Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Four Of Clubs » 19 Feb 2017 00:27

Today's NL results:

Saturday 18th Feb

FAV Q-F
Coleshill Town 2-0 Sporting Khalsa
Southall 2-5 Cleethorpes Town
South Shields {SIX} 6-1 Newport Pagnell Town att given as 3161 !

Sun 19th
Bromsgrove Sporting v Buckland Athletic

NAT
Woking 0-0 Southport
Wrexham 0-2 Aldershot Town
NATN
Brackley Town 1-3 AFC Fylde Saints lose to runaway leaders
NATS
Bishops Stortford 1-4 Poole Town
Dartford 0-1 Chelmsford City
East Thurrock United 2-1 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Eastbourne Borough 2-0 Gosport Borough
Ebbsfleet United 1-0 Hungerford Town - home boss heaping praise on the Crusaders on their website - visitors had a chance to level in stoppage time but 'Fleet keeper made a vital save

Maidenhead United 2-1 Whitehawk - another for Tarpey as Magpies cling on to Ebbsfleet - level on points and GD but 'Fleet have scored one more goal than MUFC - who do have a game in hand. Both sides play Tue night: Magpies host Eastbourne, Ebbsfleet travel to Hemel

Margate 0-1 Wealdstone
Oxford City 1-0 Hemel Hempstead Town
St Albans City 1-4 Bath City
Truro City 1-2 Concord Rangers
Weston-Super-Mare 2-2 Welling United

SLP
Banbury United 1-1 Weymouth
Basingstoke Town 2-1 Biggleswade Town - Dragons good form now lifts them into the top half of the table
Chesham United 0-1 Leamington
Hayes & Yeading United 0-1 King's Lynn Town
Slough Town[b] 1-0 Merthyr Town
SL1C
Arlesey Town 0-1 [b]Farnborough
Smith pen on 20’
Aylesbury 1-0 Egham Town
Barton Rovers 3-2 Aylesbury United
Chalfont St Peter 0-2 Kidlington
Fleet Town
1-0 Hanwell Town
Histon 2-3 Beaconsfield SYCOB
Marlow
0-2 Royston Town
Uxbridge 0-2 Ashford Town (Mx)
SL1S&W
Barnstaple Town 3-1 North Leigh
Didcot Town 2-2 Bishops Cleeve
Tiverton Town 2-0 Wantage Town
Winchester City
4-1 Evesham United – game was 1-1 entering the last 10 mins

CCLP
Abbey Rangers 1-1 Hanworth Villa
Camberley Town 3-3 Colliers Wood United
CB Hounslow United 0-2 Hartley Wintney
Epsom & Ewell 2-1 Westfield
Farnham Town
4-1 AFC Hayes
Guildford City 2-0 Bedfont Sports
North Greenford United 2-0 Horley Town
Raynes Park Vale 0-1 Badshot Lea Baggy Lea follow up last weeks impressive win with another vital 3 points and puts them above RPV
Spelthorne Sports 0-1 Sutton Common Rovers
Walton & Hersham 2-0 Bedfont & Feltham
Windsor 1-2 Chertsey Town - poor result against the struggling Curfews
CCL1
Ash United 1-8 {EIGHT} Worcester Park
Balham 3-2 Sheerwater
Banstead Athletic 1-1 Chessington & Hook United
Cove 5-5 AC London - according to F’Focus ACL were 3 up in ½ hr – Cove battle back to lead by half time :o then fell behind again 2nd half only to level.
Dorking 2-0 Cobham
Epsom Athletic P-P Redhill
Eversley & California 2-1 Staines Lammas
Frimley Green {SIX} 6-1 Farleigh Rovers

HELLP
Ardley United 1-0 Tuffley Rovers
Binfield 3-1 Royal Wootton Bassett -goals for Bennett, Ferdinand & Hayden
Bracknell 1-1 Flackwell Heath - huge crowd of 362 sees 2nd v 1st in deadlock allowing Thame to grab top spot with their win at Scours/Rivermoor
Highmoor-Ibis 0-3 Thame United
Longlevens AFC 2-5 Brackley Town Saints
Lydney Town 4-1 Henley Town
HELL1E
Headington Amateurs 2-1 Bicester Town
Chinnor 1-4 AFC Aldermaston
Holyport 1-4 Penn & Tylers Green
Sandhurst Town 2-4 Finchampstead
HELL1W
Abingdon United 4-1 Tytherington Rocks
Milton United 1-2 Letcombe
Shrivenham
0-1 Easington Sports
HELL Supp Chalfont Wasps 1-0 Ascot United
RG Inv Cup Wokingham & Emmbrook 1-0 Woodley United

