BFTG - Cardiff

135 posts
RG7Fan

BFTG - Cardiff

by RG7Fan » 19 Mar 2016 17:49

Another game of wasted chances - should have been 2-0 at half time. I guess a point against a play off challenger is an ok result.

Ref was shit - again!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by PieEater » 19 Mar 2016 17:56

I thought we should have won that, at 1-0 up we looked like getting a second. Then somehow from a dodgy handball they get a flukey equaliser and that was it.

We really are not very good at the moment.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 19 Mar 2016 17:59

The game changed on 2 substitutions for me. taking Kermo off who was holding up the ball well was a crime, they bring on the tall black guy who creates a goal with his first touch.
Cardiff looked anything but play-off contenders, hit the bar with a great chance in the first half, but created very little after that. John is so f*cking frustrating. should have buried an easy chance after doing all the hard work at the end of the 1st half. 2-0 and we would have won.
Hold your hands up Brian. you f*cked up again. I am yet to be convinced by his return.
And yes the ref was shit again.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2016 18:01

Usually a big Brian supporter but odd substitutions from him in the 2nd half today. Quinn for Cox? Kermorgant off? Not sure about that.

We were better than we have been lately, but again lacked tempo and urgency and should've had the game wrapped up before the officials contrived to gift Cardiff a point.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Mar 2016 18:09

Good game, quite enjoyable.

Ref had a great 1st half, played decent advantages, really let it flow. Bloody awful in the second.

McShane MOTM, Quinn excellent, Mcleary, Hector, Kermorgant and Gunter good, John and Taylor frustrating, Cooper poor, and Danny Williams really needs to look up once in a while.

The fight was back, we deserved to win that quite comfortably, it was a 3-1 performance ruined by John and the ref.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Mar 2016 18:20

genome Usually a big Brian supporter but odd substitutions from him in the 2nd half today. Quinn for Cox? Kermorgant off? Not sure about that.

We were better than we have been lately, but again lacked tempo and urgency and should've had the game wrapped up before the officials contrived to gift Cardiff a point.

That's par for the course for BM. Ref not to blame, host of chances no striker capable of taking one ..

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2016 18:26

Yeah before the game he tells John to miss a sitter.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 19 Mar 2016 18:28

windermere_royal The game changed on 2 substitutions for me. taking Kermo off who was holding up the ball well was a crime, they bring on the tall black guy who creates a goal with his first touch.
Cardiff looked anything but play-off contenders, hit the bar with a great chance in the first half, but created very little after that. John is so f*cking frustrating. should have buried an easy chance after doing all the hard work at the end of the 1st half. 2-0 and we would have won.
Hold your hands up Brian. you f*cked up again. I am yet to be convinced by his return.

With his hand ...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Mar 2016 18:32

genome Usually a big Brian supporter but odd substitutions from him in the 2nd half today. Quinn for Cox? Kermorgant off? Not sure about that.

Shows how subjective football is (or how shit I am at following it) as I thought Kermo was just a big pile of bollocks. Won headers well but constantly missing when we needed someone in the box, and moves always seemed to break down at his involvement.

Was pleased to see him go off but Vydra was no better really. Will be happy to see them both fcuk off next season and Reading invest some much needed money on a decent striker rather than waste money each season on players who aren't up to it.

McCleary looked good. Not much else t really write home about though I thought at times we played some nice, short and quick passing football.

Not much long ball for the 'fans' to bitch about, just lacking in quality (still, as we have for ages now) up front.

What a difference a good striker would make.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 19 Mar 2016 18:38

Thought we played pretty well considering the context. Probably should have won.

Thought the referee was very poor. His last game at the Madejski was the Leeds game in April 2012, which is probably the worst refereeing performance I can remember at the Madejski.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Mar 2016 18:42

From where I was sat (in the corner) it looked like the ref owed us a handball (and therefore no Cardiff goal) and a couple of penalties*.

