MATCH THREAD: Huddersfield (A) sponsored by a Nakhi Wells goal

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCH THREAD: Huddersfield (A) sponsored by a Nakhi Wells goal

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Mar 2016 22:43

Need to stop talking about the game in hand, it's against Middlesbrough ffs, we'd be lucky to draw, especially with our away record.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Mar 2016 22:48

Ian Royal Anyone who expected better than nicking a draw out of this was deluded. Lots of changes, mediocre side struggling for form, FA Cup QF on Friday, Huddersfield have caused us endless trouble this season already, even if we've managed to romp 10 men in a comeback, sneak a draw and hit a comeback win.

Have to agree.

Can we just buy nakhi Wells already

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 08 Mar 2016 22:49

The most dissappointing thing for me is I have yet to see a team playing as well as we were for that month and a half earlier this year. It unravelled so quickly and we are a shadow of our former selves. This season was looking so good, but now look at us.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Mar 2016 23:03

Good to see the usual whiners out in force as soon as we lose. They'd STFU the last few games.

Why anyone thinks we should be winning every game we play when we've been piss poor for at least 3 seasons bar 6 weeks I don't know.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 08 Mar 2016 23:10

leon Good to see the usual whiners out in force as soon as we lose. They'd STFU the last few games.

Why anyone thinks we should be winning every game we play when we've been piss poor for at least 3 seasons bar 6 weeks I don't know.

Those 6 weeks raised expectations and showed what we can do and ultimately what could have been. Every game I go into it positively thinking this is the one that turns it all around and every time I leave feeling dissappointed. Even when we have won I have thought it has been through endeavour rather than a decent performance. Nevermind eh? Fingers crossed for Friday!

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 08 Mar 2016 23:31

Rax Oops - we lose against the Udders and the knives for MaccyD are out again....

No doubt they'll be put back in the drawer if we win on Friday!

Keep the faith people!

I think you will find that some of us are not fickle enough to change a view of "MaccyD" as you call him, based purely on a few results. I have stated from day one that it was the wrong decision to bring him back and I stick by that, win or lose. The bloke is and always has been a yes man who was appointed so that he can be easily manipulated by the owners. He has no backbone, no tactical awareness and thinks that a team achieves with love and unity without actually having any direction.

Rax

by Rax » 08 Mar 2016 23:38

Dixeyroyal
Rax Oops - we lose against the Udders and the knives for MaccyD are out again....

Keep the faith people!

I think you will find that some of us are not fickle enough to change a view of "MaccyD" as you call him, based purely on a few results. I have stated from day one that it was the wrong decision to bring him back and I stick by that, win or lose. The bloke is and always has been a yes man who was appointed so that he can be easily manipulated by the owners. He has no backbone, no tactical awareness and thinks that a team achieves with love and unity without actually having any direction.

I guess it must be really easy to get Reading promoted to the Premier League, 3 cup QF's and a play off final - not bad for a "yes" man - but, I will say, they are past glories and MaccyD (and yes, it's a term of endearment) needs to prove himself and yes I'll nail my colours to the mast - he will!

K9hassel

by K9hassel » 09 Mar 2016 00:41

Everybody has an opinion on Brian and too many , in my opinion overreact after every result. He has inherited a talented squad with too many loanees who will be gone soon giving him the abilty to hopefully build his squad. He sold Blackman who didn't want to be here, for good money for someone who hasn't scored since he left. We missed out/backed out/were overbid etc for Washington who is now at QPR,was on the bench tonight and also hasn't scored since joining. I think Clarke tried to be a version of Watford and loan his way to the Premiership and it unraveled sooner rather than later. If Brian is given the same money as Clarke in preseason a playoff berth is possible with a team featuring more team spirit and homegrown talent.An exciting summer awaits! All this to get into a league full of egos and the return of the plastic fans.A league where 40pts is the objective and a successful season means your best talent is poached or having their heads turned by agents. if they weren't footballers ,what do you think they would be? Mental heavy weights most are not and like the Native Indians who gave up Manhattan to the Dutch for a few trinkets they are attracted to anything shiny with bright lights and makes them feel good about themselves.Money has changed this game I love and its changing my club ,Reading FC. Maybe we can be the next Leicester City who in all reality are the next Reading Fc ,just add dedicated savvy investors who buy the fans beer!URRRRZZZZZ!!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Mar 2016 01:54

I said to someone at HT that Wells and Pato would score. "Guaranteed" I said. Fukk me right. :(

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2016 07:39

Dixeyroyal

Keep the faith people!

I can accept someone might make a comment about tactical awareness, especially if they could support it with examples.
To accuse a manager of lacking backbone and being a yes man seems strange and very difficult to justify. To think a club would deliberately chose their manager on the basis of incompetence and weal personal qualities is also odd.
Judge him on his football record, which to date is excellent. I agree that there is a way to go for him this time, but then he inherited a difficult situation.
The extreme negativity aimed at him from some people is odd and to say you'll stick with that even if he is successful tells me it's not a very logical position. Just disappointed you didn't get a 'big name, big salary, big ego' type ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Mar 2016 07:52

These throw away phrases make me laugh.

Exactly what is a yes man? If it means someone bowing down to orders, Christ we would never have a manager!

Not having a backbone? What the oxf*rd does that mean?

