Rumour - Asamoah Gyan

193 posts
Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Asamoah Gyan

by Scutterbucketz » 30 Aug 2016 19:06

TBM I find it funny how we've now probably fcuked up a move for him anywhere else in England.... :lol:

Still he goes back to China picking up his 225k a week, so guess he's really the one laughing :(

I'm not entirely convinced there were as many clubs as claimed beating down his door to sign him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2016 19:13

8 weeks off first team football level apparently so it's not as if it was just a game or two.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Aug 2016 19:38

genome
Pepe the Horseman
sandman
He forgot to add "#Tinpot".

:D That would've broken the internet.

Baby Jet App ‏@BabyJetApp 5h5 hours ago
I am so indifferent about Reading it makes me angry #tinpot #shouldvegonetobrighton

:lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Aug 2016 19:44

Sutekh 8 weeks off first team football level apparently so it's not as if it was just a game or two.

Not to mention the few weeks off for the ACON as well. Good decision by the club in my opinion.

He would have been coming here entirely for his own ( and Ghanas's) benefit, not ours.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2016 20:08

So an apparently injury free (at present) professional footballer would take a full 8 weeks to get to the required fitness levels? :shock:

I think the spin doctors may have been at work on this 'announcement' and whilst it might not be the 'lies, lies, lies' Gyan claims, it may not be entirely true either.

Club before country might have been the real killer of the deal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2016 00:51

Sounds like the sensible thing...

Still gutted. :cry:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Aug 2016 07:07

Sounds like a narrow escape.

Relieved.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2016 07:12

RoyalBlue So an apparently injury free (at present) professional footballer would take a full 8 weeks to get to the required fitness levels? :shock:

I think the spin doctors may have been at work on this 'announcement' and whilst it might not be the 'lies, lies, lies' Gyan claims, it may not be entirely true either.

Why would 'spin' doctors be involved in a medical ?
There is no reason why anyone would make up a reason for a player failing a medical, and this 8 weeks comes from a journalist not anyone at the club. Perhaps his source said ' the guy is well out of condition, could see him needing a couple of months to get up to speed', but that's not a formal diagnosis.
You would certainly think a professional athlete could make huge progress in 8 weeks, IIRC pro boxers reckon they need a 10 week prep for a big fight to go from 'out of shape' to 'fighting fit'.
Whatever, it's obvious the deal was just unworkable, just don't see why the usual suspect turns it into 'it's wicked RFC telling lies' again, especially as he seems to have toned down the anti club stance recently which has been a mighty relief.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Aug 2016 08:59

Nameless
RoyalBlue So an apparently injury free (at present) professional footballer would take a full 8 weeks to get to the required fitness levels? :shock:

Why would 'spin' doctors be involved in a medical ?
There is no reason why anyone would make up a reason for a player failing a medical, and this 8 weeks comes from a journalist not anyone at the club. Perhaps his source said ' the guy is well out of condition, could see him needing a couple of months to get up to speed', but that's not a formal diagnosis.
You would certainly think a professional athlete could make huge progress in 8 weeks, IIRC pro boxers reckon they need a 10 week prep for a big fight to go from 'out of shape' to 'fighting fit'.
Whatever, it's obvious the deal was just unworkable, just don't see why the usual suspect turns it into 'it's wicked RFC telling lies' again, especially as he seems to have toned down the anti club stance recently which has been a mighty relief.

RoyalBlue likes to find stuff about how the club is run, and then complain about it.

If there was a public history of his 'locations' it would certainly be interesting.. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Aug 2016 10:12

More anti SJM than anti RFC.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Aug 2016 11:02

either/or
I think.

we could have coped with the ACON absence if he was ready to go straight in to 1st team
or we could have coped with taking a while to get match fit, if he wasn't going to ACON
just not both

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2016 12:18

Maneki Neko

either/or
I think.

we could have coped with the ACON absence if he was ready to go straight in to 1st team
or we could have coped with taking a while to get match fit, if he wasn't going to ACON
just not both

And I don't blame either party if that's the case. Understandable that the club didn't want him to go, and understandable that he told them to stuff it.

Just one of those things where it didn't work out.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 May 2019 17:14

193 posts