WESSP
Alresford Town 3-1 Hamworthy United
Andover Town 3-2 Newport (IoW)
Fareham Town 1-0 Whitchurch United
WESS1
East Cowes Victoria 0-6 {SIX} Tadley Calleva
Fleet Spurs 2-2 Pewsey Vale – Vale’s first away point of the season: means they draw level with E Cowes at the bottom but are more than 20 goals worse off. It breaks a run of 9 straight defeats where they’ve shipped 56 goals

Laverstock & Ford 2-0 Andover New Street
Romsey Town 1-1 Alton

... headed SW for Portland but fortunately approaches to M4 jn11 were a bit stop start - managed to check postponements on NLM and found Portland game was off - visitors Amesbury unable to raise a side - fairly unusual at STEP05. It's not been apparent beforehand that Amesbury are in bother - apart from a slight dip in form this year.
Decided to continue West but stayed M4/M5 and got a new tick down in Zummerset at:
WEST1 Wellington 2-2 Oldland Abbotonians. -
Nice simple set-up - tidy club bar and the obligatory pasties on sale at half time sadly in limited supply. Might be restricted in terms of promotion as they appear to share the area with cricket, so the ground cannot be enclosed.
Hosts were league leaders at the start but according to locals, we sat near, there have been rumbles of discontent over team selections of late, so as point of principle the home Manager left a few regulars out. Nearly paid the price as the lowly vistors took a deserved two goal lead. Wellington battled hard late on and hauled back a point - the internal disagreements have cost them top spot as Cheddar overtook them with a win at Portishead.
Took a short diversion after the game - up onto the top ridge of the Blackdown Hills to the local landmark - the Wellington Monument - views from there would be spectacular on a clear day . Lengthy and expensive restoration works ongoing on the obelisk itself - built to commemorate Waterloo. Probably worth going back if the internal staircase is ever restored to allow access to the viewing platforms at the top of the 165' 'needle'. Has been closed to the public since 2007.
Would also require steely nerves for the interpid visitor though; the structure apparently shifts quite a bit in windy conditions - has a large counter-weight built into it to restrict movement. :shock:

Traffic there and back behaved.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 19 Feb 2017 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 19 Feb 2017 07:35

Took in Eastleigh v Tranmere, Last time I went to Eastleigh was in December. Eastleighs squad has been completely overhauled by new manager Martin Allen as I understand a cost cutting measure. The style of football has unsurprisingly changed to a more direct style. Other than the opening 10 minutes at the start of each half Eastleigh were dreadful with the full backs particularly poor. Had the Tranmere forwards had their shooting boots on they would have won more comfortably than 2-0. Tranmere looked a decent side well marshalled by McNulty at the back. He has lost some weight.

double d

by double d » 19 Feb 2017 07:40

Just saw that Julio Arca plays for South Shields :shock: :shock: :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Feb 2017 14:50

Shaun Goater takes over the vacant management position at NPL Ilkeston Town.

mx

by mx » 19 Feb 2017 20:12

Four Of Clubs Today's NL results:

Winchester City[/b] 4-1 Evesham United – game was 1-1 entering the last 10 mins

[/color][/i]

Winch had a man sent off in the first minute, went ahead, then conceded just before half time.

Evesham got a red card, making it 10 v 10, and then we scored 3 goals in the last 10 mins.

I keep missing the best games. :x

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 19 Feb 2017 22:40

This Saturday Hungerford 5th entertain Maidenhead 2nd, Hungerford are offering half price entry for Season Ticket Holders of Reading, Swindon and Oxford. Adult full price is £12.

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 21 Feb 2017 10:42

Bracknell back to winning ways with a hard fought Derby win away at Binfield. Back to the top of the league as well.
£10 for me and the 2 kids. Burger at HT was outstanding as well.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 21 Feb 2017 15:09

Bonzodog This Saturday Hungerford 5th entertain Maidenhead 2nd, Hungerford are offering half price entry for Season Ticket Holders of Reading, Swindon and Oxford. Adult full price is £12.

they should add in Saints as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 16:22

Warfield ED Stand Bracknell back to winning ways with a hard fought Derby win away at Binfield. Back to the top of the league as well.

