FA Cup 5th Round

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FA Cup 5th Round

by Top Flight » 10 Feb 2016 21:17

Exactly. They're Posh, but they're not Royal!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Feb 2016 21:19

Appearance by BMac in the stands.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2016 21:36

Successful jinx part 1 completed.

Blatantly Posh going to take this in extra time. :wink:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 10 Feb 2016 21:48

Certainly there should be nothing to be worrying about whichever team goes through, they both look beatable on this performance.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Feb 2016 22:07

Peterborough would anihilate us if they play like that.

Edit: that block off the line :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2016 22:28

Two long straight run ups and poor penalties lost it there. Relying on the keeper to go early and hoping to tuck it in an empty net. Foster held his nerve stood up to it and made them choose. They failed.

Happy with that. I'd be very worried about Taylor, Samuelsen, Forrester and Madison running at our defence and playing such tasty passes. One unfortunate clearance for Fletcher to smash in, not quite enough to pick the lock on West Brom's packed defence and lacking PL fitness levels.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 10 Feb 2016 22:28

Posh looked good, West Brom looked lacklustre. Posh would have been well up for it against us, but WBA have one eye on their PL place, so maybe a preferable draw. And our cup record against them is strong in the last decade.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Feb 2016 22:33

Would have preferred posh as they would see us as easy having beaten WBA. West Brom will take a lesson from tonight and will now be more than a much for us. Game on
Last edited by Oilroyal on 10 Feb 2016 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2016 22:33

Winchester Royal Posh looked good, West Brom looked lacklustre. Posh would have been well up for it against us, but WBA have one eye on their PL place, so maybe a preferable draw. And our cup record against them is strong in the last decade.

Hope the club have scouted Berahinho and found out what his favourite unhealthy food and drinks are. Or sedantry habits. Send him a nice care package to keep him a little rounded and off the pace.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Feb 2016 22:39

Samuelsen impressed me, thought he was class for an 18yr old. Doubtful West Ham would want to sell but I hope Brian made note

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Feb 2016 22:50

Oilroyal Samuelsen impressed me, thought he was class for an 18yr old. Doubtful West Ham would want to sell but I hope Brian made note

I'd be happy signing any one or maybe two from most of their XI. Bostwick looked quality, Fox handy too. Not so sure on their strikers.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 11 Feb 2016 03:35

Oilroyal Would have preferred posh as they would see us as easy having beaten WBA. West Brom will take a lesson from tonight and will now be more than a much for us. Game on

On the evidence of that match, WBA did not take a lesson from the draw at the Hawthorns. Posh were all over them for most of the first half. I certainly wouldn't fancy us facing Posh with Samuelson running at us!! So we have WBA again and I think it depends on how many of their injured players return to face us. We generally play better against better opposition so we have great chance. Then into the hat for another semi-final? I can dream!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Feb 2016 07:37

marlowuk
Oilroyal Would have preferred posh as they would see us as easy having beaten WBA. West Brom will take a lesson from tonight and will now be more than a much for us. Game on

On the evidence of that match, WBA did not take a lesson from the draw at the Hawthorns. Posh were all over them for most of the first half. I certainly wouldn't fancy us facing Posh with Samuelson running at us!! So we have WBA again and I think it depends on how many of their injured players return to face us. We generally play better against better opposition so we have great chance. Then into the hat for another semi-final? I can dream!!

QF before SF. Assuming we beat West Brom, which is far from certain

Wokingham via Waterloo

by Wokingham via Waterloo » 11 Feb 2016 08:22

Never been both so relieved and disappointed with one penalty shootout. Posh were excellent and if they can unearth a really sharp striker and keep most of those players together, they'll charge up the league on that showing. Very impressive and easy on the eye. Can't imagine West Brom's mindset will be much different in next round, and it doesn't look a happy camp.

Was most amused by the consistent shouts of "SAIDO!", "SAIDO!",.....................,"SAIDO!" from Pulis. Just a shame for Partridge fans that it wasn't Scott Dann.

Anyone else think Chris Forrester was a dead ringer for Mark E Smith of the Fall?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Feb 2016 09:35

I liked the look of Samuelson. Always running at people and looking for an option. Reminded me of a young Gylfi. We miss players like that.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 11 Feb 2016 09:43

I thought Samuelson was outstanding.

This is not hyperbole - what he lost reminded me of when the ball was at his feet was the sort of poise and elegance of Brazilian players of the great era - the 1982 team. Effortless. The ball stuck to his feet as he weaved his way around players. The sort of individual skills that raises football to an art.

He got tired towards the end, and hopefully his penalty miss will be a learning experience for him. With the right support as he develops he could be world class.

Overall the Posh were excellent and the Baggies were lethargic and fractured. But the few times when they could be bothered they looked dangerous.

This will be a very difficult tie for us, make no mistake.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Feb 2016 09:58

+1 for the admiration of Samuelson. I'd say he was a bit more Little'esque in the way he moved with the ball and could twist and turn his way into space.

He's certainly one we should be keeping an eye on.

Wokingham via Waterloo

by Wokingham via Waterloo » 11 Feb 2016 12:56

Samuelson had a bit of Glenn Hoddle about him I thought.

Baggie192

by Baggie192 » 14 Feb 2016 10:37

Ian Royal
Winchester Royal Posh looked good, West Brom looked lacklustre. Posh would have been well up for it against us, but WBA have one eye on their PL place, so maybe a preferable draw. And our cup record against them is strong in the last decade.

Hope the club have scouted Berahinho and found out what his favourite unhealthy food and drinks are. Or sedantry habits. Send him a nice care package to keep him a little rounded and off the pace.

just send him a Cannister of Laughing gas sorted