QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

151 posts
taipairoyal

Re: QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

by taipairoyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:20

Harpers So Solid Crew Last week I considered returning to watch football, then it occurred to me that it will cost 25 kwid, to watch a group of players who barely care.
Managed by a manager who wants to leave.

On a Thursday night thanks to television oxf*rd.

So realising that these are the reason I stopped going I yet again stayed at home.

And looking at the home attendance of about 15k so did many others.

Bradford are better supported than us, why because they put the fans first. Something RFC have forgotten how to do since about 2007

Agree, good post.

royalsmudge

by royalsmudge » 03 Dec 2015 23:23

Royalcop
royalsmudge but we're stuck with him

Says who? It's only the cost of his termination which would be any impediment to ditching him.

He's definitely not going to walk.

I'm not sure the owners want to piss away money on sacking him unless we were to lose 4-5 on the bounce, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility in fairness

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 03 Dec 2015 23:29

Sack him now and he most likely walks into the Fulham job with a wedge in his back pocket and a smile on his face. We won't see the back of Clarke until someone else is in place at Fulham or we have a decent replacement lined up at least...no time soon then !

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 03 Dec 2015 23:33

Watched on tv.

That really was very dull wasn't it.

Nobody was utterly terrible (GK error aside) but nobody was terribly good either.

Haven't been to the Madejski in a while, certainly not tempted to make an early return on the evidence seen today...

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 03 Dec 2015 23:33

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rushed back from work in London and made kick off by 5 mins. Why did I bother. Shame the Royals didn't bother turning up. Awful game, at best two mid table sides.

Until 2 seasons ago, I used to go to almost every home game and had season ticket since the Madstad opened. I havent been to that many games this season

Everton
Charlton
Middleborough
Brighton
QPR

We played pretty well in the above game but today was back to last seasons garbage. Clarke should have taken the Fulham job, he's done nothing here and I'd say he has been worse than Adkins.

I decided at lunchtime to go today as I bought a 4 pack ticket. Used two (Charlton and Boro) and now QPR. You mean, Ive now got to ensure another game!! At lunchtime I did enquire if I can buy another 4 pack of tickets after these have run out........I wont bother!

Noone likes losing - Arsenal FA CUP semi was a great game and the Royals were brilliant that day. Tonight, we played ok in bits, pretty well sometimes but in the last 3rd we were awful. QPR we were a lot worse though, how they won is anybodys guess
Last edited by royalsteve on 03 Dec 2015 23:37, edited 2 times in total.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2015 23:34

frimmers3 Perhaps not my arena to comment, but that Hector? is rubbish.

That was one of his better games ...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2015 23:38

Where was Piazon tonight, btw?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:38

genome Where was Piazon tonight, btw?

Don't know but felt he was just as effective as usual.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2015 23:39

MmmMonsterMunch Just when you think this shambles of a club can't get any worse, it somehow manages to do just that.

Madejski what have you fcuking done? Single handedly dismantled everything you helped create in a couple of years. It's all really rather sad & I shan't be renewing. :cry:

How can you get it so right & then get it so very badly wrong? Can't see this club ever having the feel good factor again.

The last time I genuinely enjoyed watching us at home was Jan 2013 when we beat WBA & got that point against Chelsea. 3 fcuking painful years since then. Had my fill of it now.

Against a certain Steve Clarke - he was utterly speechless afterwards and looked a broken man

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2015 23:39

Interesting* comments from Vydra's teammate here

Troy Deeney ‏@T_Deeney
This reading game is so frustrating why are they not using vyrda's pace simple ball and he's in on 4 occasions so far

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:43

genome Interesting* comments from Vydra's teammate here

Troy Deeney ‏@T_Deeney
This reading game is so frustrating why are they not using vyrda's pace simple ball and he's in on 4 occasions so far

The only interesting thing is that someone as mentally limited as Troy Deeney has managed to almost formulate a sentence without any spelling mistakes.

He hasn't quite grasped the concept of capitalisation and punctuation but let's not be too harsh.

Fwiw he's right, for a large proportion of the game there were a fair few runs in behind their defence but none of the midfield were even looking. Lack of confidence, plain and simple.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 03 Dec 2015 23:44

Normally I don't take much notice of stats but this says it all

Reading shots on goal 0 yes ZERO!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34929370

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2015 23:47

royalsteve Normally I don't take much notice of stats but this says it all

What about Blackman's free kick that hit the bar?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Dec 2015 23:48

MmmMonsterMunch Just when you think this shambles of a club can't get any worse, it somehow manages to do just that.

Madejski what have you fcuking done? Single handedly dismantled everything you helped create in a couple of years. It's all really rather sad & I shan't be renewing. :cry:

How can you get it so right & then get it so very badly wrong? Can't see this club ever having the feel good factor again.

The last time I genuinely enjoyed watching us at home was Jan 2013 when we beat WBA & got that point against Chelsea. 3 fcuking painful years since then. Had my fill of it now.

Oh FFS get a grip you massive Lord.

Yes we've been shit for too long - 3 years, but this club's been going for 144 years and we've owners actually investing in the club. We just need a manager that can a) spend the money wisely b) get the best out of the players c) actually want to be here.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:53

RG7Fan

Correct term is shots on target. Clearly Blackman was not on target. HTH.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2015 23:54

leon

Yes we've been shit for too long - 3 years, but this club's been going for 144 years and we've owners actually investing in the club. We just need a manager that can a) spend the money wisely b) get the best out of the players c) actually want to be here.

Absolutely and echo the first sentence .....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2015 23:59

RG7Fan

Not on target, otherwise it'd have gone in or been saved.

On Vydra, I think he needs Sa. Someone to play off, either in a two or three. Blackman hangs too far right and is also best playing off someone.

Either play McCleary and John as wingers with Sa and Blackman / Vydra,or play Sa and Blackman with HRK / Vydra as wide forwards and three midfielders.

Clarke almost got tge team right today. Nice to see Fernandez prove he should have been playing for the last month. Damage done now though.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Dec 2015 00:00

leon

Are you a STH at the moment out of interest? Given that the stadium was half empty tonight & attendances are generally nosediving, I'd suggest there are quite a few fans feeling the same. I personally know a shed load of long time STH's that just don't turn up any more. Changing the manager will solve part of the problem but not all of it.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 00:26

Ian Royal
RG7Fan

Not on target, otherwise it'd have gone in or been saved.

On Vydra, I think he needs Sa. Someone to play off, either in a two or three. Blackman hangs too far right and is also best playing off someone.

Either play McCleary and John as wingers with Sa and Blackman / Vydra,or play Sa and Blackman with HRK / Vydra as wide forwards and three midfielders.

Clarke almost got tge team right today. Nice to see Fernandez prove he should have been playing for the last month. Damage done now though.

oxf*rd me - talk about having to be inch perfect!

And i said we'd lose if you were there ...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 00:39

If only your understanding of 'on target' was as good as your prediction.

151 posts