Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Silver Fox » 10 Feb 2017 20:59

About time really

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Feb 2017 21:14

Reparition

The (Sun) "team and management" from 28 years ago have either shuffled-on or have landed a job in The House of Lords long since.....f11ck sake...Piers Morgan (Mirror) still breaths and even has a star slot on tv :shock:

Pretty sure that the Sun has done the "wearing the horse-hair shirt" thing by now....and time for Liverpool to move on and embrace its current crop of "reporters"

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Feb 2017 21:18

Mawkish Sentimentally shocker

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Feb 2017 21:46

Mawkish....28 years on :shock:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Feb 2017 01:50

AthleticoSpizz Mawkish....28 years on :shock:

mawkish
ˈmɔːkɪʃ
adjective
exaggeratedly or childishly emotional

prolly should have added cloying

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Feb 2017 03:30

I think that's a pretty pathetic thing for Liverpool to do now, years after the event.

Hasn't the editor changed? The reporters all moved on?

Im a big believer in the freedom to report and all these other papers have access but.not the Sun - the biggest tabloid paper in the country.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Feb 2017 03:36

Oh and just to add, I think my main issue is they have BANNED the sun from access.

I really don't agree with restricting access to certain people, groups, organisations when its free access to everyone else.

96 people died, but Liverpool (and I really don't want this to sound as bad as it sounds) can't keep dragging this up. By that I mean I think it's really unproductive and unhealthy to keep on using it to fight people.

We know the police screwed up, the other authorities, the grounds people, the newspaper, the government. We know we know we know.

So many good things have changed and positive moves made. Instead of Liverpool banning a newspaper, why don't they do something positive and uplifting instead

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Feb 2017 04:34

It's a disgrace!

A disgrace that they haven't banned the Mail as well.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2017 10:13

Surely though The Sun, like The Mail, should just be banned from everywhere on grounds of taste if nothing else.

I might be wrong but didn't Murdoch own the Sun at the time? If that is the case why isn't SKY banned from Anfield? :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2017 10:29

£

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Feb 2017 11:05

It was the Sun that lied, and continued to lie and refused to apologise. It's not Murdoch, or any other paper or organisation that is so tainted so bringing up Sky or the Mail or the Times is irrelevant.
It is the paper that has had access removed, not individual journalists. Again it is irrelevant that people have changed. Where companies have committed illegal acts in the past the fact that they have changed CEO, or other staff, makes no difference. They are still responsible as a body for what was done in their name.
This is not a random ban just because an owner decides they don't like what they have said (see RFC Banning Clive Baskerville), Liverpool fans and people in general have effectively cleansed the city of the Sun and this is the club backing the lasting feeling that the Sun should have no connection to the city.
I think it is a good gesture, it doesn't mean the Sun can't report on Liverpool games, or that Sun journalists can't go to Anfield. It just means the club won't work with them, or give them free tickets or special access.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Feb 2017 12:45

When Southampton banned photographers, the local press responded by covering the games in the medium of

subbuteo

roy race style cartoons, right down to crowd getting involved

and photos from 1987

So, yeah, bring it on, SUN, bring it on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Feb 2017 14:30

Nameless It was the Sun that lied, and continued to lie and refused to apologise. It's not Murdoch, or any other paper or organisation that is so tainted so bringing up Sky or the Mail or the Times is irrelevant.
It is the paper that has had access removed, not individual journalists. Again it is irrelevant that people have changed. Where companies have committed illegal acts in the past the fact that they have changed CEO, or other staff, makes no difference. They are still responsible as a body for what was done in their name.
This is not a random ban just because an owner decides they don't like what they have said (see RFC Banning Clive Baskerville), Liverpool fans and people in general have effectively cleansed the city of the Sun and this is the club backing the lasting feeling that the Sun should have no connection to the city.
I think it is a good gesture, it doesn't mean the Sun can't report on Liverpool games, or that Sun journalists can't go to Anfield. It just means the club won't work with them, or give them free tickets or special access.

I largely agree, although it does seem rather after the horse has bolted to do it now. I don't think there could be many complaints if it was done in the aftermath supporting the families. Or after the inquests were re-opened, or after the hearings were concluded. But months after with no apparent trigger? It's a bit odd.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Feb 2017 12:21

Back to the football-if Liverpool play like that for the rest of the season they are nailed on for the top 4 which seems to be the aim of the big clubs (and Spurs) apart from Chelsea who have already won it.
A shame Liverpool aren't in a Super League of the top six as they would surely be champions (based on results against the others)-if only they could be flat-track bullies like Man Utd were when they were good (it seems quite a long time ago but another £200-300 million might bring them up to scratch).

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Feb 2017 14:59

Victor Meldrew Back to the football-if Liverpool play like that for the rest of the season they are nailed on for the top 4 which seems to be the aim of the big clubs (and Spurs) apart from Chelsea who have already won it.
A shame Liverpool aren't in a Super League of the top six as they would surely be champions (based on results against the others)-if only they could be flat-track bullies like Man Utd were when they were good (it seems quite a long time ago but another £200-300 million might bring them up to scratch).

When were Liverpool last good?

Average league position for the last decade 5-6th

Game-raising in their cup final etc

One Mane club...etc

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Feb 2017 15:39

Brobot said:-

Yesterday?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Feb 2017 09:25

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew Back to the football-if Liverpool play like that for the rest of the season they are nailed on for the top 4 which seems to be the aim of the big clubs (and Spurs) apart from Chelsea who have already won it.

One Mane club...etc

27 (Twenty seven) years since they last won the league. They're the club that have thrown the most money at trying to win the Prem but failing to do so. As for the super league of the top six - well, that's the sort of silly thing many Liverpool fans come up with.

"If the league was over a calendar year" etc. etc. :lol:

FWIW I was pleased Liverpool beat Spurs though.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 13 Feb 2017 11:53

No Fixed Abode
BR0B0T

One Mane club...etc

27 (Twenty seven) years since they last won the league. They're the club that have thrown the most money at trying to win the Prem but failing to do so. As for the super league of the top six - well, that's the sort of silly thing many Liverpool fans come up with.

"If the league was over a calendar year" etc. etc. :lol:

FWIW I was pleased Liverpool beat Spurs though.

I am pleased that you are pleased.
Perhaps you can add Liverpool to your list of teams that you support. :wink:

8628 posts