Bracknell now 1 point clear of second placed Thame United. Both teams have 8 games left. Flackwell are a point behind Thame but only have 6 games left.

Thame are at home to Flackwell tonight while Bracknell travel to Highworth on Saturday when Thame have no game.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Feb 2017 16:54

On BBC website:
Pie-eating Sutton keeper Wayne Shaw resigns as FA launch investigation. Sutton United have accepted the resignation of reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw, who is under investigation for potentially breaching betting rules. The Gambling Commission and Football Association are investigating if there was a breach of betting regulations after the 46-year-old ate a pie during Monday's FA Cup loss to Arsenal. A bookmaker had offered odds of 8-1 that Shaw would eat a pie on camera.

"What happened didn't make us look very professional," said boss Paul Doswell.

"It's something that we've dealt with quickly as a club," he told Sky News on Monday. "Wayne himself offered his resignation to the chairman this afternoon, which has been accepted.

"It's a very sad end to what has been a very good story."

What a plonker. He openly admitted, on brekkie telly this morning, that he'd set this up. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. And then the dry lunch (must have had a few of those in his time) laughed it off, as though it was some big joke.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 21:50

Maidenhead 2-1 Eastbourne
Hampton 1-1 Ebbsfleet

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Feb 2017 22:13

Why do the bookmakers have a market open on whether he will eat a pie or not anyway. It is not his fault the bookies open such a stupid market. The gambling commission are getting involved. This is all such a ridiculous joke.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 22 Feb 2017 11:45

Maidenhead return to the top with another late show. 3 home games in a row points won after the 88th minute. Some good pics here from the new club photographer. The pics seem to capture very well what's going on at the club lately.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138306252 ... 8770537521

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Feb 2017 13:05

Tony Le Mesmer Maidenhead return to the top with another late show. 3 home games in a row points won after the 88th minute. Some good pics here from the new club photographer. The pics seem to capture very well what's going on at the club lately.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138306252 ... 8770537521

Good link

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 22 Feb 2017 15:57

Eastleigh sack Martin Allen :?

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 22 Feb 2017 16:20

Zammo Eastleigh sack Martin Allen :?

After 12 weeks in which he completely dismantled the squad, changed the style of football, hardly won a game and heading from play off fringes towards bottom of table. Sure he'll get a good pay day as he left Barnet for a pay rise.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 22 Feb 2017 23:29

Warfield ED Stand Bracknell back to winning ways with a hard fought Derby win away at Binfield. Back to the top of the league as well.

... was also at Binfield on Monday - attendance 289.
Bracknell were very solid, especially in defensive midfield where ex-Mole 'Ol man Withers' :mrgreen: snuffed out nearly every bit of link play between the Binfield forward line. Both Bracknell wingers were a threat.
Their only goal was a neat back-heeled flick on the near post by the prolific TJ Bohane - but the hosts defense gave him loads of space to do this and an age to settle his position before his cheeky attempt.

'Moles' were on the back foot for most of the game ; did managed to press late on but couldn't force an equaliser.

Sutekh Bracknell now 1 point clear of second placed Thame United. Both teams have 8 games left. Flackwell are a point behind Thame but only have 6 games left.

Thame are at home to Flackwell tonight while Bracknell travel to Highworth on Saturday when Thame have no game.

... and last night (Tue) Thame walloped Flackwell 5-0 and temporarily re-take top spot- didn't see that coming. Effectively knocks the Heathens out of the title race, with only 5 matches left for them.
- family embroilments prevented me from leaving early enough for that one, so encouraged by the SatNav saying I could get up the M4 in quick time, I dashed to:

SL1C Ashford Town 1-4 Royston. Visitors and league leaders fell behind in the first minute, to a spectacular long-range half-volley but ran out very comfortable winners - indeed led 3-1 by H/T - continually exposing the Ashtrees left flank.

