Back On the train- Charlton

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back On the train- Charlton

by stealthpapes » 28 Feb 2016 11:51

bobby1413 Was it my imagination or was there a large number of complete w4nkers in the away end?

Not sure if it's because

- we sold out away end
- it's £5 a ticket
- or I was sober

But there was a group behind me constantly giving the finger to the home fans - most of the time they were just sat quietly watching the game and not even looking. The group - all about 16 - also chanting "you couldn't score in a brothel" when it was 3-2.

My favourite charlton fan was the lad sat on his own dressed as eeyore.

That was fun - good old ground, utterly inept catering provision. My pie at HT looked like it came off the challenger shuttle.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Feb 2016 12:19

Platypuss
John Madejski's Wallet
Ian Royal Just seen the highlights. Could easily have been 7-7 based on that.
Al-Habsi seems the difference.

Not handball for the disallowed goal for me. Charlton should never have conceded the fourth. Woeful defending. That's why they're going down. Sanogo way too good for them (and us).

Where are the decent highlights to be found?

Skysports

Yep that could have been 7-7 on another day.

Good to see such attacking threat though

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 28 Feb 2016 12:22

bobby1413 Was it my imagination or was there a large number of complete w4nkers in the away end?

Not sure if it's because

- we sold out away end
- it's £5 a ticket
- or I was sober

But there was a group behind me constantly giving the finger to the home fans - most of the time they were just sat quietly watching the game and not even looking. The group - all about 16 - also chanting "you couldn't score in a brothel" when it was 3-2.

Feared the worst when prices were announced, it was obvious that there were going to be more than the normal idiots who follow Reading away, hell bent on getting pissed before and during the game then making absolute twats of themselves. Half time there was a long queue down the steps to the kiosk in the hope of buying an overpriced, flat beer to drink on a freezing cold terrace and some of the antics and behaviour were quite frankly embarrassing!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Feb 2016 12:23

I`m a bit puzzled how their fella got credited with the 2nd goal. header well saved by Al Habsi, looked to me like it went in off Cooper

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Feb 2016 13:20

Top photobombing Sir.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Feb 2016 13:58

Irvinchangeyaname Top photobombing Sir.

:lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Feb 2016 14:04

By all accounts there were plenty of drunken tw@ts at the game yesterday. A chap I know had to move because some kantish identical twins in their 20s standing behind him kept whacking him on the head and when he asked them to stop they blamed it on their m8. They kept doing it despite being told not to. Apparently they were a dribbling mess.

And plenty of Reading tw@ts on the train too. Why do people act up like this just because they're going to a football match?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 28 Feb 2016 14:10

Mr Optimist
Lower West Thought Quinn had a good game. Needs a partner that plays with the same level of energy, intensity and movement. In the current formation Norwood isn't that player.

Sounds like Guthrie deja vous

Very very harsh

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Feb 2016 14:22

No Fixed Abode By all accounts there were plenty of drunken tw@ts at the game yesterday. A chap I know had to move because some kantish identical twins in their 20s standing behind him kept whacking him on the head and when he asked them to stop they blamed it on their m8. They kept doing it despite being told not to. Apparently they were a dribbling mess.

And plenty of Reading tw@ts on the train too. Why do people act up like this just because they're going to a football match?

Pretty sh1tty behaviour.

The group behind me were in that walk through bit between the Lowerand upper. So standing at the barrier bit.

They commented on how "schmmassssheedddd" they were and spent the majority of the 2nd half chanting "you're farking shittttt" to the home fans. Even at 3-3.

On the tube at London Bridge a group of about 15 were walked to Tube by BTP. On the tube they were singing "let's go fcking mental" and jumping up and down causing the whole carriage to move. The driver couldn't move until they stopped.

I can see now why people are more attracted to Tuesday night away at Rotherham rather than a mass Saturday outing to a local club

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 28 Feb 2016 14:27

No Fixed Abode By all accounts there were plenty of drunken tw@ts at the game yesterday. A chap I know had to move because some kantish identical twins in their 20s standing behind him kept whacking him on the head and when he asked them to stop they blamed it on their m8. They kept doing it despite being told not to. Apparently they were a dribbling mess.

