Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Roundup

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 Sep 2015 20:53

I'm happy and that's a first !

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 01 Sep 2015 20:59

Lacoste
We have played 5 games this season, I have flown home for two of them. Mote than you would do you clueless, rumblestick waving bastard.

No you haven't.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Summer Rebuild

by blythspartan » 01 Sep 2015 21:01

WOW.....

What an amazing transfer window. I hope it proves to be as successful as the 2005/2006 season.

Lots of options for the long Championship season and we have to trust that SC can keep everyone happy and get the best from this squad.

Can't believe that some on here are still moaning. I just don't think that you can have too much quality.

I remember going to Forest last season with a young team and very few options on the bench. We got murdered on the day and I seriously thought league 2 here we come.

Sensible business by the club to make a genuine promotion push without breaking the bank.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2015 21:02

Angry Shed Sex Vydra clearly wants prem football. In the event of Reading attaining premiership football and Vydra playing a significant part in this surely we'll be in the box seat to sign him?

Option is rumoured to be £10 million.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Sep 2015 21:04

Angry Shed Sex Vydra clearly wants prem football. In the event of Reading attaining premiership football and Vydra playing a significant part in this surely we'll be in the box seat to sign him?

If we don't we are minimising our exposure to a player with high wage demands.

I really can't see a downside to this.

You can't see a downside to spunking £2.5M on a loan fee for a single season coupled with £1M wages for a single player when we didn't have enouigh money to keep Federici, Pearce and Karacan????

Planet.Are,You.On.What?

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 01 Sep 2015 21:06

RoyallyFcuked
Royal Ginger Relying very heavily on youngster Keown if Gunter crocks it.

SCIAG We're also weaker at right back (Kelly's gone and we never replaced Cummings) and a lot of these signings could go either way, but there's reason for optimism for sure.

Fair point on the right backs, thats the only position we haven't signed anyone for.

Yes Heaven forbid we have to face the prospect of playing an Academy player under the age of 23 as occasional back up. Fold the club!

In any case 18-21 year olds should be doing National Service learning proper discipline, not fannying about playing 1st team football.

Especially that Kuhl fellow who needs a proper "short back and sides"

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2015 21:12

Mr Cinema
Winston Smith Can someone list the players we brought in this summer please?

Foreigner
Foreigner
Paddy
Paddy
Foreigner
Foreigner
Foreigner
Foreigner
Foreigner
Foreigner
Foreigner
Bond

Interesting connection between many of the "foreigners". The signings may not be as daft as they seem.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 21:13

Clarke said before the paizon john and vydra deals we had spent less than 2 mill. With the sale of Hector for 4 mill and getting pog and the others off the wage bill we have probably spent circa 1 to 2 mill (if that) in total AND probably have a smaller total wage bill. To do this and have a much stronger creative squad is nothing short of miraculous.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Sep 2015 21:13

Mr Cinema
Lacoste Well, give Clarke his dues he delivered on his promise. We have signed two new strikers, two central midfield players, three wide midfield/attackers a fullback, centre back and two goal keepers. He and the Thais have delivered on their promise.

Clarke went about his business professionally and methodically and whilst I still don't think he's necessarily the right man for the job, he was impressing me off the field even though the results on the field have been poor since his arrival.

This was until today.

Today he has spent a relative fortune on a player that we will only see for one season. Believe it or not, I'm overjoyed that we have signed Vydra however the manner in which he has come in leaves a hugely sour taste in my mouth.

Many of you are correct, if he fires us to promotion then what the hell, the money is small fry but for that to happen we need to be one of the best three teams in this division. Can anyone here really see that happening?

Many of you also say that this is just modern football and that we'd be whinging if we didn't get a new striker and that the club can't win. This is all valid however surely a clever manager wouldn't have spent the whole summer chasing a player, who in all reality, was going to sign for a far bigger Club than us.

Sure, we have signed a great forward at this level but he isn't ours, this isn't building and unless a miracle happens this isn't a step forward

I would have much preferred us to have done some proper management and scouting and found one or maybe even two players from somewhere for the same cost even if it was from the lower leagues that would take time to adapt, someone we can call ours and start building a great team full of heart, spirit and a team we can call our own, not a team full of loan signings who frankly, probably won't give a fcuk.

