SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

198 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SERIOUSLY STOP BOOING

by P!ssed Off » 10 Sep 2016 00:14

George_ +1 to everyone against the boos.

Literally what are people trying to get out of booing the team? It's not helping anyone.

The people that are booing are the same people who would get on the teams back if we were playing long ball aswell.

Get behind the team, this new management with a new style of play. There's so much potential for this to work out given time and patience.

Yeah, it's like they don't want to watch tapping it around the back for 60 minutes each game, but at the same time they don't want to watch hoofing it long...
What exactly do they want?
It's not like there are any other ways of playing...

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Sep 2016 00:38

urz13 Our midfielders were all being very tightly man-marked - so whenever they did drop deep to provide an outlet they couldn't be passed to as they were too tightly marked.

With a static formation dead easy. Same for the front line.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Sep 2016 00:50

I share the dislike of the booing and am happy with what the team is trying to do. There was however a rediculous passage of play where Al-Habsi was screaming at the team to give him an option and they all just stood there staring at him. That went on for an uncomfortable period of time. There were also some very close moments when we were mm away from gifting them a goal.

I agree with the theory and that it will take time, but part of that we're going to have to accept that we're going to give away a stupid goal sooner rather than later as part of the process.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 Sep 2016 01:19

TBM That second half was a result of you idiots booing the possession play

Just be patient :lol:

jesus Christ, yes.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 Sep 2016 01:24

adkins/Rodgers passing game was ppointless and dull passing for passings sake.
jaaps team does it to draw the opposition out of position, to create space and therefore chances, which it did tonight. 1st half at least.
saying its ineffective is daft when we are unbeaten at home, and are in 3rd place.

That's our worst home performance of the season, and we still won.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Sep 2016 01:29

Stams post match interview - well worth a watch.

Basically It's down to the players to implement the system and keep the possession and create the gaps when they are able to. He's absolutely right and they are professionals - he can't kick every ball for them.

The fans may not like it; but like it or not, this is how we are going to play. :D

<3 him

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... y-with-win

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Sep 2016 02:17

Maneki Neko adkins/Rodgers passing game was pointless and dull passing for passings sake.
jaaps team does it to draw the opposition out of position, to create space and therefore chances, which it did tonight. 1st half at least.
saying its ineffective is daft when we are unbeaten at home, and are in 3rd place.

That's our worst home performance of the season, and we still won.

Quite.

Rodgers & Bodgekin's teams passed tediously across flat back fours until they got bored, hoofed aimlessly upfield and lost possession whereas Japp's defence attempts to create openings with angles, wide full backs and centre halves regularly pushing over the half way mark.

It might be frustrating at times as players adjust to a big change in playing style but will this club ever lose a minority of supporters who must be up there with some of the thickest the nation has to offer :evil:

These are the fans who regularly boo a 0-0 scoreline at half time and they are currently booing our players as they carry out their managers instructions.

While I'm sure our 2nd half performance had more to do with Mick McCarthy's tactics, the effect these idiots are having on some of our players is obvious to those who know more about the game than can be written on the back of a postage stamp.

No doubt some of these "fans", who the club would be better off without, would say the price of a ticket gives them the right to express an opinion but why not do us all a favour and spend that money on something you actually enjoy :|

Goodnight

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 10 Sep 2016 03:50

+ another 1

Not only does it negatively affect the team and the club as a whole, it makes you look like petulant children.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 Sep 2016 04:51

Agree

Cant believe the amount of clueless fans sat in the upper west

Moaning at retaining possession, very short sighted number of idiots when you think about the number of fans raging at our pointless hoofball last year. As soon as the booing started it went long and we immediately gave away possession

Yeah there are times where we look boring, but will you give a s**t if we finish well this year?

Support jaap support the boys who are behind him and his philosophy. Some of the fans booing are an embarrassment quite frankly never mind your deluded views on football

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Sep 2016 09:16

We have a problem with the fact that Habsi is not suited to this style, he lacks confidence on the ball. It is not helped by the fact that our outfield players keep passing the ball back to him and then leave massive gaps between him and a passing opportunity. Also if Habsi thinks about what to do he seems to get confused rather than just moving the ball out quickly

On top of that the belmonts in the stands getting on the player's back doesn't help even though it's understandable given the utterly ineffective passing styles we had with Adkins, Clarke etc.

