"Maybe in the summer, we'll see"

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

"Maybe in the summer, we'll see"

by floyd__streete » 12 Feb 2016 12:35

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... c-10876094

Danny Williams fancies getting away then.

For me he is one of the most overrated Reading players ever, although Marek Matejovsky wears the overall crown.

arthurfondrelli

Re: "Maybe in the summer, we'll see"

by arthurfondrelli » 12 Feb 2016 12:44

Don't you dare bad mouth King Marek

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2016 12:50

Good player. Would be able to get games in the PL. Just too many central midfield options at this club though at the moment to be irreplaceable.

TBH he'll be going, as will all the other players out of contract in the summer as the club shows no interest in talking to them and will no doubt offer paltry deals that would only be acceptable if no other clubs show a real interest. If they wanted them still here they'd have been talking by now.

Personally I'm not bothered in the slightest. The whole playing side mess needs to be properly rebuilt so the more scope there is to do that with players moving the better.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Feb 2016 12:52

arthurfondrelli Don't you dare bad mouth King Marek

Heh. No offence, like. Clearly a talented footballer, heart the size of a pea though. WRT Williams, I am not saying he's no good, he's clearly decent.....but I think he's just a tad overrated tbh.

And tbf Sutkeh has summed it up neatly above, well said.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Feb 2016 15:28

Sutekh Good player. Would be able to get games in the PL. Just too many central midfield options at this club though at the moment to be irreplaceable.

TBH he'll be going, as will all the other players out of contract in the summer.

Williams isn't out of contract in the summer

TBF that's one of those interviews that we get all the time nowadays where if you want to accuse Danny of trying to wangle a move you can but it's also easy enough to concentrate on the bits where he says he's happy here and is concentrating on doing his best for the team

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Feb 2016 16:35

wont be going to the Premier League, any more than any of our other players.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Feb 2016 16:41

He may join a lower prem club but like many who've left us to fill their boots with dosh he'll just languish on the bench getting splinters up his arse

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 12 Feb 2016 20:13

Keep him for our run at the Prem next season.

Ravel

by Ravel » 12 Feb 2016 21:30

I have that goal to play in the Premier League,” Williams told SBISoccer.com. “I’m sure that is everybody’s dream to play in the highest level in the world.

“In football, anything and everything is possible, but as for now, I have 18 more months (on my) contract so the only thing I can do is focus on my team, focus on my teammates and don’t let anyone down.

If it's in response to the question "Do you want to play in the Premier League?" then he's hardly going to say no. I would like to think that while he would take the chance (should it arise) to play at a higher level but is content at Reading.

Seems like a journalist making a story out of answer that they've walked the interviewee into.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Feb 2016 21:53

Silver Fox
TBF that's one of those interviews that we get all the time nowadays where if you want to accuse Danny of trying to wangle a move you can but it's also easy enough to concentrate on the bits where he says he's happy here and is concentrating on doing his best for the team

It's the classic modern footballer's interview. Cover all options but don't actually say anything. WIlliams doesn't have to agitate for a move anyway. With only one more season on his contract and his high wages, he knows full well the club will accept any half decent offer that comes along in the summer.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 12 Feb 2016 23:10

Gunny Fishcake wrote:
He may join a lower prem club but like many who've left us to fill their boots with dosh he'll just languish on the bench getting splinters up his arse

Amazing what that plastic can do these days, Gunny :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2016 11:33

I'd say Williams is just as underrated by some as he is overrated by others.

He has his flaws (wouldn't be with us otherwise) but brings s lot to the team. He has endless energy, drives us forward like few others and this season has added goals to his game.

Over runs the ball a bit too much, not the best in defensive positioning or tackling sure. But he's an asset we'll miss. Whilst of course not even remotely irreplaceable. No one is.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Feb 2016 12:59

Don't you dare besmirch the good name of Struggle Pig

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Feb 2016 23:16

"Definitely in the summer we'll see" all the loan players returning, HRK, Gunter and Ferdinand not signing new contracts, and Hammond extracting at least £3m from someone for Williams. And then lots of hard running journeymen arriving

trebornam

by trebornam » 14 Feb 2016 08:14

it makes you cry comparing our popcorn attack with the sight of gary hooper s lethal finishing for sheff.wed.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Feb 2016 13:41

3points "Definitely in the summer we'll see" all the loan players returning, HRK, Gunter and Ferdinand not signing new contracts, and Hammond extracting at least £3m from someone for Williams. And then lots of hard running journeymen arriving

It pains me to say that this is very true. (Exclude that feeling towards Anton Ferdinand though)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Feb 2016 13:43

Williams is probably fed up of hearing the PA guy at the Mad Stad like the rest of us!

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 15 Feb 2016 15:11

Decent player, but no good in a midfield 4. Runs around a lot but this is usually his downfall as he's always out of position leaving us light at the back. Can't pass or shoot.

Much rather Evans/Tish in the midfield to make us a much more solid unit. Saturday proved this was the case with Hector in there alongside Norwood.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Feb 2016 15:14

RoyalJames101 Decent player, but no good in a midfield 4. Runs around a lot but this is usually his downfall as he's always out of position leaving us light at the back. Can't pass or shoot.

Much rather Evans/Tish in the midfield to make us a much more solid unit. Saturday proved this was the case with Hector in there alongside Norwood.

Based on what?! His hour-long cameo vs League One opposition. You are mad

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 15 Feb 2016 15:16

John Smith
RoyalJames101 Decent player, but no good in a midfield 4. Runs around a lot but this is usually his downfall as he's always out of position leaving us light at the back. Can't pass or shoot.

Based on what?! His hour-long cameo vs League One opposition. You are mad

:?: