COMING SOON : Walsall (h) - FA CUP 4th Round - 30 Jan 2016

171 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: COMING SOON : Walsall (h) - FA CUP 4th Round - 30 Jan 20

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2016 15:38

genome Don't really see the point in getting insecure about what some users on a forum thinks of your club tbh

Don't assume disbelief at their moronic hypocritism is synonymous with insecurity.

I'm very secure in Reading's current status as a football club, and our development over the years - which is why I find what they say to be most baffling.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2016 15:42

It was directed at the whole thread really, but if you were secure in RFC's status in the footballing world, why get wound up?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2016 15:50

genome It was directed at the whole thread really, but if you were secure in RFC's status in the footballing world, why get wound up?

So are you saying insecurity is the only reason for getting worked up about anything?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2016 16:02

If you want to generalise. To be honest, you're picking me up on one word, when I could've quite easily just said "getting annoyed" as I can't really see the point in getting worked up in general about it.

Unless... you have insecurities :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2016 16:15

Fair enough. It's pissed me off (Walsall fans) and I haven't made any attempt to hide it,Looking forward to Saturday :D

Actually pissed off is the wrong phrase, like I said earlier, I'm more in total bemusement. I've certainly not felt any tangible anger over this so we will go with bemusement.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Jan 2016 16:59

CountryRoyal It's not just the thread about us which they demonstrate the highest degree of helmetry. I know an Internet forum isn't necessarily and shouldn't be an accurate representation of the club and its supporters as a whole, but they come across as such unjustifiably arrogant, ignorant toss pots. Some of their comments about us are so hypocritical as surely Walsall has to be the very definition of non-entity? A pussy zit in the arsehole the West Midlands. Perhaps it's a classic case of small man syndrome? Ways of compensating for their mediocrity and insignificance growing up surrounded by football teams which people actually know exist.

I love the irony in everything they say, but particularly the "lack of original songs" - whilst there is a certain amount of truth in that we're no different to most clubs, and certainly WaLOLsaLOLLOL aren't in any place to comment on such things, as demonstrated by this wonderfully tragic video linked bellow.

http://youtu.be/7MRpXPcfNP8

2 minutes of, and I quote "the full repertoire of songs". Even ignoring the bellend brigade and the stupid fukking accent that is a laughably embarrassing effort, especially on your big day out.

This is a very good, and very well worded post. Well done. That video is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jan 2016 18:01

There is something fantastically mongy about the Midlands.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 26 Jan 2016 18:14

The Walsall fans I spoke to after the Play Off final in Cardiff were really genuine. No gloating - just very pleased for their club, and quite sympathetic about the way Reading lost out.

Walsall? I like them. I'm sure, once they know us, they'll like us too.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Jan 2016 18:21

saddla
tidus_mi2 Didn't even know where Walsall was until we drew them in the Cup and I googled it

Didn't your search come up with this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OPQbV_QBY

oxf*rd off newbie!

Its the traditional welcome - home or away fan.

saddla

by saddla » 26 Jan 2016 19:11

1096 tickets sold as of 11am this morning. We should bring around 1500. We hope our singing won't wake you up :P

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2016 20:00

Relevant or not, Walsalls' away game tonight at Fleetwood has been called off with all of the positive/negative implications that it brings

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2016 20:12

AthleticoSpizz Relevant or not, Walsalls' away game tonight at Fleetwood has been called off with all of the positive/negative implications that it brings

The 50 fans that would go to that have more money to spend at the madejski?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jan 2016 21:54

AstonVillaOverFlowFan* Reading are like Fulham. cack fairly upper class prawn sandwich supporters.

Might have been some nut jobs at Elm Park granted but the new ground and premier league football brought a wave of 'soccer' fans who love goal music and wearing full kits to games. If you ask championship clubs who the most sedated supporters are reading would be up there no doubt about it.

We will probably push 2,000 for this which ain't a bad effort

Interesting this one guys in depth knowledge of Reading, despite us not having played his beloved Walsall for a good 10 years.

Also in fairness, 2000 isn't a whole lot. We took 3000 odd to oxf*rd MK Dons. Although I'm sure their giddy joy at having momentarily escaped their Midlands hell hole might make it sound like more.

