46%
No
54%

Total votes: 155
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What is the point in HRK

by SCIAG » 18 Jun 2015 15:45

Robson-Kanu is a good third-choice winger for the Championship.

I feel £500k would be a good fee for him at this age. I quite like him, but £2.5m is ridiculous and I'd bite their hand off.

I don't think he's at all lazy, he just can't defend. Same result.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Jun 2015 15:53

melonhead I like HRK, and didn't think he was any worse than most of our players last year.
I also think he does put a shift in.

+1

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Jun 2015 16:52

melonhead I like HRK, and didn't think he was any worse than most of our players last year.

Back on the harder stuff brendy?

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 18 Jun 2015 20:14

For God's sake Melonhead don't be so irresponsible. This is the kind of crazy talk that gets people killed. This may be a safe environment, but sh*t like this isn't funny, not even here.

And put a funny emoticon at the end so the youngsters know you're trolling.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2015 23:57

SCIAG Robson-Kanu is a good third-choice winger for the Championship.

I feel £500k would be a good fee for him at this age. I quite like him, but £2.5m is ridiculous and I'd bite their hand off.

It's the bottling 50:50s and not chasing things down with any conviction that makes me think he's lazy. Well not lazy, just utterly uncommitted and coasting.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 19 Jun 2015 00:19

Ian Royal

It's the bottling 50:50s and not chasing things down with any conviction that makes me think he's lazy. Well not lazy, just utterly uncommitted and coasting.

It's fair to say he is prone to injury. The guy has missed out on years of football due to injury. (A large proportion of this in his teens).
Due to his frequent injuries, many of his games in the last few years have been on the back of spells out. He's probably only been 100% fit for a handful of games in the last few years.

If you're only 75% fit then it's irresponsible to be charging down the keeper. If you've just come back from injury then it's irresponsible to be challenging for 50/50s in the opposition half; the payoff is minimal, the risk is weeks out through a recurring injury.

He actually would not be a bad bet for a PL team. They've tens of millions to play with. If the transfer doesn't pay off, so what?
They've also got big enough squads that they could better manage his fitness, and reduce the likelihood of injuries.

A PL side looking at him knows that they might get 7 goals in a season in return. That in itself would be worth more than a few million pounds.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jun 2015 00:21

So basically, oxf*rd off Kanu, it's best for all involved.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jun 2015 07:12

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal

It's fair to say he is prone to injury. The guy has missed out on years of football due to injury. (A large proportion of this in his teens).
Due to his frequent injuries, many of his games in the last few years have been on the back of spells out. He's probably only been 100% fit for a handful of games in the last few years.

If you're only 75% fit then it's irresponsible to be charging down the keeper. If you've just come back from injury then it's irresponsible to be challenging for 50/50s in the opposition half; the payoff is minimal, the risk is weeks out through a recurring injury.

He actually would not be a bad bet for a PL team. They've tens of millions to play with. If the transfer doesn't pay off, so what?
They've also got big enough squads that they could better manage his fitness, and reduce the likelihood of injuries.

A PL side looking at him knows that they might get 7 goals in a season in return. That in itself would be worth more than a few million pounds.

:lol: Keep 'em coming!!

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 19 Jun 2015 08:10

If somebody paid money for Robson-Kanu it would be the greatest day of my life. I would celebrate the anniversary every year with an appropriate cake and song.

Scampi12

by Scampi12 » 19 Jun 2015 08:27

Colin Cheeselog If somebody paid money for Robson-Kanu it would be the greatest day of my life. I would celebrate the anniversary every year with an appropriate cake and song.

What type of cake?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 19 Jun 2015 08:38

Scampi12
Colin Cheeselog If somebody paid money for Robson-Kanu it would be the greatest day of my life. I would celebrate the anniversary every year with an appropriate cake and song.

What type of cake?

A lardy cake.

msmivie

by msmivie » 19 Jun 2015 09:16

I blame Vincent Tan, because if Cardiff hadn't changed back to their blue shirts, HRK could have signed for them and played all his home matches in Cardiff in his beloved red shirt.
Last edited by msmivie on 19 Jun 2015 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 19 Jun 2015 10:16

Scampi12

What type of cake?

Perhaps one that looks from the outside to have all the attributes of being a decent cake, costs me a lot of money to prepare, but ultimately consistently tastes very poor, as if no effort had gone into it whatsoever. Yet somehow, against all odds, this cake will gain a reputation above it's true value, and other cake lovers, and cake writers, will develop an interest in it, being fooled by it's presentation, having failed to do their cake research.

Ultimately however, others buyers of this cake will realise and rue their mistake, but not before the cake makers and their business associates have made a life changing amount of money.

That type of cake.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 19 Jun 2015 10:21

Colin Cheeselog
Scampi12

What type of cake?

Perhaps one that looks from the outside to have all the attributes of being a decent cake, costs me a lot of money to prepare, but ultimately consistently tastes very poor, as if no effort had gone into it whatsoever. Yet somehow, against all odds, this cake will gain a reputation above it's true value, and other cake lovers, and cake writers, will develop an interest in it, being fooled by it's presentation, having failed to do their cake research.

Ultimately however, others buyers of this cake will realise and rue their mistake, but not before the cake makers and their business associates have made a life changing amount of money.

That type of cake.

Quality :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 19 Jun 2015 10:23

Colin Cheeselog
Scampi12

What type of cake?

That type of cake.

:D potential post of the year that

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Jun 2015 12:21

Colin Cheeselog
Scampi12

What type of cake?

That type of cake.
and what song would be appropriate for this anniversary event?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jun 2015 15:39

Colin Cheeselog
Scampi12

What type of cake?

That type of cake.

A Cream Puff cake.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Jun 2015 15:40

A beefcake.

X

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jun 2015 15:43