That moves me on to this character John. Wtf is this all about. Another heartless loan and you've all seen what the Lisbon fans think of him. It all sounds too familiar.Is this guy seriously going to have the bottle and the spirit to battle it out with the championships hardened pros on a cold winters evening when the chips are down? maybe, maybe not. I highly doubt it though. At least it's only a loan and we can send him back.

We have 6 loan players now, 6. This isn't RFC and this isn't a club evolving, this is poor foresight by Clarke and maybe, just maybe a lack of scouting ability. We will never get to know this team because they'll all be gone at the end of the season. Build slowly and cleverly, that's how we've always had success.

Like I say, apart from Al-habsi, John and Vydra I'm really happy with the way Clarke has gone about this summer however today just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

He has put his nuts on the block, I just hope it works out for him.

Before today 9/10

After today 6/10

Lacoste : Before today A neat and tidy borderline racist 5/10

Lacoste: After today. A dismal failing Try Hard Troll 2/10

And yet another attention seeking twat :|

Frankly, any Reading fan who isn't happy tonight needs to consider their position.

I'm seriously tempted to place some bets on our season but will probably, as usual, do SFA about it :P

Just having my own window on this campaign watching the best assembled squad in our history for a mere £400 feels like a decent win on the lottery.

Fantastic business by all involved and I'll be amazed if the next home gate is under 20k

Wow!!! Just effing wow....................bring it on!!!
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 01 Sep 2015 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 01 Sep 2015 21:13

blythspartan WOW.....

What an amazing transfer window. I hope it proves to be as successful as the 2005/2006 season.

It won't

blythspartan options for the long Championship season and we have to trust that SC can keep everyone happy and get the best from this squad.

He won't

blythspartan Can't believe that some on here are still moaning. I just don't think that you can have too much quality.

You can only pick 11, our best seasons have been built on smaller tight knit squads

blythspartan remember going to Forest last season with a young team and very few options on the bench. We got murdered on the day and I seriously thought league 2 here we come.

So basically you were completely wrong.

blythspartan business by the club to make a genuine promotion push without breaking the bank.

Great post.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2015 21:17

strap

You can't see a downside to spunking £2.5M on a loan fee for a single season coupled with £1M wages for a single player when we didn't have enouigh money to keep Federici, Pearce and Karacan????

Planet.Are,You.On.What?

Earth, try joining us.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 21:19

My main concern is will these new players gel as a squad. So far this season the team has been playing as a team and hence for each other but apart from Sa, Quin and McShane of the new boys, none of the other newcomers have yet played together although Quin and McShane have played together before.

The problem with a lot of new players, no matter how good they are, is they can't work for each other, see the likes of Derby or QPR for example. For a team to do well the players have to play for each other, can this new intake manage that I wonder.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 21:19

Lacoste Well, give Clarke his dues he delivered on his promise. We have signed two new strikers, two central midfield players, three wide midfield/attackers a fullback, centre back and two goal keepers. He and the Thais have delivered on their promise.

Clarke went about his business professionally and methodically and whilst I still don't think he's necessarily the right man for the job, he was impressing me off the field even though the results on the field have been poor since his arrival.

This was until today.

Today he has spent a relative fortune on a player that we will only see for one season. Believe it or not, I'm overjoyed that we have signed Vydra however the manner in which he has come in leaves a hugely sour taste in my mouth.

Many of you are correct, if he fires us to promotion then what the hell, the money is small fry but for that to happen we need to be one of the best three teams in this division. Can anyone here really see that happening?

Many of you also say that this is just modern football and that we'd be whinging if we didn't get a new striker and that the club can't win. This is all valid however surely a clever manager wouldn't have spent the whole summer chasing a player, who in all reality, was going to sign for a far bigger Club than us.

Sure, we have signed a great forward at this level but he isn't ours, this isn't building and unless a miracle happens this isn't a step forward

I would have much preferred us to have done some proper management and scouting and found one or maybe even two players from somewhere for the same cost even if it was from the lower leagues that would take time to adapt, someone we can call ours and start building a great team full of heart, spirit and a team we can call our own, not a team full of loan signings who frankly, probably won't give a fcuk.

That moves me on to this character John. Wtf is this all about. Another heartless loan and you've all seen what the Lisbon fans think of him. It all sounds too familiar.Is this guy seriously going to have the bottle and the spirit to battle it out with the championships hardened pros on a cold winters evening when the chips are down? maybe, maybe not. I highly doubt it though. At least it's only a loan and we can send him back.

