It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

191 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: It it worth buying a sesaon ticket for 2016/7

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 09:49

If renewal prices remain the same as last year then I will renew, otherwise if the price increases I will consider picking and choosing my games, maybe go to some away games instead for more of a day out - recently with the football being dross, I've felt as though it's 4 hours of my day wasted when I have so many other things I need to get on with (no excuse once the footy season ends though).

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 11 Apr 2016 10:29

I'll renew. The club needs our support more than ever. But they just need to do a better job of looking after every age group of supporter that follows the Royals.

The kids have got their Lion and funzone and family stand behind the goal. The elderley have got a sanitised, calm atmosphere with good facilities. Give them the West Stand. They have already taken it over anyway. But the rest of the fans i.e 18 until when you can no longer stand up and sing for 90 minutes need a terraced East Stand with more pub and bar facilities (i.e an extended jazz cafe) and a couple more pubs on the stadium site.

The town needs to build a monorail to connect the Mad Stad with the town centre and with some kind of park and ride scheme just off the motorway.

East Stand Terrace prices need to be a tenner for adults and a fiver for the kids. Make football great again!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Apr 2016 10:39

EverHopeful yes, who cares. get bored for 90 mins but spend 2 hours in pub beforehand and 2 hours after. just think could have to go shopping with the wife every other Saturday - £375 a bargain over a season. Saves me money without a doubt!

This is spot on.

Could be worse too - imagine supporting Port Vale or someone like that and having the same kind of thought process late season.

George_

by George_ » 11 Apr 2016 11:14

Had a season ticket for 12 years and won't be stopping anytime soon. Had the privilege of seeing the most successful period in the clubs history the last 10 years with some unbelievable days/nights at the Madejski. A lot of people go on about the atmosphere at the Madejski and its not a secret the atmosphere isn't great, but if go around a lot of grounds in the division there is a lot worse.

You have to go though the bad times to really enjoy the good times.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 11 Apr 2016 11:21

Had a couple of seasons without a season ticket due to playing myself.

Decided that I'll be back next season. McDermott being a big reason in me wanting to get one.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 11:34

Top Flight The town needs to build a monorail to connect the Mad Stad with the town centre and with some kind of park and ride scheme just off the motorway
+1
Also worth seeing about widening the local waterways so those of us travelling to the games on a motor yacht can navigate our way to the stadium instead of leaving out vessels parked up near Caversham Bridge, Alternatively a helicopter shuttle from Kings Meadow will work out quite well.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 11 Apr 2016 11:43

For the first time in 10 years didn't get a ST this season, instead bought a few one-off tickets and two 4 game packages, so have gone to 10 games in total. As I can virtually not make any mid-week games, it works out pretty well for me. But the clear downside has been much worse seats than when I had the ST - although it was a relief to get away from a bunch of Dave-like morons sitting behind me for several seasons. Will do the same next season I presume ....

I kind of miss attending regularly ... but at the same time, I'm quite glad that B'ham last weekend was the last game of my second 4 game package, so I don't need to watch any more of this dross for a while.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Apr 2016 12:02

royalp-we ]Yeah I'll renew. As people have said we've been through far worse times than this!

agree

I'm oxf*rd off with BMcD for not making a big enough impression on this group yet .

disagree

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Apr 2016 12:21

I have to drive up from Cirencester for each home game. It has become more and more of a chore to do that and sit through the level of dreariness that is being served up at the moment. I will have a serious think about next season and quite possibly switch to buying a ticket when ever I feel like going to a game. The only factor that comes out in favour of ST is that it provides an opportunity for regular father / daughter time and my daughter is moving back to the area this autumn. The economics just don't work out though as I have missed too many games through a lack of will/ desire to put myself through that long drive.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Apr 2016 12:28

I've felt as though it's 4 hours of my day wasted when I have so many other things I need to get on with

have felt that way too a couple of times, but then I realised the stuff I had to get on with was dull household chores, or speaking to my wife
and that cheered me up a abit

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 12:37

John Smith
EverHopeful yes, who cares. get bored for 90 mins but spend 2 hours in pub beforehand and 2 hours after. just think could have to go shopping with the wife every other Saturday - £375 a bargain over a season. Saves me money without a doubt!

This is spot on.
Although you could tell the wife you've renewed and spend 5 1/2 hours down the pub instead.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 11 Apr 2016 13:39

I fly over from The Netherlands to watch the dross currently served up by a team that currently couldn't give a toss. In fact I make more effort getting to the game than most of the players do during it at the moment.

