Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by RoyalJames101 » 08 Apr 2016 11:13

He's a very good player but he hasn't lived up to the hype when he signed. Everyone expected him to get 15+ goals, he hasn't, so he has been a disappointment. His work rate might second to none, but that doesn't win you games of football.

I like him and rate him, but he has been a huge flop this season and there is no denying that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Apr 2016 11:16

Has Vydra lived up to the expectation, absolutely not. Do we have anyone in the squad who deserves to be selected ahead of him on merit? No.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Apr 2016 13:50

John Smith
Snowball136 I would sign him in a heartbeat and I believe that if we did he would score 25 goals next season

Would he bollocks. He can't hit a barn door! Have you even been to a game this season?

Is that apart from the nine barn doors he's hit already?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Apr 2016 13:56

sandman Read what i said. It makes clear that there is no if in this situation, that was the expectation and he's failed to meet it spectacularly.

WHOSE expectation? Where did Clarke or any of the directors publicly say
"We are expecting 25 goals from Vydra"?

I just Googled and went back had a look.

Can you please point out where someone STATED the expectation?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2016 14:14

The statement is in the loan fee and the clause upon promotion. Yeah, no one spoke those exact words and im not going to pretend they did but you'd have to be pretty naive to think that they would be happy with him scoring three league goals and wasting the opportunities he's wasted.

Like I said I'm bored of arguing with you about something when you've got the blinkers on and aren't prepared to even slightly budge on.

So if you're happy skipping along in your little dream world where the club and the owners are happy with Vydra's goalscoring contribution in his time at the club then have at it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2016 14:29

From Despair To Where? Has Vydra lived up to the expectation, absolutely not. Do we have anyone in the squad who deserves to be selected ahead of him on merit?No.

Maybe not but who's going to report for work at hogwood on the first day of Pre Season? I very much doubt that will include Matej Vydra.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Apr 2016 14:47

.....and 2 games ago we were on the fringes of the relegation battle and 2 poor results away from being sucked back into it. Even then, we've only got Cox and Rakels. Rakels hasn't proved he's good for more than 10 minutes and Coz hasn't scored in 15 months.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Apr 2016 15:15

Snowball
John Smith
Snowball136 I would sign him in a heartbeat and I believe that if we did he would score 25 goals next season

Would he bollocks. He can't hit a barn door! Have you even been to a game this season?

I don't think you answered the question in there buddy.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Apr 2016 15:25

sandman
From Despair To Where? Has Vydra lived up to the expectation, absolutely not. Do we have anyone in the squad who deserves to be selected ahead of him on merit?No.

Maybe not but who's going to report for work at hogwood on the first day of Pre Season? I very much doubt that will include Matej Vydra.

youd prefer we start cox, and to hell with the consequences?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Apr 2016 15:26

From Despair To Where? .....and 2 games ago we were on the fringes of the relegation battle and 2 poor results away from being sucked back into it. Even then, we've only got Cox and Rakels. Rakels hasn't proved he's good for more than 10 minutes and Coz hasn't scored in 15 months.

& rakels is/was injured

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Apr 2016 17:58

RoyalJames101 He's a very good player but he hasn't lived up to the hype when he signed. Everyone expected him to get 15+ goals, he hasn't, so he has been a disappointment. His work rate might second to none, but that doesn't win you games of football.

I like him and rate him, but he has been a huge flop this season and there is no denying that.

Work rate can win you games of football if it opens up opportunities that others score from. Presumably that is one of the main reasons Kermorgant is escaping more criticism.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2016 18:03

Maneki Neko
sandman

youd prefer we start cox, and to hell with the consequences?

I actually dont mind Vydra or Cox starting atm because of injuries. When Rakelss is fit he and Kermorgant should be the first choice ahead of Cox and Vydra because Kermorgant and Rakelss are going to be here next season.

Really does show how low Vydra has sunk that he's vying for a starting place with Cox.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Apr 2016 20:41

John Smith
Snowball
John Smith Would he bollocks. He can't hit a barn door! Have you even been to a game this season?

I don't think you answered the question in there buddy.

I'm an ST holder. Think I've missed one home game when I was in Oz
but watched it live on Oz TV and 4 o5 5 something in the morning.

I normally get to 6-8 away games a season but ATM
I am looking after two dogs that can't be left more than 2-3 hours

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Apr 2016 08:59

Snowball I'm an ST holder. Think I've missed one home game when I was in Oz

I'm in no place to judge your personal circumstances mate but all I see there are excuses. Excuses used similarly to those who try and defend Vydra.

Just remember, every problem has a solution.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 09 Apr 2016 10:41

John Smith
Snowball I'm an ST holder. Think I've missed one home game when I was in Oz

I'm in no place to judge your personal circumstances mate but all I see there are excuses. Excuses used similarly to those who try and defend Vydra.

Just remember, every problem has a solution.

Yeah, right, I should have flown back from Australia to see the game live, because buying a pie could
have made all the difference to RFC finances, and I couldn't possibly understand the game by only
seeing it on TV.

And I could have the dogs put down, I suppose.

Or you could look after them for me?

I'm not sure what your point is anyway. I will have watched close to 30 games
live by the end of the season. I think that's sufficient to judge.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 09 Apr 2016 10:46

sandman
Really does show how low Vydra has sunk that he's vying for a starting place with Cox.

I don't think he is. I think McD "decided" on Cox a while back, but is using him
to wear down opponents a bit for an hour. It's standard McD

Long was a scoring sub way back, with Hunt doing the heavy lifting for 65
until they eventually were the starting pair

McD used Le Fondre in a similar way, the perfect 25-mimnute man.

I would love to know if there is even a possibility of Vydra being signed by us.

I strongly suspect not (and not having a definite future won't help a youngster's form)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Apr 2016 20:53

He might play well, might even break 15 goals, but 25 goals would be a career best. He scored 22 in 47 in his first season for Watford. I don't doubt that he's talented, but I think that sort of form is only ever something you can hope for, never something you can expect.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Apr 2016 21:59

SCIAG

He might play well, might even break 15 goals, but 25 goals would be a career best. He scored 22 in 47 in his first season for Watford. I don't doubt that he's talented, but I think that sort of form is only ever something you can hope for, never something you can expect.

To score that number of goals you need chances to be created for you. With Norwood playing the ball sideways and backward. Williams unable to pick a pass. That's highly unlikely. Nor will Kermorgant score if we unable to provide a decent cross. Birmingham provided Donaldson with one decent cross and he scored.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Apr 2016 22:10

Lower West
SCIAG

To score that number of goals you need chances to be created for you. With Norwood playing the ball sideways and backward. Williams unable to pick a pass. That's highly unlikely. Nor will Kermorgant score if we unable to provide a decent cross. Birmingham provided Donaldson with one decent cross and he scored.

Kermorgant rarely scores even when we do deliver a decent cross. He's missed more than his fair share of sitters. And rarely looks like getting on the end of anything anyway.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Apr 2016 23:01

Ian Royal
Lower West
SCIAG
Kermorgant rarely scores even when we do deliver a decent cross. He's missed more than his fair share of sitters.

I'm struggling to remember many decent crosses in the past few games. Few get whipped in with pace nor before the defence has time to set into position. As build up is so slow.................................

537 posts