We have 6 loan players now, 6. This isn't RFC and this isn't a club evolving, this is poor foresight by Clarke and maybe, just maybe a lack of scouting ability. We will never get to know this team because they'll all be gone at the end of the season. Build slowly and cleverly, that's how we've always had success.

Like I say, apart from Al-habsi, John and Vydra I'm really happy with the way Clarke has gone about this summer however today just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

He has put his nuts on the block, I just hope it works out for him.

Before today 9/10

After today 6/10

Have to say I agree with most of what lacoste says here

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 01 Sep 2015 21:29

RoyallyFcuked We have brought in -(Just first teamers in this list)

Orlando Sa - 1M - improvement.
Paolo Hurtado - Signed for unknown fee- unknown but played for Peru on Copa
Jonathan Bond - Signed for; not as slick as 007 but should improve.
Ali Al-Habsi - signed no fee; butter on fingers so it's a step back.
Alex Fernandez - season long loan with signing option; unknown at this level but good pedigree. A punt.
Paul McShane - free; definite improvement.
Stephen Quinn - free; adds to the quality and allows the youngsters to go out on loan.
Andrew Taylor - Solid and finally a LB back-up.
Lucas Piazon - season long loan; unknown at this level but very good pedigree.
Matej Vydra - season long loan plus 2.5m and option to sign. Proven goal scorer at this level.
Ola John - season long loan. Unknown at this level.
Hector - sold for 4M plus season long loan. Hello again Hec!

Anyone saying our business this summer has been bad (including the Vydra deal) is clueless. Don't care what anyone says, we are now stronger in EVERY position except probably goalkeepers but we now have strength in depth in every position.

This is a squad that is easily capable of finishing in the top 6 at least and I'm guna stick my neck out and say we will be promoted this season.

Lots of loanees but they offer either potential improvements over what we have or increased competition or both. While a 2.5M loan fee with signing option is unreal, I'd much rather do that on a proven goal scorer than have spent the same on Fae.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 01 Sep 2015 21:31

toppy [check name / spelling / former managers. Checking any of those will help you understand their point

windermere_royal You make yourself look even more stupid with every post. how can we take anyone seriously that can`t even spell the name of former our manager correctly?

From Despair To Where? He's not very good with names. It's a basic error and I'd expect Semtex to be a bit more sheepish in his response.

:lol: :lol: thanks guys......

[fishing.gif]

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 01 Sep 2015 21:32

CholseyRoyal My main concern is will these new players gel as a squad. So far this season the team has been playing as a team and hence for each other but apart from Sa, Quin and McShane of the new boys, none of the other newcomers have yet played together although Quin and McShane have played together before.

The problem with a lot of new players, no matter how good they are, is they can't work for each other, see the likes of Derby or QPR for example. For a team to do well the players have to play for each other, can this new intake manage that I wonder.

You know Mr Cholsey Royal I've just been to see the latest Marvel Comics film at what substitutes for a cinema these days, and I can't help thinking they were a Superhero short.

Any ideas who that might be Captain Obvious?

Mr Cinema

by Mr Cinema » 01 Sep 2015 21:37

strap

Planet.Are,You.On.What?

Wow dude, don't wish to blow your mind but maybe, just maybe we didn't really want to keep them.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 21:40

Mr Cinema
CholseyRoyal My main concern is will these new players gel as a squad. So far this season the team has been playing as a team and hence for each other but apart from Sa, Quin and McShane of the new boys, none of the other newcomers have yet played together although Quin and McShane have played together before.

You know Mr Cholsey Royal I've just been to see the latest Marvel Comics film at what substitutes for a cinema these days, and I can't help thinking they were a Superhero short.

Any ideas who that might be Captain Obvious?

I like the cut of your jib, a pcunt of the highest order, you will fit in well here

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 01 Sep 2015 21:41

Lacoste I'm overjoyed that we have signed Vydra however the manner in which he has come leaves a hugely sour taste in my mouth.

HA HA GAY

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 01 Sep 2015 21:43

Ouroboros
Lacoste I'm overjoyed that we have signed Vydra however the manner in which he has come leaves a hugely sour taste in my mouth.

HA HA GAY

Oh fcuk :lol:

1897 posts