The only reason I'd re new my season ticket is because I have a half decent seat and if we ever got promoted again (haha) I'd be kicking myself.

The bloke next to me believe it or not has not one but 2 ST's and flies in from Montreal. Yep. True.

and I thought I was mad......

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 11 Apr 2016 13:56

rob the royal Had the exact same issue last year. Due to other commitments I ended up paying about £35 a game and decided financially it was a no-brainer and did not renew. To be completely honest I'm shocked to say that I don't enjoy it the way I did when I was younger. I used to be one of these people who poured scorn on people for booing or leaving early and didn't get why so many of my friends decided to stop going over the years, but I finally get it. You get your x factor style hype music and other artificial atmosphere crap, then most weeks 90 minutes of boredom ensues. The atmosphere gets worse and worse every year, a lot of new fans just turn up and don't get involved in actually vocally supporting the team and I find myself just really unenthusiastic about watching sanitised live football at the madejski, cricket matches have more atmosphere now. Will probably still go to a few away games a year though but nothing like as many as used to. I bought a bundle of four tickets at the end of 2015 and it genuinely felt like a chore to have to use them. Sorry folks just the way I feel about it.

This 100%. I have been STH for 21 years but I simply do not enjoy the product I am paying for.
The team just never look like they would ever give 100% for the shirt. They are all over paid mercenaries (I know most pro footballers are) but it has been my contention that for the last 2 season at least, the players deliver just enough to meet their contractual obligations but never go the whole hog. If they all played as though they really wanted it, I seriously believe there is enough talent in this squad to get us promoted.

So for the first time in 21 years, I am not going to renew. I will keep the membership and an open mind and attend some games but until we have a team that shows the commitment present in most of the fans, I am voting with my debit card.

bubibe

by bubibe » 11 Apr 2016 14:12

Top Flight I'll renew. The club needs our support more than ever. But they just need to do a better job of looking after every age group of supporter that follows the Royals.

The kids have got their Lion and funzone and family stand behind the goal. The elderley have got a sanitised, calm atmosphere with good facilities. Give them the West Stand. They have already taken it over anyway. But the rest of the fans i.e 18 until when you can no longer stand up and sing for 90 minutes need a terraced East Stand with more pub and bar facilities (i.e an extended jazz cafe) and a couple more pubs on the stadium site.

The town needs to build a monorail to connect the Mad Stad with the town centre and with some kind of park and ride scheme just off the motorway.

East Stand Terrace prices need to be a tenner for adults and a fiver for the kids. Make football great again!

and with some kind of park and ride scheme just off the motorway. - Mereoak?

bubibe

by bubibe » 11 Apr 2016 14:17

2nd son likely to start college in Sept, so basic economics means unlikely to renew season tickets as they will not get the use out of them.

Also found I spend increasing periods of the game more interested in my smartphone than I do on activities on the pitch. After 10 years of buying 3 season tickets probably be just me paying for the odd game.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 15:49

rob the royal The legendary atmosphere gets worse and worse every year

Corrected for you.

Many thanks to the PA guy for pointing this out to me and others before every game :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Apr 2016 15:50

bubibe Also found I spend increasing periods of the game more interested in my smartphone than I do on activities on the pitch.
I played a quick match on football manager my phone at half time and even in that I lost 2-0 to Birmingham with Kuhl red carded after 4 minutes :twisted:

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 11 Apr 2016 17:04

I'll be renewing and probably get the kids their tickets even though they've been pretty disinterested for most of the year.

I can see that the Thai's will learn a lot from this season and maybe not have as many loanees.

Don't care if McD is hear or not as wasn't really behind him coming back and just don't think he's up to it with players that he hasn't worked with for years. The last success he had with us was with a team that had a lot of respect for him as he had worked with them for years. Just can't see the current bunch or new signings having the same respect as before.

Would actually like to see Avram Grant come in as he seems to have links with the Thais and has plenty of contacts,

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 11 Apr 2016 17:12

Though I've never taken a recreational drug in my life when you've had a season ticket for nearly 30 years it's like an addict .....just can't say no ....of course I'll renew

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 12 Apr 2016 08:25

Top Flight The kids have got their Lion and funzone and family stand behind the goal. The elderley have got a sanitised, calm atmosphere with good facilities. Give them the West Stand. They have already taken it over anyway. But the rest of the fans i.e 18 until when you can no longer stand up and sing for 90 minutes need a terraced East Stand with more pub and bar facilities (i.e an extended jazz cafe) and a couple more pubs on the stadium site.

To be fair, they've increased the bar facilities by adding in the additional stands outside, and terracing is currently impossible.

191 posts