Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Welcome back Brian!

by wingnut » 17 Dec 2015 22:18

Longhorn1970 I love the heart warming optimism filling the room but we are talking about owners who know zilch about football ...

Well, they'd fit right in on this forum then.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Dec 2015 22:21

windermere_royal Running down a poster that doesn`t agree with this love-fest shocker

Nothing to do with his opinions - just the posting style is so fcuked up it's embarrassing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Dec 2015 22:27

Thou Voice
From Despair To Where?
windermere_royal Running down a poster that doesn`t agree with this love-fest shocker

Thou Voice is the voice of reason, Thou Voice of self regarding truths who's nowhere to be seen when the club are making real choices for real men.

Thou Voice's opinion is not based purely on the one post but facts and real facts that people like me cannot understand or see.

Fixed for you...

Do You See? :shock:

I think we all know what we're seeing, it looks like you've just come out on HobNob.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 17 Dec 2015 22:34, edited 2 times in total.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 17 Dec 2015 22:27

Bloody marvelous news, welcome home Brian.
sputz
x

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Welcome back Brian?

by Lower West » 17 Dec 2015 22:41

From Despair To Where? Impressed with Burton coming in as assistant as well. Good, solid coach and well respected within the game. I think he'll be the tactical brains behind Brian.

Having delved a little. Looks a solid appointment. Just the sort of solid backroom guy we need.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Dec 2015 22:43

Prediction: results improve and we finish in 5th place.

We play Derby in the semi final. A 0-0 home game and then we win 0-2 in the away leg.

In the final we play Brighton who dropped a few points ensuring that Hull and Boro win promotion.

We beat Brighton 3-1 and get promoted.

Brian leads the bus tour through town and drinks champagne straight from the bottle.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 17 Dec 2015 22:43

Brian will get the heart back into the team and that is all we need to push on.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Welcome back Brian?

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Dec 2015 22:47

Lower West
From Despair To Where? Impressed with Burton coming in as assistant as well. Good, solid coach and well respected within the game. I think he'll be the tactical brains behind Brian.

Having delved a little. Looks a solid appointment. Just the sort of solid backroom guy we need.

Favours a passing style of football by all accounts. Interesting he was given his break in first team coaching by our chief executive's uncle.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 17 Dec 2015 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Dec 2015 22:48

What the oxf*rd is all this "do you see" bollocks about?

If its a private joke thrn keep it private. If not, then share it ...

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 17 Dec 2015 22:54

loyalroyaldaz He's not the Messiah.............

He's just a very naughty boy......

Welcome back Maccy D, George Dawes..... shows there is some compassion in an age of ridiculous professionalism.

But the money is on the prize - not that *I* care for it much - and I only hope Baldy Coot can deliver.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Dec 2015 23:01

RG7Fan What the oxf*rd is all this "do you see" bollocks about?

If its a private joke thrn keep it private. If not, then share it ...

He's just a negative nonce that occasionally pops up with his pathetic persona, poo pooing positives or moaning about something or other.

Anyone imitating his shit sign off are merely mocking his twatty tediousness.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Dec 2015 23:03

Can`t help but laugh at all the posts on here expecting instant success. he`s not bloody superman. far from it.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Dec 2015 23:09

I am on the fence with this appointment but I will support the manager because I always do and he can clearly motivate and usually bring the best out of players.

However, I look at that goal we scored last night and it would have graced a much higher stage than the championship; free-kick in our own half started by centre halves comfortable on the ball and it being moved through midfield culminating with a couple of flicks and an excellent finish - I just hope we don't go back to Pearce/Gorks type centre halves who will just lump it up the pitch as it will not suit current personnel at all.

He was poor in the prem and "the only £2.5m to spend" he quoted which is often brought up on here is rubbish - Gunter, Mariappa, Carrico, Akpan, Blackman, right back from Fulham (cannot be bothered to look up name) all cost fees combined total around £8-9m - that by my reckoning is more than any manager at Reading has got through in a season...

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 17 Dec 2015 23:21

Absolutely delighted to see Brian back. The club needs stability and I'm confident he can provide it. If he could build something based on our style in the second half of 2008-10 then fantastic but either way I'd back him to be successful if given the right support.

I was probably in a minority in thinking Clarke might have been sacked a bit prematurely but I certainly feel closer to the club than I did a few weeks ago so overall I think the club have made a good decision. Really looking forward to the Blackburn game on Sunday now - am sure Brian will get a great reception.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Dec 2015 23:58

Mid Sussex Royal I am on the fence with this appointment but I will support the manager because I always do and he can clearly motivate and usually bring the best out of players.

However, I look at that goal we scored last night and it would have graced a much higher stage than the championship; free-kick in our own half started by centre halves comfortable on the ball and it being moved through midfield culminating with a couple of flicks and an excellent finish - I just hope we don't go back to Pearce/Gorks type centre halves who will just lump it up the pitch as it will not suit current personnel at all.

He was poor in the prem and "the only £2.5m to spend" he quoted which is often brought up on here is rubbish - Gunter, Mariappa, Carrico, Akpan, Blackman, right back from Fulham (cannot be bothered to look up name) all cost fees combined total around £8-9m - that by my reckoning is more than any manager at Reading has got through in a season...

This^^^

I really hope Brian will turn things around and performances and results improve. But there's a part of me which is concerned that our style will regress. This is a great squad and at its best the style of play is great to watch and a match for anyone. Not only that but it's good enough for the Prem IMO. I firmly believe we have played better with Tish or someone else in front of the back four. First half v Hull confirmed that. Will Brian play that way though?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 18 Dec 2015 00:22

Utterly meh. Sorry. Would love to be positive but I just remember the abject favouritism and continuous blind selection of underperforming favourites. Hope to be proved wrong.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 18 Dec 2015 00:41

Football supporters amaze me at times!

They expect players etc to have the same commitment and passion for their club as they do (How many of YOU are fully committed to your employer), boo players who do leave for better things (Which of you wouldn't leave your current employer for a higher-paying job elsewhere?) and deride the contribution made by ex-players/managers (Like Alan Pardew).

BUT... When they come across someone like B McD, who clearly loves their club as much as they do, some of these idiots start talking about retrograde steps and labelling the man a "failure". :roll:

I remember seeing an interview with Brian on MotD (Or something) just after he got the sack (Of which I, personally, never approved) and him saying that he would "never have a problem with Reading Football Club". That was the point when he moved from Great Man to Legend in el casa FK.

Welcome Back Brain!!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 18 Dec 2015 03:05

bcubed
Mid Sussex Royal I am on the fence with this appointment but I will support the manager because I always do and he can clearly motivate and usually bring the best out of players.

This^^^

I really hope Brian will turn things around and performances and results improve. But there's a part of me which is concerned that our style will regress. This is a great squad and at its best the style of play is great to watch and a match for anyone. Not only that but it's good enough for the Prem IMO. I firmly believe we have played better with Tish or someone else in front of the back four. First half v Hull confirmed that. Will Brian play that way though?

Ummmmmm, let me think. Has Brian ever used a player like Tish in front of the back 4? If memory serves me correct I do seem to recall...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Dec 2015 07:22

sputnik Bloody marvelous news, welcome home Brian.
sputz
x

Nice sig x

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Dec 2015 07:29

Question : Has any manager, returning to a league club for a second spell as manager, done better than they did on their first stint?

1226 posts