So give it a chance, STOP BOOING and try supporting for a change.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Sep 2016 09:26

Sutekh We have a problem with the fact that Habsi is not suited to this style, he lacks confidence on the ball. It is not helped by the fact that our outfield players keep passing the ball back to him and then leave massive gaps between him and a passing opportunity. Also if Habsi thinks about what to do he seems to get confused rather than just moving the ball out quickly

On top of that the belmonts in the stands getting on the player's back doesn't help even though it's understandable given the utterly ineffective passing styles we had with Adkins, Clarke etc.

So give it a chance, STOP BOOING and try supporting for a change.

For all the reasons quoted by various people I agree with the angst towards booing, pathetic.

For those saying we did this with Adkins and this is worse, you are wrong.the fact we are sitting 3rd (probably 9th at 4:50pm) tells its own story.

We are exceeding expectations.

Let's have the e-i-e-i-e-i-o chant on Tuesday for a change.....

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Sep 2016 10:25

Royal Ginger There was however a rediculous passage of play where Al-Habsi was screaming at the team to give him an option and they all just stood there staring at him. That went on for an uncomfortable period of time.

Yeah, that was daft, but the problem wasn't about the style of play. It was a reflection of the team switching off and not moving into space to receive a pass.

I think our problems are more in the final third than at the back. We hardly seemed to connect with any balls in the box. Crosses never pick out a man because the people crossing don't know where the runners are going to move to, and those making the runs don't know where those crossing will try to put the ball.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Sep 2016 10:31

I normally have no issues booing at the end of a game and was a proud participant of pants day.

I also found our possession play cringeworthy and fruitless.

But as you say it's his new method and it will take time so I'll respect it. Come the end of the season if were in a relegation dogfight and it's not been working at all then I'll start booing but to be booing at this stage in the development of this new style is ridiculous.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Sep 2016 11:09

+1 Agreed

This is a new team learning a new style football and although at times it's a little tedious, we look like we will be safe this season, which is a real bonus for me.

Simple answer when the booing starts drown out the noise with some cheering. It was too quiet yesterday,

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Sep 2016 15:04

dads and lads sat behind us in the ED last night really started to irk me with their constant cries of "FORWARD" and "oh the keeper hasn't touched it for at least 30 seconds". Towards the end of the first half they were moaning about it being the most boring half of football they've ever seen, went downstairs and missed the penalty. Then they left after 85 minutes :D

While I may not be happy all the time with the way we played last night, as others have said this will take some time and yes, at some point, we're going to get an AAH howler, etc

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Sep 2016 15:52

I don't agree but can understand fans getting annoyed when things are on a downward spiral, e.g. near the bottom of the table, near the end of the season, and losing with 10 minutes to go.

But...

We have a new manager
We drew 2-2 with Brighton - fantastic result
We won away at Cardiff

They were booing and getting impatient when there was only a quarter of the game played and it was 0-0

It's pathetic

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 10 Sep 2016 16:04

Nothing wrong with motivational booing....you need to get over yourselves

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Sep 2016 16:43

Brosef Stalin Nothing wrong with motivational booing....you need to get over yourselves

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Sep 2016 16:49

Brosef Stalin Nothing wrong with motivational booing....you need to get over yourselves

While I know you're joking it does raise an interesting point. Playing devil's advocate here a bit but booing in itself doesn't necessarily always translate into a negative consequence on the pitch. Some people could rise to it and make them perform better in a kind of "fukk you i'll show you what I can do" attitude. It all depends on players mentality.

I think its still far more likely to have a negative impact, but its possible for some it might have a different effect.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Sep 2016 17:04

paultheroyal For those saying we did this with Adkins and this is worse, you are wrong.the fact we are sitting 3rd (probably 9th at 4:50pm) tells its own story.

Good shout.

198 posts