30%

Total votes: 121
One8Seven1*

Your General Feeling Towards The Club?

by One8Seven1* » 15 Jan 2016 12:07

- Positive?
- Negative?
- How long have you felt that way?
- And why you feel the way you do currently?
Last edited by One8Seven1* on 15 Jan 2016 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Your General Feeling Towards The Club?

by melonhead » 15 Jan 2016 12:10

positive

though the positivity has reduced since we were last really good.

Lenny The Tramp

by Lenny The Tramp » 15 Jan 2016 12:20

If we sign Watt, positive.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 15 Jan 2016 12:23

Negative:

We've got mega rich owners that have come in as our supposed saviours at the eleventh hour, yet it appears the debts are still there and only been moved? Perhaps someone who keeps a track of the accounts can shed more light on this?

We've returned to SJM’s Reading Way.

SJM still has too much influence at the club.

Not convinced going backwards and bringing a tactically limited manager was a good idea, but we wait and see.

The so called match day experience at home games is now a joke. No longer consider home games!

Can’t relate to the team any more. Just a load of ego’s and individuals. Gone are the days the team and fans felt like they were in it together.

General meh feeling about everything related to the club now, and has been steadily getting worse for 3-4 years.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 15 Jan 2016 12:24

Ambivalent. While I still go to games I struggle to care too much one way or another.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 15 Jan 2016 12:29

Since MaccyD's returned, feeling a lot more positive. He's reignited the feel good factor around the place and his man management skills are already evident, as the team rediscovers its 'identity'. There's been a real disconnect between the club and the fans during the last couple of years. Bri clearly has a genuine feeling for our football club and, for that fact alone, I'd love to stick a lovely great smacker on his shiny bonce.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Jan 2016 12:35

Positive.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 15 Jan 2016 12:42

The Cap Bri clearly has a genuine feeling for our football club and, for that fact alone, I'd love to stick a lovely great smacker on his shiny bonce.

Read as bone, yikes!

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 15 Jan 2016 12:49

The Cap Since MaccyD's returned, feeling a lot more positive. He's reignited the feel good factor around the place and his man management skills are already evident, as the team rediscovers its 'identity'. There's been a real disconnect between the club and the fans during the last couple of years. Bri clearly has a genuine feeling for our football club and, for that fact alone, I'd love to stick a lovely great smacker on his shiny bonce.

This, really.
We've just had over two years of managers thinking theyre better than the players, and just putting 11 men on the pitch and hoping for the best. Now the club has a bit more soul again, Im a lot more positive about the club. Dont really care where we finish this year providing we keep up the good vibes about the place.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jan 2016 12:58

I oxf*rd love this club.

donh99

by donh99 » 15 Jan 2016 13:34

The Cap Since MaccyD's returned, feeling a lot more positive. He's reignited the feel good factor around the place and his man management skills are already evident, as the team rediscovers its 'identity'. There's been a real disconnect between the club and the fans during the last couple of years. Bri clearly has a genuine feeling for our football club and, for that fact alone, I'd love to stick a lovely great smacker on his shiny bonce.

Says it all, glad Brian has returned.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jan 2016 14:07

Generally positive.

The Clarke era was a bit of a black mark for me. I enjoyed the cup run and the month or so when we looked like title contenders, but other than that we were dreadful and young players were sidelined. I also didn't like how the squad sprawled to such a ridiculous size.

I wish Adkins had been given more of a chance. I loved his philosophy.

McDermott is a legend though, so I'm happy to have him around. Hopefully he does better with young players than he did in his previous spell.

The Thais are a bit trigger happy but they're investing a lot of money in the club. I wouldn't mind if they were only keeping us solvent, but the extra investment has been really quite exciting.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 Jan 2016 14:11

SCIAG Generally positive.

The Clarke era was a bit of a black mark for me.

1 point off the play-offs when he was sacked.

Now 10 points off.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Jan 2016 14:14

Positive, if our fans weren't such a festival of belmontery I'd say extremely positive

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jan 2016 14:29

Coppelled_Streets We've got mega rich owners that have come in as our supposed saviours at the eleventh hour, yet it appears the debts are still there and only been moved? Perhaps someone who keeps a track of the accounts can shed more light on this?
Most businesses have debt, It's only a problem if you can't repay it - They can presumably make more money investing their personal wealth elsewhere than they can by loaning their personal monies to the club to repay debt, which would tie up their money and only result in interest being saved..... You can also offset interest payments against tax, so debt is usually cheaper than equity.

Coppelled_Streets We've returned to SJM’s Reading Way.
I see that as a positive, when you look at how things went when we operated Anton's way

Coppelled_Streets SJM still has too much influence at the club.
He's the media face of the club, like Bill Gates and Microsoft.... neither are as important to the business as they appear to be, Nigel Howe pulls the strings.

Coppelled_Streets Not convinced going backwards and bringing a tactically limited manager was a good idea, but we wait and see.
Whereas bringing in Nigel Adkins, Steve Clarke etc were....... If we're operating under the Reading way then a manager who has overachieved and won the Championship whilst operating under the Reading way at one of our worse times financially is a good call. The key is knowing when to part company and move on up.

Coppelled_Streets The so called match day experience at home games is now a joke. No longer consider home games!
I think you need to elaborate.... The atmosphere is not that different to the rublesticks / who wants pizza era / the STAR big grey dish cloth banner /DJ Megaparty eras and yes, we were all moaning about that at the time but it is also a far cry from the 2,000 attendances at the Mad Stad under the Tommy Burns era.........and didn't you bugger off and support Leeds United for a year or so anyway?

Coppelled_Streeets Can’t relate to the team any more. Just a load of ego’s and individuals. Gone are the days the team and fans felt like they were in it together.
You mean when we did things the Reading Way? To be fair, the manager acknowledges this and is trying to create that bond / unity amongst the players. Back in the old days we threw our Y Fronts at the players as we felt they were not trying hard enough.[/quote]

Coppelled_Streeets General meh feeling about everything related to the club now, and has been steadily getting worse for 3-4 years.
I went through a period like that myself, I got over it. Usually after a run of home wins.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2016 14:46

floyd__streete Positive.

lol

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2016 14:57

Pretty positive - not going great at the mo (though not terribly) but there seems to be some interesting things happening.

Seen a couple of letters to F365 this week where people aren't happy with the club - one mainly seemed to be because he couldn't stand up in the PL so stopped going.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Jan 2016 15:01

I think they're a bunch of shysters.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 15 Jan 2016 15:07

floyd__streete Positive.

:shock:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 15 Jan 2016 15:09

Positive.

I will always remember when I first started supporting the club, and how far we have come, so unless we drop back down to that level then I will always look positively on the club. :D

111 posts