*But I was just jeering at the ref over every decision by that point so I could be getting carried away.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Mar 2016 18:43

Extended-Phenotype

Shows how subjective football is (or how shit I am at following it) as I thought Kermo was just a big pile of bollocks. Won headers well but constantly missing when we needed someone in the box, and moves always seemed to break down at his involvement.

Was pleased to see him go off but Vydra was no better really. Will be happy to see them both fcuk off next season and Reading invest some much needed money on a decent striker rather than waste money each season on players who aren't up to it.

McCleary looked good. Not much else t really write home about though I thought at times we played some nice, short and quick passing football.

Not much long ball for the 'fans' to bitch about, just lacking in quality (still, as we have for ages now) up front.

Fair assessment. Tippy tappy football will not get us out this mess, if long balls stretches teams and gets us results I'm all for it ..

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2016 18:44

Decent first half and probably should have been 3-1 up. Second half we were awful which was summed up by McDermott's poor subs. Their goal was a handball in the build up which was a joke. As it was a nothing game I am not so bothered about it.

We have 3 things lacking from this squad; they are pace on the counter, decent goal scoring strikers and tempo. I thought we played the game with more tempo today though.

This season has been a disaster and I still just feel that bringing Brian back was a mistake. Results have got worse and performances are no better than they were at the end of Clarke's tenure.

I fear for us next season.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Mar 2016 18:44

RoyalinBracknell Thought we played pretty well considering the context. Probably should have won.

Thought the referee was very poor. His last game at the Madejski was the Leeds game in April 2012, which is probably the worst refereeing performance I can remember at the Madejski.

They're all khak makes no odds ..

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Mar 2016 18:44

Longhorn1970
Extended-Phenotype

Fair assessment. Tippy tappy football will not get us out this mess, if long balls stretches teams and gets us results I'm all for it ..

I didnt see much tippy tappy, we played very direct I thought for much of today.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2016 18:52

Extended-Phenotype

The problem with Kermorgant is he holds up/flicks the ball on well but it usually just goes to noone. I think he needs to be deployed in a 4-4-2 just off the main striker, not on his own up front.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Mar 2016 18:53

How did Cardiff not score in the first half?

First objective has to be to stiffen up the midfield. Williams was jogging around today as if he was playing park football.

Certainly need more players with the passion of Quinn.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 19 Mar 2016 18:54

windermere_royal The game changed on 2 substitutions for me. taking Kermo off who was holding up the ball well was a crime, they bring on the tall black guy who creates a goal with his first touch.

Out of interest, why did you have to point out that the tall guy who creates a goal with his first touch was 'black'?
Last edited by oldebiscuit on 19 Mar 2016 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2016 18:57

We played well and deserved to win but lacked quality at the crucial time. Couple that with a dreadful referee who missed an obvious handball and at least one definite penalty missed as well and it just wasn't our day.

Al Habsi - Nothing to do . 6

Gunter - Not as bad as usual still let one or two crosses in with minimal effort to stop them. 6
McShane - Good performance, kept them quiet and should have been given a penalty. 8
Cooper - Did well on his return, more solid than in recent weeks. 7
Taylor - Solid but not spectacular, as always. 6

HRK - Unfortunate to go of injured. 5
Hector - Fine, count down on the flash harry stuff. 7
Quinn - Love his industry, less keen on his passing as he gives the ball away a little too much for my liking. 7
Williams - Off the pace. 6
John - Constant danger, just a shame he can't finish. 7

Kermogant - Held it up quite well but needs to offer more imo. 6

McCleary -Thought it was the McCleary from two seasons ago for a while there. Excellent goal. 8 Motm
Vydra - Please send him back, had enough. 4
Cox - Unlucky at the end there, the ball was just a little too far for him. Put himself about well. 6

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 19 Mar 2016 19:10

Players - 6

Tactics - 1

Ref - 0

135 posts