2015 16:06

Considering our recent record with injured players, we're more likely to be signing Abou Diaby on a silly contract :(

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 10 Jun 2015 16:14

He's still relatively young, and would've got a good education at Arsenal. But, wages will probably hamper us and he may be looking at playing abroad. A Japanese player is always good for the commercial interest, though.

If we could get him on sensible wages and on the back of a good pre-season, Diaby could be worth a year's contract. He's quite versatile and undoubtedly has quality, although admittedly fitness and wages are a massive concern.

Could be a 'project' for Clarke.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Jun 2015 16:27

MoorgateRoyal He's still relatively young, and would've got a good education at Arsenal. But, wages will probably hamper us and he may be looking at playing abroad. A Japanese player is always good for the commercial interest, though.

If we could get him on sensible wages and on the back of a good pre-season, Diaby could be worth a year's contract. He's quite versatile and undoubtedly has quality, although admittedly fitness and wages are a massive concern.

Is it a good commercial interest? Personally had no idea who Ryo Miyaichi was, still don't actually as I haven't googled/wikipedia'd him. I get that if it was Football Manager there would be an increase in commercial revenue but I can't see it bringing in the Japanese crowd. Maybe if it was one of their higher capped players but not that 2 capped youngster with a bit of potential left.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 10 Jun 2015 16:35

tidus_mi2
MoorgateRoyal He's still relatively young, and would've got a good education at Arsenal. But, wages will probably hamper us and he may be looking at playing abroad. A Japanese player is always good for the commercial interest, though.

Is it a good commercial interest? Personally had no idea who Ryo Miyaichi was, still don't actually as I haven't googled/wikipedia'd him. I get that if it was Football Manager there would be an increase in commercial revenue but I can't see it bringing in the Japanese crowd. Maybe if it was one of their higher capped players but not that 2 capped youngster with a bit of potential left.

You're probably right to an extent. But the Japanese fans in particular always seem to be very fervent in supporting their overseas players, and also in sending TV crews etc. over for games. If we sell a few shirts and supplement our presence in Asia, that would always be good.

That can't be the sole reason to sign players, though. He may be worth a gamble due to his pedigree, but he may well not even be on the club's radar.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 Jun 2015 16:40

tidus_mi2

You say you've no idea who he is and haven't googled him yet you know he's only got 2 caps for Japan :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Jun 2015 17:14

TBM
tidus_mi2

You say you've no idea who he is and haven't googled him yet you know he's only got 2 caps for Japan :lol:

Yeah I sort of googled as I was typing it and didn't go back and correct myself! Let's say that comment was true for the first half of my post.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Jun 2015 22:02

MoorgateRoyal He's still relatively young, and would've sold a few shirts for Arsenal.

Corrected for you.

MoorgateRoyal Could be a 'project' for Clarke.

Clarke has his work cut out keeping our shower of shit out of league one, he really does not need any more projects.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2015 23:04

But just imagine the interest from Japan....

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 11 Jun 2015 08:52

All fair points. It's probably a non-starter anyway, but sometimes I think giving these kinds of players a second chance can work out. As previously stated, we may have a pretty tough season next year so will probably want to sign players we know will do a job, and take few gambles.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Jun 2015 11:02

Sutekh But just imagine the interest from Japan....

Long way to come for a game of Championship football though.
It's more interest from the folks in Berkshire we could do with, when you see all the empty seats at the Madstad.

Scampi12

by Scampi12 » 11 Jun 2015 12:15

Excuse my idiocy, but the acronym WCBAP means? I see it pop up a lot, but can't compute my small brain to work it out.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Jun 2015 12:18

Scampi12 Excuse my idiocy, but the acronym WCBAP means? I see it pop up a lot, but can't compute my small brain to work it out.

Wages could be a problem

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2015 02:30

Wycombe Royal
Scampi12 Excuse my idiocy, but the acronym WCBAP means? I see it pop up a lot, but can't compute my small brain to work it out.

Wages could be a problem

Not to be confused with APCBW though.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Jun 2015 16:15

Signed for St Pauli

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1