CONFIMRED - John Swift

165 posts
George_

CONFIMRED - John Swift

by George_ » 11 Jul 2016 12:11

Charles Watts:

Reading are working on a deal to sign midfielder John Swift.

The England Under-21 international is a free agent having come to the end of his contract with Chelsea.

Several Championship clubs are looking to snap up the 21-year-old and getreading understands Royals are firmly in the race for his signature.

The attacking midfielder spent last season on loan at Brentford, scoring seven goals in 28 games for the Bees.

Swift, who can also operate on the left side of a front three, has been with Chelsea since 2007 and has progressed through the youth ranks at Stamford Bridge.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - John Swift

by royalp-we » 11 Jul 2016 12:37

This is far more suited to our type of signing, championship experience, at an age to impress & similar to the Sidwell deal - fingers crossed.
Last edited by royalp-we on 11 Jul 2016 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2016 12:38

tshibola out swift in, CM for CM 7 goals in 28 games, 21 years old and wont cost us a vast amount (payment for Chelsea for development. still leaves some money in the kitty for a good striker you would hope.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 11 Jul 2016 12:45

royalp-we This is far more suited to our type of signing, championship experience, at an age to impress & similar to the Sidwell deal - fingers crossed.

These are the singings I like/miss.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jul 2016 12:58

Yup this would be an excellent signing. Can't help feel he'll go to Brentford though.

Plus his name makes him sound like a secret agent, so I'm IN :!:

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 11 Jul 2016 13:19

Watts says Swift is likely to play on the left of the front three if he signs, which is a shame as I really wanted Fosu to nail down that spot . But Swift looks like a very decent player and highly though of, so hopefully can only be good for the club.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jul 2016 13:39

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jul 2016 14:18

linkenholtroyal tshibola out swift in, CM for CM 7 goals in 28 games, 21 years old and wont cost us a vast amount (payment for Chelsea for development. still leaves some money in the kitty for a good striker you would hope.

Doesn't compensation only happen if the signing happens through a bosman? As he's already released it should be completely free unless I'm wrong.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2016 14:43

Hopefully he's gonna play, play, play, play, play.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jul 2016 14:53

Apparently he's told Brentford that they are never, ever, ever, ever, getting back together.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2016 15:47

tidus_mi2
linkenholtroyal tshibola out swift in, CM for CM 7 goals in 28 games, 21 years old and wont cost us a vast amount (payment for Chelsea for development. still leaves some money in the kitty for a good striker you would hope.

Doesn't compensation only happen if the signing happens through a bosman? As he's already released it should be completely free unless I'm wrong.

Surely that is what a Bosman deal is ?
Pre Bosman a player who was out of contract still had his registration retained by his club who could charge a fee for it. Post Bosman a player became a free agent and owned his own registration.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 11 Jul 2016 16:08

genome Apparently he's told Brentford that they are never, ever, ever, ever, getting back together.

Had a fall out with the fans at the end of last season. Doubt he'll go there.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2016 16:17

Nameless
tidus_mi2

Pre Bosman a player who was out of contract still had his registration retained by his club who could charge a fee for it. Post Bosman a player became a free agent and owned his own registration.

i thought if they were under a certain age and had been associated with the club for a certain amount of time there was a fee towards the cost of training. wasn't Danny Ings from Burnley to Liverpool like this. It is known as compensation i Believe, I may be wrong though.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2016 16:25

YateleyRoyal
genome Apparently he's told Brentford that they are never, ever, ever, ever, getting back together.

What happened?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 11 Jul 2016 16:48

Pepe the Horseman Hopefully he's gonna play, play, play, play, play.

I was going to go with satirical quotes from a modest proposal, but I see you've already gone low brow.
so ill leave it

plus I oxf*rd love tay tay

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2016 16:55

Maneki Neko
Pepe the Horseman Hopefully he's gonna play, play, play, play, play.

I was going to go with satirical quotes from a modest proposal, but I see you've already gone low brow.
so ill leave it

plus I oxf*rd love tay tay

*crotch bump*

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jul 2016 17:06

Pepe the Horseman
YateleyRoyal

What happened?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... media-post

Not really that big of a deal imho.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jul 2016 17:16

linkenholtroyal
Nameless
tidus_mi2 Doesn't compensation only happen if the signing happens through a bosman? As he's already released it should be completely free unless I'm wrong.

i thought if they were under a certain age and had been associated with the club for a certain amount of time there was a fee towards the cost of training. wasn't Danny Ings from Burnley to Liverpool like this. It is known as compensation i Believe, I may be wrong though.....

He has to be offered equal or better terms by the club for them to be eligible for compensation. If Chelsea haven't, he can walk away on a free.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2016 18:28

TheBaldOne Watts says Swift is likely to play on the left of the front three if he signs, which is a shame as I really wanted Fosu to nail down that spot . But Swift looks like a very decent player and highly though of, so hopefully can only be good for the club.

It would be a massive ask for Fosu to start week in week out. Not sure what this all means for Rakels...

LF - Swift / Rakels / Fosu
RF - Mendes / McCleary / Samuel / Barratt
ST - Kermorgant / Mendes / Rakels / Samuel

?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Jul 2016 18:56

Ian Royal
TheBaldOne Watts says Swift is likely to play on the left of the front three if he signs, which is a shame as I really wanted Fosu to nail down that spot . But Swift looks like a very decent player and highly though of, so hopefully can only be good for the club.

It would be a massive ask for Fosu to start week in week out. Not sure what this all means for Rakels...

LF - Swift / Rakels / Fosu
RF - Mendes / McCleary / Samuel / Barratt
ST - Kermorgant / Mendes / Rakels / Samuel

?

Sorry to question this if its already been addressed but how do we know Mendes is a right sided forward? I havent seen that anywhere (as of yet) and if it has been stated why is he ahead of McCleary in the line up?

165 posts