THE BETTING THREAD

7764 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Mar 2017 21:17

Leverkusen miss a 95th min pen to fcuk up my Friday night acca.

double d

by double d » 10 Mar 2017 21:49

And me. Made even worse because juventus scored theirs!!! oxf*rd Up a 5 team acca

Lucky on Betfair I always use acca insurance so I get my money back if one team messes it up.

Got Lincoln, Middlesborough and Millwall to win. £5 is £24,384......

double d

by double d » 11 Mar 2017 11:52

Just put in multiple bets on Lincoln today. To win, 2-1 score, to win outright, screcast, to win to nothing, them and boro double (which is only 68 to one...... Surely it must be more like 100/1.. bloody coral).

Prolly just wasted a tenner lol

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 14:22

Tonight's Sky Sports clash is

Oxford United Vs Bolton (ReadingFC) Wanderers

Reading FC hero Phil Parkinson will take Andrew Taylor, Jem Karacan and Adam Le Fondre along with him to Oxford's Kassam Stadium to attempt to get one over on our bitter local rivals and put a little smile on our faces.

Bolton are looking to cement their place in the promotion positions and I feel Oxford United might just be a little distracted by their upcoming trip to Wembley where they will be hoping to take some silverware back to the Kassam Stadium in the Checkatrade Trophy final.

Oxford outplayed the lillywhites back in October beating them 2-0 at the Reebok Stadium or whatever they call their home nowadays. With promotion edging closer for Bolton and the team really getting into their stride now in the league, I think Bolton will be able to get a result in tonights televised clash. Michael Appelton has said that he has already picked his team for each of the next 3 games prior to the Wembley trip. He says he wants to keep his players fresh so that they have the best chance to bring silverwear to Oxford. It is clear where his priorities lie and how distracted the Oxford players might just be. They might just avoid going in hard and risking injury as they won't want to miss the big day at Wembley.

Parkinson on the other hand has asked for his players to be ruthless now and go and get the job done and promotion won. I sense a positive result for Bolton tonight.

My bet for tonight is to risk £99 to lay Oxford United @2.6 in order to win £62 if Bolton draw or win at the Kassam Stadium. Come on Parky, Alfie, Jem and Andy Taylor. Kick our bitter rivals in the teeth for us and make me some money!

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2017 14:23

Top Flight!!!! You are back on the threat you made the best thread of the year for me last year..... how are you doing welcome back!!! I won't ridicule you anymore I am sure you are a seasoned pro better now.

Did you make your grand? How much did you win? How did you do it? Or did you lose it all?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Mar 2017 14:42

Top Flight Tonight's Sky Sports clash is

Reading FC hero Phil Parkinson will take Andrew Taylor, Jem Karacan and Adam Le Fondre along with him to Oxford's Kassam Stadium to attempt to get one over on our bitter local rivals and put a little smile on our faces.

Bolton are looking to cement their place in the promotion positions and I feel Oxford United might just be a little distracted by their upcoming trip to Wembley where they will be hoping to take some silverware back to the Kassam Stadium in the Checkatrade Trophy final.

Oxford outplayed the lillywhites back in October beating them 2-0 at the Reebok Stadium or whatever they call their home nowadays. With promotion edging closer for Bolton and the team really getting into their stride now in the league, I think Bolton will be able to get a result in tonights televised clash. Michael Appelton has said that he has already picked his team for each of the next 3 games prior to the Wembley trip. He says he wants to keep his players fresh so that they have the best chance to bring silverwear to Oxford. It is clear where his priorities lie and how distracted the Oxford players might just be. They might just avoid going in hard and risking injury as they won't want to miss the big day at Wembley.

Parkinson on the other hand has asked for his players to be ruthless now and go and get the job done and promotion won. I sense a positive result for Bolton tonight.

My bet for tonight is to risk £99 to lay Oxford United @2.6 in order to win £62 if Bolton draw or win at the Kassam Stadium. Come on Parky, Alfie, Jem and Andy Taylor. Kick our bitter rivals in the teeth for us and make me some money!

