BFTG - Fulham

genome
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG - Fulham

by genome » 03 Dec 2016 17:43

:shock:

Well, the bubble was well and truly burst today.

Firstly, credit to Fulham, they got their tactics spot on. We just couldn't deal with their high press and pace and they forced us into giving the ball away countless times in the first half. Second half was just ridiculous, so much time and space and gaps for the Fulham players to run through. Utterly baffling.

Also, their no. 24 had an absolute blinder.

A few game changing moments, Couldn't see the red card or the incident for the 3rd goal, so no comment. But for Samuel to shoot instead of pass when it was 2-0 was infuriating.

Every time I have seen JVDB he's been a liability. Am I missing something? To be fair, most of the team were just not at the races.

Worrying afternoon but I don't think it will affect us like last season. I hope...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2016 18:10

Not for the first time we cant cope with team pressing high. You'd think that with us playing this style the players would have been coached in what to do in those circumstances. If they have, then it would seem that the solution they've been told is to panic.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 03 Dec 2016 18:13

Well that was fun :shock:

George_

by George_ » 03 Dec 2016 18:45

Great day out. Terrible football. Every single year.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Dec 2016 19:03

You know, I don't think I've ever been more appreciative of spending 3 hours on a Ryanair flight instead of going to the football.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2016 19:04

Utter shite - no more to say than that.

Al Habsi was Reading MOTM - after a 5-0 drubbing!

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 03 Dec 2016 19:06

genome :shock:

Firstly, credit to Fulham, they got their tactics spot on. We just couldn't deal with their high press and pace and they forced us into giving the ball away countless times in the first half. Second half was just ridiculous, so much time and space and gaps for the Fulham players to run through. Utterly baffling.

A few game changing moments, Couldn't see the red card or the incident for the 3rd goal, so no comment. But for Samuel to shoot instead of pass when it was 2-0 was infuriating.

Every time I have seen JVDB he's been a liability. Am I missing something? To be fair, most of the team were just not at the races.

Worrying afternoon but I don't think it will affect us like last season. I hope...

Totally agree with comment about Joey - looked like a bad park player today.

Had a bad feeling the wheels might come off today and boy did they, we were shocking :o

Fourth time I have been to Fulham and we have lost every one - will stay away next time or maybe just come over to Putney and stay in the pub. What a pity we cannot turn in a performance that would truly make Fulham the perfect away day !

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2016 19:09

Steve_Upper_West

Totally agree with comment about Joey - looked like a bad park player today.

Had a bad feeling the wheels might come off today and boy did they, we were shocking :o

Fourth time I have been to Fulham and we have lost every one - will stay away next time or maybe just come over to Putney and stay in the pub. What a pity we cannot turn in a performance that would truly make Fulham the perfect away day !

Let me know which away match you're going to next year and I'll give it a miss.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Dec 2016 19:13

I'm still so shocked and angry that I don't know what to say. Having said that the less said the better.

Diabolical and the players didn't even clap the fans. Pathetic

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 03 Dec 2016 19:14

Blackett looked lost at centre back. Gave Obita next to no cover.

One decent cross-field pass aside, Joey was utterly abject.

Everything Beerens touched turned to sh!t.

After the "offside" 3rd goal we just gave up.

Al-Habsi terrible positioning for their 5th.

In all, an absolute omnishambles. When the system breaks, it certainly does it in spectacular style.

And yet, the net result is we've just fallen one point further behind Brighton.

We'll win next week.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Dec 2016 19:19

Apparently it was a Beckham-Simeone type incident according to Mick G.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2016 19:37

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 03 Dec 2016 19:51

Fulham fans were very poor, and the happy clappers :lol:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Dec 2016 20:04

Huckleberry Hound Blackett looked lost at centre back. Gave Obita next to no cover.

One decent cross-field pass aside, Joey was utterly abject.

Everything Beerens touched turned to sh!t.

After the "offside" 3rd goal we just gave up.

Al-Habsi terrible positioning for their 5th.

In all, an absolute omnishambles. When the system breaks, it certainly does it in spectacular style.

And yet, the net result is we've just fallen one point further behind Brighton.

We'll win next week.

look at the stars for the last two games. 49 efforts on goal. City couldn`t finish. Flulham could. if Wednesday have 20 next week we will lose. end of.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 03 Dec 2016 20:24

Utter shite.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Dec 2016 20:29

Well that's a bump back to earth.

Firstly, as bad as I thought we were, Fulham were excellent. Gave us no time on the ball and created so much space. However, we were terrible, didn't win the 50/50s or second balls. All summed up by al- habsi passing it to their player in the first 5 mins. You can't really pinpoint one bad performer, everyone was a shambles.

ps if anyone saw the headbutt at half time on the concourse was at it bad as it sounded. Certainly something we should ever ever see between Reading fans!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Dec 2016 20:50

Those clappers that Fulham were using were just totally cringe worthy. It's one of the many reasons I dislike Leicester - just put the fckers down. Nowt worse than seeing them all just slapping them against their hand

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Dec 2016 20:51

gazzer, loyal royal ps if anyone saw the headbutt at half time on the concourse was at it bad as it sounded. Certainly something we should ever ever see between Reading fans!

Didn't see that but I did see some argy bargy down in the concourse near P6 but it was just pushing really and no actual punches/etc...

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 03 Dec 2016 20:57

My first away game of the season and sitting with my Fulham-supporting mate in with the Fulham fans!! A thoroughly miserable experience but born out of a thoroughly miserable performance by Reading. 'I hate to say this', my mate said after the game, 'but, to be honest, you are the worst side we have played at The Cottage this season!'. And, being honest myself, Fulham were the best Championship side I have seen all season!!

From the kick off we were not at the races. Fulham pressed us high and chased every ball and every lost cause and we had no answer. My mate had warned me that his team were making plenty of chances but couldn't hit the target and he was - thankfully - right! It needed one of our own players to put them one up at half-time when they should have been 3 or 4 to the good!! We had no rhythm, no fluency and, unforgivably, no fight!! Simple passes were going to the opposition; we were second to every 50-50 ball and badly losing the mid-field battle.

In contrast, Fulham were quick, clever and up for the game. The slick passes and flick-ons were working for them and they looked several classes above us. I didn't see the incident that led to Williams being sent off but, with 10 men, we actually looked more up for the fight until they scored the 3rd goal! Then the heads went down and I was grateful we kept the scoreline to 5-0!! This was only thanks to some wayward shooting and some good AAH saves.

Can we recover from this? Is it just a blip? I hope so. But it was this fixture that ended our season last year and that was only 4-2!! Next game we welcome Moore back but lose Williams for 3 games. No signs of Swift returning and Kermorgant and Rackels are also out of action. Sheffield Wednesday are on a good run of form and will severely test our depleted squad next Saturday. It is up to Stam to raise that squad's spirits and get them back to form. At least we are still 3rd in the table!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Dec 2016 20:58

Ok so we played shit and got stuffed, so what.

Stam had taken us to an unbelievable 3rd in the table and we were missing Moore and still don't have a striker and Fulham used tactics that worked on us.

I suspect we'll learn from all this and our next run will be even more impressive.

I think the worry we all have niggling in the backs of our minds is has it all been fake up until now and will the team implode like we did last year especially now with the ownership malarkey too unsettling everyone like the Clarke-Fulham talks did.

I doubt it, but who knows.