...elsewhere in the Hellenic Premier Henley grabbed a very rare 2-1 win away at Ascot to hop above Burnham at the bottom - sadly for both sides Oxford City Nomads beat Brackley Saints in the battle of the 'stiffs' and keep a three point cushion over Henley, as well as moving closer to their visitors. Starting to look uncomfortable for Highmoor/IBIS and Ascot who are only a few points better off . :? It looks as if the relegation slots, which theoeretically could be as many as four, will be filled from among these half a doz clubs.
Thatcham moved back into 4th spot above HIghworth with a 2-1 win over Brimscomb & Thrupp but they are seven points behind Flackwell.

Woodley Utd bowed out of the Floodlit Cup with an extra-time 2-4 defeat at Scours/Rivermoor by Lydney.

Not much midweek league action to note in the Combined Counties - results:

Camberley 2-6 (SIX) Westfield - 'The Field' go back above Hanworth Villa with powerful showing at Krooner Pk. Race for runners-up spot is hotting up very nicely with both Epsom & E. and Walton & H. looming within range and showing form suggesting the contest could be sustained into late April. At a quick glance I think Westfield have the potentially easier run-in - the only obviously tough games being in mid-March; a trip to Champions elect Hartley followed by a visit from Windsor

Horley 1-2 Farnham
(MON) Abbey
0-1 Epsom & Ewell

Higher up the Pyramid: in the Southern Premier Slough fell to a shock 2-1 defeat at bottom club Cinderford - they still have a 9 point gap back to Banbury but are now 11 points behind leaders Chippenham.
In the same division Chesham stopped a recent run of poor results with two late goals in a 2-0 win at St Ives.
In the South Central Div One Fleet Town drew 1-1 with Bedford whilst on Monday night, Beaconsfield edged past bottom club Petersfield who now seem almost certain to drop back to the Wessex League for 17-18.

...and the FA Vase Semi Finals paired up two Midland v Northern ties:

Ist Legs Sat 11th March - reverse ties the following Saturday:
Bromsgrove Sporting v Cleethorpes Town
Coleshill Town v South Shields

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 23 Feb 2017 08:17

FOC, how is relegation from the Hellenic Prem decided if it could be up to 4 teams down? I had got it in my head it was bottom 2.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 23 Feb 2017 19:58

Tony Le Mesmer FOC, how is relegation from the Hellenic Prem decided if it could be up to 4 teams down? I had got it in my head it was bottom 2.

.... fairly sure I've drivelled on interminably about this very subject before on this thread - but that won't hold me back :mrgreen:

In THEORY, constitutionally four clubs could go down, to be replaced by the top two in each of the Divsion One leagues (East & West)
- reprieves have been plentiful over the past few years however- with last season (15-16) being a bit of an exception, when we 'lost' Abingdon Utd, Milton Utd and Wokingham & Emmbrook from the top level.
Champions Kidlington were promoted to STEP04 Southern One Central - with Burnham dropping down as a natural replacement.

The Hellenic Premier ultimately gained just one club from below - Henley Town who'd actually 'only' finished third in One East but had the necessary ground grading, unlike Champions Penn & Tylers and a reformed Bicester Town, who had only just commenced a groundshare at Ardley in 15/16 so were probably excluded on that basis.

Both One West clubs that were eligible to be promoted and indeed finished 1st and 2nd, failed to last: - Carterton started the campaign but folded completely very early on - Cheltenham Saracens resigned & tried to go into the Glos County Leagues before the season began but were persuaded to only 'drop' back one level to One West - where they have struggled badly for most of the campaign.

Looking ahead to the end of this season : One East could have an issue on eligibility - I covered this quite recently when I rambled on about WoodleyUtd needing to finish as high as possible to be considered. They are now 4th but have a large number of games in hand on those above them - and none of the top three are anywhere near the sufficient grading: Penn & Tylers, Headington Amateurs and Finchampstead
- Scours/Rivermoor where they have 'lodged' for a couple of years is graded sufficiently for Premier - Highmoor/IBIS the landlords are already in place.
I would guess that if either Aldermaston or Bicester finish strongly over the next couple of months, they could crash the equation so to speak - as they may be Ok on grading - certainly Bicester would have served enough time in their groundshare at Ardley to be allowed up this time.
I'm not that convinced that 'The Atom Men's' facilites are up to much though - other than lights they don't have much else going for them or didn't when I last visited for a pre-seasson friendly in July.
They may have been doing some work on the ground but seriously doubt they'd be ready for the higher level in playing terms - certainly not on the pitch.

