BFTG Blackburn

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Blackburn

by Lower West » 07 May 2016 18:33

Shortfall in the available squad was so so apparent today. Credit to Brian for working with those that will be here next season rather than papering over the cracks. ( I appreciate Kanu will be gone but no other options). Hopefully Bond will get game time to next season as Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with confidence.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Blackburn

by sandman » 07 May 2016 18:43

Lower West Shortfall in the available squad was so so apparent today. Credit to Brian for working with those that will be here next season rather than papering over the cracks. ( I appreciate Kanu will be gone but no other options). Hopefully Bond will get game time to next season as Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with confidence.

And Bond does? :shock:

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 07 May 2016 19:02

Lower West Hopefully Bond will get game time to next season as Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with confidence.

And to think that Ali Al-Habsi was our player of the season...

He looked all at sea for Blackburn's 3rd goal today. Can see where you're coming from.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 07 May 2016 19:04

I couldn't make it to the game, I had an appointment to watch paint dry at the time.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 May 2016 19:09

BonBoh
He looked all at sea for Blackburn's 3rd goal today. Can see where you're coming from.

We were commenting on how as a keeper he doesn't dominant his area in the first half. The goal strangely enough didn't come as a surprise from a cross/corner. Nor is he quick off his line.

An incident not dissimilar to the goal conceded at Portsmouth in the League Cup nearly sealed our fate as well.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 21:50

Lower West
BonBoh

We were commenting on how as a keeper he doesn't dominant his area in the first half. The goal strangely enough didn't come as a surprise from a cross/corner. Nor is he quick off his line.

An incident not dissimilar to the goal conceded at Portsmouth in the League Cup nearly sealed our fate as well.

This is exactly what I've been saying about Al Habsi.

He has to be our worst player of the season ever. That would have been the case whoever won it this season. And it was the right player to win. Just underlines how utterly sh!te we are.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 May 2016 21:53

Meh game

McShane the only one who really gave a toss

Sad story about the 17 month old who the one minute applause was for :(

Very poor turnout for inflatables, and not the usual end of season party atmosphere (I love a party with an atmosphere). It seemed like about two or three kids had kitten out the whole stand.

Still, we move on...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 May 2016 21:59

Top Flight
Lower West
BonBoh

He has to be our worst player of the season ever. That would have been the case whoever won it this season. And it was the right player to win. Just underlines how utterly sh!te we are.

Sorry Dave, Stephen Hunt and James Harper far worse picks for the seasons they won pots than Al Habsi.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 22:01

sandman
Top Flight
Lower West

Sorry Dave, Stephen Hunt and James Harper far worse picks for the seasons they won pots than Al Habsi.

You're a nutcase Rodney.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 May 2016 22:05

Why Rodney? Trigger called Rodney "Dave" so I'd be Trigger and everyone loves Trigger, Dave.

"Super Vydra" :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 22:32

You seem so determined to stick the Dave tag on me that I'm starting to think that maybe you are Dave-Royal. It certainly ain't me. And I don't know why you keep reminding me of the Super Vydra thread. He was Super Vydra that day when he won us the game against Bristol. I wasn't saying he was a great player. I was just being supportive. I am a supporter at the end of the day. He was getting a lot of flak at the time.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 07 May 2016 22:39

How did Barrett play?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 May 2016 22:50

lightning strikes How did Barrett play?

All things considered was ok. Struggled with the pace and physicality of the game. Which wasn't unsurprising. Substitution at half time was probably planned. Dickie had a reasonable debut as well. Lacks the build to compete for a centre of defence position. Starting at full back is a good introduction. Both at least played with commitment and desire. If this is the way forward then patience is going to be required.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 23:35

Our players are lucky that their performances are not scrutinised on Match of the Day.

It would be embarrassing for them.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 07 May 2016 23:44

BonBoh
Lower West Hopefully Bond will get game time to next season as Al-Habsi doesn't fill me with confidence.

And to think that Ali Al-Habsi was our player of the season...

The problem is the players in front of him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 May 2016 09:25

To be honest more utter crap. Should have been 4 or 5 down after the first 25 minutes as the players (on both sides really) just seemed to want a training workout.

The only good thing was we could't have cared less about the result and were looking forward to being back home before 7pm.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2016 20:00

mambo3 The problem is the players in front of him.

Don't seem to get in the way too much.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 May 2016 20:58

a worthy winner

The keeper wins it two seasons running

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1