Thanks Brian!

photographer

Re: Thanks Brian!

by photographer » 27 May 2016 13:32

I swear the Reading fans are mostly bipolar. Whenever we spend money, Reading fans moan about whatever happened to 'the Reading way' of finding unknown talent for cheap. Whenever we go cheap (free transfers, loans, Rakels-like buys) then the Reading fans moan again that the club show no ambition, etc, etc.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 May 2016 13:45

No Fixed Abode
genome Big plus one.

His goal difference was minus.

:| get back to the EU referendum thread. Your country needs you :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 May 2016 13:48

photographer I swear the Reading fans are mostly bipolar. Whenever we spend money, Reading fans moan about whatever happened to 'the Reading way' of finding unknown talent for cheap. Whenever we go cheap (free transfers, loans, Rakels-like buys) then the Reading fans moan again that the club show no ambition, etc, etc.

Not necessarily the same fans

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 27 May 2016 14:00

genome
photographer I swear the Reading fans are mostly bipolar. Whenever we spend money, Reading fans moan about whatever happened to 'the Reading way' of finding unknown talent for cheap. Whenever we go cheap (free transfers, loans, Rakels-like buys) then the Reading fans moan again that the club show no ambition, etc, etc.

Not necessarily the same fans

LOL.
Im amazed it needed pointing out

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 May 2016 14:01

andrew1957
floyd__streete Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision today, a big thank you is due to Brian McDermott for the way in which he conducted himself during a difficult few months for the club and for himself. There are a number of moments from your first very successful spell which are up there in terms of my very favourite memories in the 30 years which have passed since my first Reading game. Not to mention of course the part you played in a very successful era before you became manager.

I genuinely believe you have the club at heart, thanks for some good memories and all the very best for your future.

Floyd we might have had a few spats over the years but I cannot disagree with a word of that. Well said.

I am thinking about going to watch non league football in future. I am just fed up with this circus and it is very hard to care about this club any more.

Which sides take your fancy Andrew?

Maidenhead United are a smashing little club, I'd recommend a trip to York Road anytime.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 27 May 2016 14:49

andrew1957
floyd__streete Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision today, a big thank you is due to Brian McDermott for the way in which he conducted himself during a difficult few months for the club and for himself. There are a number of moments from your first very successful spell which are up there in terms of my very favourite memories in the 30 years which have passed since my first Reading game. Not to mention of course the part you played in a very successful era before you became manager.

I genuinely believe you have the club at heart, thanks for some good memories and all the very best for your future.

Floyd we might have had a few spats over the years but I cannot disagree with a word of that. Well said.

I am thinking about going to watch non league football in future. I am just fed up with this circus and it is very hard to care about this club any more.

Pop down to York Road one Saturday next season Andrew. You'll like it more than you think.

George_

by George_ » 27 May 2016 15:42

Still the 2nd best manager in Reading's history.

Cheers Brian for your efforts in difficult circumstances.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 27 May 2016 16:24

Well said Floyd ....I thought it was a mistake him coming back but no one can deny he's a bloody decent bloke

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 May 2016 17:00

He seemed a decent bloke and I am sure his pride has been hurt but he has probably received 2 decent payouts from the club, so not all bad.

Will always be grateful for the good times he brought to RFC.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 17:08

Heart felt + 1

I haven't liked everything Brian did. I thought he made serious mistakes in the PL. It didn't go very well on his return to the club. But it's become apparent that he's been utterly shafted by two idiotic owners in a row now (not including the clown at Leeds), and I sincerely wish him all the best in whatever his next endeavor is and I hope he can still feel some warmth for the club and fans, despite all this. Best avoid us for quite a while though, we're obviously the latest doomed basketcase.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2016 17:22

Love you Bri

#ThaisOut

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 18:13

Sounds like the new club motto should be

"Love Brian. Hate Reading"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 18:17

Tie-day/tie dye protest?

Outside of the ground of course...........don't really feel like parting with my cash, nor stepping foot inside it at the moment

RIP all that we have stood for

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 18:27

Reading Way was far more than just about players. It was a entire culture within the club. The era is over. Reading aren't a big club. We could so easily be like Bristol Rovers or Luton and end up in the desert for many years.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 May 2016 18:37

Spot on Floyd

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 18:38

RoyallyFcuked Sounds like the new club motto should be

"Love Brian. Hate Reading"

Try to put aside your partisan view and take a considered look at why people are angry. It's far from just because Brian was sacked. It's because our club has lost it's sensible, calm approach and become another kneejerk place without a plan.

In the 4 seasons since 2012/3, we have had four permanent Managerial appointments and will be getting a fifth shortly. That is not healthy for a club.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 May 2016 18:40

Precisely Ian.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 May 2016 18:41

Thank you Brian and sorry for how the disgrace of a club I support has treated you. We deserve everything we're going to get.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 May 2016 18:43

Jagermesiter1871 We deserve everything we're going to get.

A better manager?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2016 18:45

No Fixed Abode
Jagermesiter1871 We deserve everything we're going to get.

A better manager?
"dave" is back