No
54%

Total votes: 155
Scampi12

Re: What is the point in HRK

by Scampi12 » 19 Jun 2015 21:50

Colin Cheeselog
Scampi12
Colin Cheeselog If somebody paid money for Robson-Kanu it would be the greatest day of my life. I would celebrate the anniversary every year with an appropriate cake and song.

What type of cake?

Perhaps one that looks from the outside to have all the attributes of being a decent cake, costs me a lot of money to prepare, but ultimately consistently tastes very poor, as if no effort had gone into it whatsoever. Yet somehow, against all odds, this cake will gain a reputation above it's true value, and other cake lovers, and cake writers, will develop an interest in it, being fooled by it's presentation, having failed to do their cake research.

Ultimately however, others buyers of this cake will realise and rue their mistake, but not before the cake makers and their business associates have made a life changing amount of money.

That type of cake.

It is rumoured Brendan Rodgers thinks this cake has potential.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 19 Jun 2015 22:44

What type of cake?[/quote]

Perhaps one that looks from the outside to have all the attributes of being a decent cake, costs me a lot of money to prepare, but ultimately consistently tastes very poor, as if no effort had gone into it whatsoever. Yet somehow, against all odds, this cake will gain a reputation above it's true value, and other cake lovers, and cake writers, will develop an interest in it, being fooled by it's presentation, having failed to do their cake research.

Ultimately however, others buyers of this cake will realise and rue their mistake, but not before the cake makers and their business associates have made a life changing amount of money.

That type of cake.[/quote]and what song would be appropriate for this anniversary event?[/quote]

Fat bottom girls - Queen

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 20 Jun 2015 01:26

Forbury Lion
.....and what song would be appropriate for this anniversary event?

"Madejski's Park still looking for that spark
Too much young talent washed away
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that we can take it
Cause it took Shane Long to make it
And we'll never see the like of Sig again!
Oh noooooo, oh noooooo "

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Jun 2015 10:06

Scampi12 It is rumoured Brendan Rodgers thinks this cake has potential.

It's rumoured that Bodgers has potential

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Jun 2015 13:04

Don't know why but for some reason I'm feeling quite hungry.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jun 2015 13:07

Would happily see him leave for £1m+

I always supported him, but he lost my faith this season. He obviously has talent, but I think a move would do him good.

mbb

by mbb » 21 Jun 2015 08:56

LoyalRoyal22 Would happily see him leave for £1m+

I always supported him, but he lost my faith this season. He obviously has talent, but I think a move would do him good.

Pretty sure it would do the rest of us good as well!!

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 22 Jun 2015 12:46

LoyalRoyal22 Would happily see him leave for £1m+

I would happily see him leave for £1+, though he'll typically and irritatingly becoming amazing at the next club he goes to.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jun 2015 13:01

It's pretty clear, much to my delight, that no one here rates Robson-Kanu yet you do still see several shirts on a matchday with his name emblazoned on the back. Why?! It's unbelievable Jeff

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Jun 2015 13:25

simple. Because HNA? is a small microcosm of vvankers, and does not reflect the true feelings of the fans, HNA? is quite often wide of the mark on such issues...
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 22 Jun 2015 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2015 13:55

If we could sell HRK for 1-2 M with a guarantee that that money would be spent on new players then fair enough BUT if the Thais are simply going to pocket it - then we would be even weaker without him. So for all the HRK haters be careful what you wish for.

He is a good player on his day and did well in the PL season and so will we better off without him if he is not replaced?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jun 2015 13:56

John Smith It's pretty clear, much to my delight, that no one here rates Robson-Kanu yet you do still see several shirts on a matchday with his name emblazoned on the back. Why?! It's unbelievable Jeff
Family members?
Kids who asked the the no 9 shirt just before we sold Le Fondre?
Those looking for a bargain by getting as many free letters as they can by picking a player with two names?

On a serious note, Nothing would please me more than for HRK to remain at the club and put in MOTM performances every week. I will then come back to this thread and tell you I told you so (after first deleting/editing all my posts to the contrary of course!)

Sadly, I believe a new club/challenge may be best all round for the player and Reading FC, although the fact he has had a number of managers now at Reading FC and none have got the best out of him is a concern other clubs may share.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jun 2015 14:34

Chris Coleman supposedly gets the best out him so what's the difference? Better players around him. Which suggests it's purely down to his ego.

Poster above has a very valid point that keeping him would be better than selling and not replacing, but surely they won't pocket the money? It's not the Oyston's we're talking about, I think they do have some concern for the team or do you disagree?

