Did Bobby Convey live up to his Championship Manager rep?

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve55

Did Bobby Convey live up to his Championship Manager rep?

by steve55 » 17 Dec 2015 21:24

Hey All,

I had a few hours today so thought I would load up a game of Football Manager as you do. I'm not a fan of the latest version but I have a copy of Football Manager 2007.

So, I loaded up my game as Reading boss of course and it struck me how good Bobby Convey is in the game, has anyone else noticed this?

After playing I went to a popular gaming site and cam across a piece that stated Convey was better on the game than in real life, any truth to this?

Here's the article: http://buff.ly/1NVPN1u

Elm Park Old Boy

Re: Did Bobby Convey live up to his Championship Manager rep

by Elm Park Old Boy » 17 Dec 2015 21:32

You know these games are not real life, right?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Dec 2015 21:41

Fukk off. No one is interested in your shit articles that you pretend you "came across", when you fact you wrote a load of bollocks and are wasting your life by joining football forums and posing as this twat that finds these "articles" which no one cares about.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Dec 2015 22:08

CountryRoyal Fukk off. No one is interested in your shit articles that you pretend you "came across", when you fact you wrote a load of bollocks and are wasting your life by joining football forums and posing as this twat that finds these "articles" which no one cares about.

In the spirit of the above response, may I just add the traditional oxf*rd off newbie? Thank you.

Of course that was meant to the original poster, not the responder!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Dec 2015 22:54

In response to the original post, the stats for the 2007 game would be based on his performance in 2005-06 which we all know was above average for him.

Also in response to the original post, please stop posting this poorly written load of old shite. We all know you're a Narge City fan.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Dec 2015 01:35

No Reading fan would actually ask that question, or say that Convey was a "fringe player" in the PL. He was indispensable until he got injured just before we played Chelsea at home, and Stephen Hunt had to deputise...

Anyway, I spent a lot of time playing FM07 (it was my first year of university). Convey isn't especially good in it. If you want a Reading player overrated in CM/FM, look at Kevin Doyle in FM08 (deserved that rating after two great seasons but didn't recapture it often enough), and Mikkel Andersen in FM09 or FM10.

Most overrated players in CM/FM history? You've mentioned Cherno Samba. I would add Mark Kerr, Tonton Zola Moukoko, Lebohang Mokoena, and Sherman Cardenas.

There are two right answers those - Mascio and To Maderia. Neither actually existed.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 18 Dec 2015 08:34

Good player considering he is blind in one eye.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Dec 2015 10:15

Convey v Millwall - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi1woJ0KGbc
End of discussion

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Dec 2015 10:59

Personally I'm happy to read articles about our players from any angle but I do agree that making up silly stories about having a few hours to spare (championship manager takes days, not hours!) and pretending you didn't write something yourself is a bit weird.

Looking at previous posts by same user makes a bit weirder.

Why not just be honest and ask for Reading fans thoughts? Plenty of other people plug their article and then stand behind it and accept any criticism .

Bobby Convey was never a bit part player, as above he was first choice or injured.

I'm glad I watched that millwall goal again, so often a player will mess up the finish with so much time to think about it.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1