Tactically unaware etc? How many games has he changed already this season from the subs bench?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2016 08:00

leon Good to see the usual whiners out in force as soon as we lose. They'd STFU the last few games.

Winning every game? Winning even 50% would be a good start! :twisted:

Had they/we STFU over the last few games? Have the results/performances really been that good? A draw at Fulham with the first half performance being dire? Scraping a win against one of the worst teams in this league having done our best to throw the game away?

And why do we expect an improvement? Because of the talent in the squad and the fact that 'Brian The Messiah' has been back in charge for some time now. And don't anyone come out with the b*llocks that it's not his team. a) some of the players are his from last time around b) he has conducted dealings in the transfer market (about as impactful as the last January transfer window he had with us) c) a decent manager/coach should have been able to get a significant improvement in performances from this squad - that's what they are paid for.

paultheroyal These throw away phrases make me laugh.

Exactly what is a yes man? If it means someone bowing down to orders, Christ we would never have a manager!

Tactically unaware etc? How many games has he changed already this season from the subs bench?

Most of those changes were only necessary because of his dumb tactics at the outset. Still at least he learns - shame he doesn't retain the knowledge acquired for much more than a game.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 09 Mar 2016 08:29

RoyalBlue

Had they/we STFU over the last few games? Have the results/performances really been that good? A draw at Fulham with the first half performance being dire? Scraping a win against one of the worst teams in this league having done our best to throw the game away?

And why do we expect an improvement? Because of the talent in the squad and the fact that 'Brian The Messiah' has been back in charge for some time now. And don't anyone come out with the b*llocks that it's not his team. a) some of the players are his from last time around b) he has conducted dealings in the transfer market (about as impactful as the last January transfer window he had with us) c) a decent manager/coach should have been able to get a significant improvement in performances from this squad - that's what they are paid for.

Most of those changes were only necessary because of his dumb tactics at the outset. Still at least he learns - shame he doesn't retain the knowledge acquired for much more than a game.

:roll:
The thing that is worse than losing (our 3rd in 15 this calendar year, by the way - disaster!), is the way all the bedwetters reappear on the team board.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Mar 2016 08:30

RoyalBlue

You're right Mcdemott does know some of these players from before. Just see the improvement in Robson Kanu.

What was his net spend in the transfer window? You reckon you can radically turn a team around with that? Really?

Three managers now have been unable to motivate and get significant improvement from the team. Makes you think.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 09 Mar 2016 08:58

K9hassel wrote:
Everybody has an opinion on Brian and too many , in my opinion overreact after every result. He has inherited a talented squad with too many loanees who will be gone soon giving him the abilty to hopefully build his squad. He sold Blackman who didn't want to be here, for good money for someone who hasn't scored since he left. We missed out/backed out/were overbid etc for Washington who is now at QPR,was on the bench tonight and also hasn't scored since joining. I think Clarke tried to be a version of Watford and loan his way to the Premiership and it unraveled sooner rather than later. If Brian is given the same money as Clarke in preseason a playoff berth is possible with a team featuring more team spirit and homegrown talent.An exciting summer awaits! All this to get into a league full of egos and the return of the plastic fans.A league where 40pts is the objective and a successful season means your best talent is poached or having their heads turned by agents. if they weren't footballers ,what do you think they would be? Mental heavy weights most are not and like the Native Indians who gave up Manhattan to the Dutch for a few trinkets they are attracted to anything shiny with bright lights and makes them feel good about themselves.Money has changed this game I love and its changing my club ,Reading FC. Maybe we can be the next Leicester City who in all reality are the next Reading Fc ,just add dedicated savvy investors who buy the fans beer!URRRRZZZZZ!!!

I like the way you build up expectation and then deliver a healthy dose of Premiership reality. As well as the comparison between us and Leicester, followed by the reference to dedicated savvy investors buying the fans beer :lol: It's a funny ol' game.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 09:19

Dixeyroyal

Keep the faith people!

:lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 Mar 2016 09:41

There's a big gap between "fickle" and "bloody minded"

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Mar 2016 09:50

tidus_mi2 Need to stop talking about the game in hand, it's against Middlesbrough ffs, we'd be lucky to draw, especially with our away record.

scratching around for positives.......its the kind of game we lift ourselves for.

its your huddersfields, your fulhams, & yourMK dons we REALLY struggle against.

but yeah, generally agreed

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Mar 2016 12:53

All I heard last night was - 'inconsequential, doesn't matter, it's all about the 'big one' Friday'.
What a load of cr@p. Had we made any effort last night and won, we would have been 9 points off the play offs (was feasible) with a game in hand rather than the probability of being dicked by Palace or certainly being dicked at Wembley by the likes of Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal, just for a big day out (and of course the bag full of cash).
So for me, I can see where the priorities are now. Snatch the cash wherever possible and see what each day brings. A recipe for mediocrity.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Mar 2016 14:08

Pandoras Box All I heard last night was - 'inconsequential, doesn't matter, it's all about the 'big one' Friday'.
What a load of cr@p. Had we made any effort last night and won, we would have been 9 points off the play offs (was feasible) with a game in hand rather than the probability of being dicked by Palace or certainly being dicked at Wembley by the likes of Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal, just for a big day out (and of course the bag full of cash).
So for me, I can see where the priorities are now. Snatch the cash wherever possible and see what each day brings. A recipe for mediocrity.

So we won't be seeing you in the bree