Does look a bit of a racing certainty that Wantage will be relegated from Southern One West (9 points adrift and only 11 games left - with just 2 wins all season so far) and will be replaced by Thame/Bracknell - though 'Robins' may get placed in Southern One Central.
Flackwell turned down promotion from the Hellenic in 14/15, when the SL supposedly made a very late decision and tried to put them in the South & West section, as they felt the travelling would have been too much of a financial burden.

I have an idea that the Hellenic may even possibly relegate no-one, as their numbers for a STEP05 league (18) are probably the bare minimum for the FA's comfort. Other local STEP05 leagues have as follows: CCLP 23 SCLP (Sussex) 20 SCELP (Kent) 20 SSMP 22 WESSP 22 WESTP 20

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Feb 2017 18:36

Tomorrow's NL fixtures:

Saturday 25th Feb

Dulwich Hamlet v Macclesfield Town
York City v Brackley Town
Boreham Wood v Lincoln City
Tranmere Rovers v Barrow AFC

NAT
Aldershot Town v Bromley
Forest Green Rovers v Woking
NATS
Bath City v Ebbsfleet United
Bishops Stortford v Eastbourne Borough
Chelmsford City v Concord Rangers
East Thurrock United v Poole Town
Gosport Borough v Hemel Hempstead Town
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Weston-Super-Mare
Hungerford Town v Maidenhead United
Margate v Whitehawk
Oxford City v Dartford
Truro City v St Albans City
Welling United v Wealdstone

ILP

Staines Town v Worthing
IL1S
Godalming Town v Tooting & Mitcham United

SLP
Banbury United v St Ives Town
Basingstoke Town v Chippenham Town -Dragons welcome current league leaders
Dorchester Town v Slough Town
Kettering Town v Chesham United
14:00 Weymouth v Hayes & Yeading United - early KO as the 'Terras' Reserves have a WESSEX League One game scheduled on this day too - lots of convoluted negotiating involved - I think the firsts fixture has had to be reversed as HandY didn't have a venue available for this Saturday (SYCOB @ home) and Weymouth didn't want to play away on the Sunday. Postponing the Wessex game would have been the standard practice but Folland objected to having to make the trip again down to Daaarset in midweek . The reserve game: Weymuff Res vs Folland Sports will now KO at 17:30
SL1C
Ashford Town (Mx) v Petersfield Town
Aylesbury United v Kempston Rovers
Beaconsfield SYCOB v Aylesbury
Egham Town v Fleet Town
Farnborough
v Marlow
Kidlington
v Uxbridge
Northwood v Chalfont St Peter
SL1S&W
AFC Totton v Didcot Town
Bishops Cleeve v Winchester City
North Leigh v Larkhall Athletic
Wantage Town v Shortwood United

CCLP
AFC Hayes v Horley Town
Badshot Lea v Abbey Rangers
Bedfont & Feltham v Farnham Town
Colliers Wood United v Walton & Hersham
Hanworth Villa v Raynes Park Vale
North Greenford United v Hartley Wintney
Spelthorne Sports v Epsom & Ewell
Sutton Common Rovers v Knaphill
Westfield
v Guildford City
Windsor
v CB Hounslow United
CCL1
Bagshot v Cove
Banstead Athletic v Dorking
Chessington & Hook United v South Park Reserves
Cobham v Eversley & California
Farleigh Rovers v AC London
Redhill v Frimley Green
Sheerwater
v Epsom Athletic
Staines Lammas v Ash United
Worcester Park v Balham

HELLP
Ardley United v Lydney Town
Burnham v Brimscombe & Thrupp
Flackwell Heath v Oxford City Nomads
Highmoor-Ibis v Thatcham Town
Highworth Town v Bracknell Town - could be a tough one for Robins if Highworth are on their 'A' game - return to one of his old clubs for TJ Bohane too.
Royal Wootton Bassett v Longlevens AFC
Tuffley Rovers v Binfield
HELL1E
Chalfont Wasps v Headington Amateurs
Chinnor v Wantage Town Res
Didcot Town Res v AFC Aldermaston

Finchampstead v Rayners Lane
Penn & Tylers Green v Bicester Town
Sandhurst Town v Woodley United
Wokingham & Emmbrook
v Holyport
HELL1W