EDIT: In fact 1500 is only half the away stand isn't it?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 26 Jan 2016 23:03

saddla wrote:
1096 tickets sold as of 11am this morning. We should bring around 1500. We hope our singing won't wake you up :P

Well (one hole in the ground), was expecting a few more of the Warsaw to turn out. Given that it's only £10 a throw for their 'occasion'.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 27 Jan 2016 00:15

Jagermesiter1871
AstonVillaOverFlowFan* Reading are like Fulham. cack fairly upper class prawn sandwich supporters.

Might have been some nut jobs at Elm Park granted but the new ground and premier league football brought a wave of 'soccer' fans who love goal music and wearing full kits to games. If you ask championship clubs who the most sedated supporters are reading would be up there no doubt about it.

We will probably push 2,000 for this which ain't a bad effort

Interesting this one guys in depth knowledge of Reading, despite us not having played his beloved Walsall for a good 10 years.

Also in fairness, 2000 isn't a whole lot. We took 3000 odd to oxf*rd MK Dons. Although I'm sure their giddy joy at having momentarily escaped their Midlands hell hole might make it sound like more.

EDIT: In fact 1500 is only half the away stand isn't it?

It's not even half - if they wanted 4,300 tickets they could have had them. 1500 isn't enough to fill the usual allocation given for league games - I guess if you usually get 5k through the gate at home, an away following if that size will feel impressive.

Walsall are a funny little club, I view them in the same light as the likes of Tranmere, Leyton Orient, Bury, Port Vale, Rotherham and Brentford - the sort of provincial club that exists as an alternative option in areas where they're competing for fans with much bigger clubs, yet somehow continue to exist and even compete at times.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 27 Jan 2016 01:51

Lets hope rougier's backside doesn't make an appearance in this game!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 27 Jan 2016 09:22

John Smith
CountryRoyal It's not just the thread about us which they demonstrate the highest degree of helmetry. I know an Internet forum isn't necessarily and shouldn't be an accurate representation of the club and its supporters as a whole, but they come across as such unjustifiably arrogant, ignorant toss pots. Some of their comments about us are so hypocritical as surely Walsall has to be the very definition of non-entity? A pussy zit in the arsehole the West Midlands. Perhaps it's a classic case of small man syndrome? Ways of compensating for their mediocrity and insignificance growing up surrounded by football teams which people actually know exist.

I love the irony in everything they say, but particularly the "lack of original songs" - whilst there is a certain amount of truth in that we're no different to most clubs, and certainly WaLOLsaLOLLOL aren't in any place to comment on such things, as demonstrated by this wonderfully tragic video linked bellow.

http://youtu.be/7MRpXPcfNP8

2 minutes of, and I quote "the full repertoire of songs". Even ignoring the bellend brigade and the stupid fukking accent that is a laughably embarrassing effort, especially on your big day out.

This is a very good, and very well worded post. Well done. That video is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Are they singing 'Paedo, what's the score?'?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jan 2016 09:24

royalsteve Lets hope rougier's backside doesn't make an appearance in this game!

I've heard it will be doing the prematch announcements.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2016 10:16

This whole thing is a bit special isn't it? Yet another club thinks we're tinpot and some are getting upset about it again, it's usually the last insult teams use when they have nothing else bad to say about the club.

You may not like Walsall's confidence but they've knocked out fellow Championship sides currently doing better than us this season so it's not going to be a walk in the park but it is funny to see fans on both sides getting a bit wound up when we have like zero reason to hate the other, maybe we are more likely due to the Play-off defeat.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jan 2016 10:40

tidus_mi2 This whole thing is a bit special isn't it? Yet another club thinks we're tinpot and some are getting upset about it again, it's usually the last insult teams use when they have nothing else bad to say about the club.

You may not like Walsall's confidence but they've knocked out fellow Championship sides currently doing better than us this season so it's not going to be a walk in the park but it is funny to see fans on both sides getting a bit wound up when we have like zero reason to hate the other, maybe we are more likely due to the Play-off defeat.

This is all very fair.

In the great scheme the PO defeat didn't hurt us one bit.

171 posts