It's going back a few years but I noticed how different the away crowd was v Swindon & Oxford to other games. The last Swindon away I remember was in the League Cup in our 1st Prem season and a load of people turned up & were somehow let in with (it seemed) nowhere to sit. The group had to stand in front of other seated Reading fans and then didn't even watch the game, just the Swindon fans.

Maybe proximity means more idiots. Maybe proximity means less time traveling which to some means more time drinking which can mean more idiots.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Feb 2016 14:32

The follies of youth. We can be thankful that they stopped short of shoving people off the train due to the colour of their skin.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Feb 2016 14:36

Top banter m8

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Feb 2016 15:08

Mr Optimist
Lower West Thought Quinn had a good game. Needs a partner that plays with the same level of energy, intensity and movement. In the current formation Norwood isn't that player.

Sounds like Guthrie deja vous

We've Tish or Evans to play the DM role next season if that's the formation McD is working towards. Norwood isn't blessed with pace. Something which the last 2 games have exposed totally. Yesterday Gunter was simply left exposed too often.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 28 Feb 2016 15:24

Headed up to Charlton village for a few beers to avoid the aforementioned "lads" on the train but even a few pints of Guinness couldn't help analyse what I'd just seen. But then who cares ! I'd much rather watch a game like that than the Rotherham game. My only footballing thoughts are that 1) I'd have swapped Cooper and McShane over as neither could deal with the player they were marking and would have been better off matched up with the other striker and 2) Ola John needs to create / score more goals than he gives away to stay in the team. He won 2-1 on that front yesterday so keep him in for Saturday !

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Feb 2016 19:50

windermere_royal I`m a bit puzzled how their fella got credited with the 2nd goal. header well saved by Al Habsi, looked to me like it went in off Cooper

This. I was sure it was an own goal at the time and it's very close on the replay. He looked very sheepish afterwards.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Feb 2016 19:54

I din't think the crowd was too bad. Couple of idiots sure (i was behind and to the side of the three troglodytes with their hats on backwards that you always see, and the bloke banging the wall/888 sign could jog on) but generally i thought it was lively and well natured. Other than the guy in the grey hat who was giving as good as he got i didn't think there was any particular home team bating either. Good noise, mostly harmless fun, the stewards didn't see the need to get involved at all until the 4th went in.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 28 Feb 2016 20:58

Royal Ginger I din't think the crowd was too bad. Couple of idiots sure (i was behind and to the side of the three troglodytes with their hats on backwards that you always see, and the bloke banging the wall/888 sign could jog on) but generally i thought it was lively and well natured. Other than the guy in the grey hat who was giving as good as he got i didn't think there was any particular home team bating either. Good noise, mostly harmless fun, the stewards didn't see the need to get involved at all until the 4th went in.

This!

There's a big difference to getting trollied, causing offence and being a tw@t and getting trollied and having a good day out with your mates. I think as soon as some people see a football fan who's wearing certain things and had more than 2 pints they're automatically an idiot.

As long as no one is getting abused or offended then good luck to those who are being labelled tw@ts for having a drink and a sing, it certainly helps with the atmosphere

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Feb 2016 22:25

AthleticoSpizz Why have a pundit who was neither born ...nor brought up in Barkshyre?

Love Ady....but he does spought sh1t

Yeah but that's why we love him! Superb as compere (sp?) for the Ex Reading Players do's at the Tilehurst Legion BTW.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 29 Feb 2016 00:05

This is one of the major problems with seated stadiums. You can't move away from idiots.

I'm just glad they didn't have the internet and social media when I was in my early 20's. I was an idiot and did some pretty daft things.

Luckily I've calmed down into just a grumpy old man now!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Feb 2016 08:06

11 minutes of highlights on Player. Cooper looks like he had a bit of a 'mare. The whole team looked all over the place defensively though.

Some cracking finishing. Norwood looked to be playing quite high, i wonder if that was a problem... defensively he's been veey good this season.