BFTG Birmingham

176 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Birmingham

by windermere_royal » 09 Apr 2016 17:39

Shocking doesn`t do it justice. clueless trash. 71% possession but created absolutely nothing

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by royalp-we » 09 Apr 2016 18:00

Absolutely gutted for those paying for a day ticket today.

I've come to accept I wasn't getting any more value for my money this year.

The players should hang their heads in shame. But they won't. Expecting much of the same till May.

Fwiw my player ratings:

Al Habsi 5: little to do but that free kick palm to their player was shocking, should have got much more on it
Gunter 5: some good runs down the RW in the first half but should have marked their player for the palmed free kick
Obita 7: IMO the only player to take any credit today
McShane 6: didn't do much wrong but stood off too much
Cooper 6: See McShane
Norwood 5: love him but for all the possession didn't make any passes worthwhile
Williams 4: I'm a fan but he was just clueless today
Quinn 5: See Norwood
Piazon 5: missed a great opportunity in that first half
Cox 5: work horse. That is all
Yann 4: no notable contribution moving forward

Subs: can't be arsed to write anymore, I'm off for an round of sympathy shots

Final thoughts: what the f*ck is going to happen in the summer. WHY WONT THE BOARD SAY ANYTHING

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 09 Apr 2016 18:01

4s for the players

1 for the manager

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Apr 2016 18:01

Well that was f'cking painful

Birmingham nicked 2 goals and didn't even try to score beyond that. We were just clueless against them.
Fair play to them, they'd done their homework..... harry us into always passing sideways/backwards, and sit back knowing we can't cross for sh*t (Gunter and Obita just woeful) and we have no plan B

Hard to single someone out, but Norwood just sat too deep, underhit passes and slowed everything down. But just how bad was Williams?! Constantly running in to trouble and pushed off the ball like child. Inept in every way

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 09 Apr 2016 18:07

I have had a season ticket for the last 15 seasons, today was my last game.
Simply can't bring myself to sit through the remaining home games, next season after a summer off I may think differently but this squad is simply not worth paying to watch.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Apr 2016 18:11

Anyone else spot the helmet in Y25 sporting a Reading shirt with "Yaya Toure" on the back?

I despair, sometimes I really do.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Apr 2016 18:14

Don't think you can blame the players today. All the managers fault. No width, no strategy. Clueless.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2016 18:17

Utter ******* shambles

That is all.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Apr 2016 18:20

Royalwaster Don't think you can blame the players today. All the managers fault. No width, no strategy. Clueless.

tbf it worked well on Tuesday.

I though bringing on McCleary at RB was a great move, our formation was giving Obita and Gunter loads of space so McCreary should have exploited it. Instead he did 2 good runs then turned into Gunter, just passing it sideways or back and no wanting to take on his man

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 09 Apr 2016 18:25

John Madejski's Wallet
Royalwaster Don't think you can blame the players today. All the managers fault. No width, no strategy. Clueless.

It didn't work well.
The last two games we've relied on speculative long range shots to beat shit teams in shit form.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2016 18:28

P!ssed Off
John Madejski's Wallet

It didn't work well.
The last two games we've relied on speculative long range shots to beat shit teams in shit form.

Exactly and today we played a decent team in crap form and look where it got us. Absolutely detest the diamond formation unless you have world class players.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Apr 2016 18:29

P!ssed Off
John Madejski's Wallet

It didn't work well.

But those games we'd been missing a f'ck load of sitters. So we were performing, just not finishing.

Today was just woeful

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Apr 2016 18:32

Bad day at the office following up one of the best performances for months on Tuesday with a very poor one today.

Wasn't there in time to see the first goal but Al Habsi was poor for the second, if he wasn't going to catch it then he needed to palm it behind the goal.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Apr 2016 18:52

We made an average Brum team who have not won away Since Jan look like Barcalona. One of the worst performances of the season and that is saying something. :(

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Apr 2016 18:57

Jackson Corner We made an average Brum team who have not won away Since Jan look like Barcalona. One of the worst performances of the season and that is saying something. :(

Unlike us to give confidence boosting win to a team suffering a poor run of form.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Apr 2016 19:02

John Madejski's Wallet Hard to single someone out, but Norwood just sat too deep, underhit passes and slowed everything down. But just how bad was Williams?! Constantly running in to trouble and pushed off the ball like child. Inept in every way

You can learn more from a defeat than a win. If McD continues with this formation. Neither have a future.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Apr 2016 19:03

Complete and utterly shit performance.

Schoolboy errors for their goals and we offered zero threat testing their keeper.

The day was saved by a good pre and post match

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 09 Apr 2016 19:11

From that lot today I would keep Cooper, McShane, Norwood & Quinn. The rest I would ship out this summer.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Apr 2016 19:14

John Madejski's Wallet
But just how bad was Williams?! Constantly running in to trouble and pushed off the ball like child. Inept in every way

He gets the ball, and then instead of passing twenty yards, runs fifteen then passes the last five.

He's like a schoolboy in the sense he seems to need to dribble

He CAN make excellent first time passes, but it's not what he often chooses to do.

A few goals don't cover up the fact that (IMO) on the whole he stops us playing

It's worse when he has a match like today when he keeps giving the ball away

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Apr 2016 19:15

Well that was a oxf*rd shit performance. I didn't see that coming at all, in fact I was expecting us to give someone a hiding! I thought Williams should have gone off at half time not Piazon. The conditions didn't help us to create anything but we should have done better with both goals.

Credit to Birmingham who looked like one of the best sides who have visited us this season and have no complaints with the result. Rowett made them looked well organise. He'd have been a good manager for us to go for had we fired Adkins earlier.

That ref today was awful. Where do the football league get these refs from!!! Barely got any decisions right for either team.

176 posts