As much as I share the wide opinion that he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, he put in a great display in the Bradford replay which reaffirms my first point about the ego - quarter final on TV in front of a big audience.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2015 15:08

John Smith Chris Coleman supposedly gets the best out him so what's the difference? Better players around him. Which suggests it's purely down to his ego.

Poster above has a very valid point that keeping him would be better than selling and not replacing, but surely they won't pocket the money? It's not the Oyston's we're talking about, I think they do have some concern for the team or do you disagree?

As much as I share the wide opinion that he's about as useful as a chocolate teapot, he put in a great display in the Bradford replay which reaffirms my first point about the ego - quarter final on TV in front of a big audience.

Until the Thais start spending money I see nothing to suggest that a/ they intend to or b/ that they have any.

If they sign 5-6 experienced players in the next few weeks then happy days - if I expect us to struggle big time. And so reading between the lines (comments re threadbare squad) does Clarke.
Last edited by andrew1957 on 22 Jun 2015 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jun 2015 15:10

I'd also like to be proven wrong.

He's clearly got talent.
He's also mentally weak if he can't motivate himself.

He'll go somewhere else and no doubt do well, probably become a Premier League player. Seems too comfortable here to push himself towards that week in/week out. A move elsewhere would benefit us for not playing in effect with ten men, plus the monetary side and it'll do him well where he'll probably kick on and be able to fulfil his potential.

Until what stage of their career can a player be called a 'potential'?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Jun 2015 15:38

andrew1957 If we could sell HRK for 1-2 M with a guarantee that that money would be spent on new players then fair enough BUT if the Thais are simply going to pocket it - then we would be even weaker without him. So for all the HRK haters be careful what you wish for.

He is a good player on his day and did well in the PL season and so will we better off without him if he is not replaced?

And this is the warped logic of some supporters :|

Because they think (and there's absolutely fcuk all evidence to suggest this is the case :| ) that the owners would not spend any proceeds from player sales on strengthening the squad, we should hang on to one of our highest earners despite him having been a waste of time, money and space for most of the last 2 seasons.

Give me the tightest Thai on the planet to run this club over some of our fans :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2015 15:58

andrew1957 If we could sell HRK for 1-2 M with a guarantee that that money would be spent on new players then fair enough BUT if the Thais are simply going to pocket it - then we would be even weaker without him. So for all the HRK haters be careful what you wish for.

HRK or Blackman? Not a lot of difference really. Both love to disappoint. Fosu as backup.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2015 17:33

Woodcote Royal

Because they think (and there's absolutely fcuk all evidence to suggest this is the case :| ) that the owners would not spend any proceeds from player sales on strengthening the squad, we should hang on to one of our highest earners despite him having been a waste of time, money and space for most of the last 2 seasons.

Give me the tightest Thai on the planet to run this club over some of our fans :roll:

There is also so far NO evidence to suggest that they will spend any money either.

I could equally say that I do not understand the warped logic of some of our supporters that get so fixated with negativity towards one player or another that they want that player to go irrespective of whether they are replaced or not. Who will your next victim be once HRK has gone. No doubt Blackman and then Gunter (or whoever). In the end will the last one left just switch the lights off....

You are odd!

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 22 Jun 2015 20:54

andrew1957
Woodcote Royal

There is also so far NO evidence to suggest that they will spend any money either.

I could equally say that I do not understand the warped logic of some of our supporters that get so fixated with negativity towards one player or another that they want that player to go irrespective of whether they are replaced or not. Who will your next victim be once HRK has gone. No doubt Blackman and then Gunter (or whoever). In the end will the last one left just switch the lights off....

You are odd!

This is not odd at all, it's the nature of building a squad. We can't hang onto expensive non-performers like this just because we're terrified the owners won't spend - it's a self-fulfilling prophecy as his wage bill will ensure we can't spend. We need to weed out the poorest players, those who are not delivering or are too expensive, and look to replace them with better, or more effective players. And yes, that does mean that Blackman or Gunter or Kelly may be the next "victim". These are footballers, not your kids. We don't need to nurture every precious little one of them. If they're not fit for purpose, feck 'em. Throw them out like used paper towel and get another one. We pay them a fortune to be exceptional. If they're not exceptional they can find somewhere else to underperform or earn a proper living like the rest of us.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jun 2015 20:57

andrew1957
Woodcote Royal

You mean other than the signings they funded last year?

881 posts