Utter, utter madness. If you're betting more than you're going to win then that is a high risk tactic. Especially on a team like Oxford at home who, it pains me to say, are pretty good.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 14:45

Hey dude. Yes, I'm back!

I ended up making almost a couple of grand in the end. As it was December and XMAS was fast approaching I decided to bail out and use the cash to give XMAS a good boost.

This time I have just started with £60. I have so far got it up to £400, I withdrew £100 to go down to £300 and then I placed this bet on Oxford/Bolton to drop to £200 until the outcome of tonights match is decided. If Bolton win or draw I'll be on £360.

So whatever happens, this time I have already taken a £40 profit. The money I am now betting with is just winnings only. I will try not to be reckless.

Keep an eye on the MLS. I have already made good money on Atlanta Utd and Toronto this season. The A League in Australia is also proving quite predictable at the moment too. Over the summer we should have the MLS, Brazil's Serie A and Serie B and the Chinese Super League to bet on. So we shouldn't be short of opportunities. I'm going to try and get to know some of these leagues a little bit. I did really well in Brazil last season so I've got my eye on it again this year.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 14:48

John Smith

Utter, utter madness. If you're betting more than you're going to win then that is a high risk tactic. Especially on a team like Oxford at home who, it pains me to say, are pretty good.

I'm betting that they are going to be distracted by their Wembley final in a couple of weeks and a promotion chasing Bolton side will be able to get a good result. Let's see what happens. You might be right, utter madness.

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2017 14:56

Top Flight Hey dude. Yes, I'm back!

I ended up making almost a couple of grand in the end. As it was December and XMAS was fast approaching I decided to bail out and use the cash to give XMAS a good boost.

This time I have just started with £60. I have so far got it up to £400, I withdrew £100 to go down to £300 and then I placed this bet on Oxford/Bolton to drop to £200 until the outcome of tonights match is decided. If Bolton win or draw I'll be on £360.

So whatever happens, this time I have already taken a £40 profit. The money I am now betting with is just winnings only. I will try not to be reckless.

Keep an eye on the MLS. I have already made good money on Atlanta Utd and Toronto this season. The A League in Australia is also proving quite predictable at the moment too. Over the summer we should have the MLS, Brazil's Serie A and Serie B and the Chinese Super League to bet on. So we shouldn't be short of opportunities. I'm going to try and get to know some of these leagues a little bit. I did really well in Brazil last season so I've got my eye on it again this year.

Good on you TF, after we all ridiculed you for reckless betting you won a couple of grand, I am glad.

I need some tips, I have lots of Accas every week and if I do win I make a couple quid - twenty pound profit. Most weeks I have broken even (this has happened the last few weeks). My biggest win lately was on Lincoln v Burney.

I may need to use your tactic but I don't know enough about the teams and the way you do betting

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Mar 2017 20:07

Bolton already 2-0 up.

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2017 20:35

Top Flight
John Smith

I'm betting that they are going to be distracted by their Wembley final in a couple of weeks and a promotion chasing Bolton side will be able to get a good result. Let's see what happens. You might be right, utter madness.

Top Flight you have turned into a betting God. I won 150 pounds because of your Bolton tip

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 21:03

Already? The games not over yet.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 21:06

We have to sign Marvin Johnson. He is League Ones Steve Gerrard. What a player he looks.

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2017 21:11

Top Flight Already? The games not over yet.

Cash out

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 21:17

Good move. Oxford are not finished yet.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 21:22

I've cashed out now as well.

£60.21 if Bolton win or draw or £69 profit if Oxford somehow turn this around.
I still don't want Oxford to win though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Mar 2017 21:31

2-4 FT

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 Mar 2017 20:54

New Zealand, Oz, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Accrington, Mexico, USA.

19/1

double d

by double d » 27 Mar 2017 21:42

Winston Smith New Zealand, Oz, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Accrington, Mexico, USA.

19/1

I love how Accrington sneak in there like an undercover international team :lol:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Mar 2017 09:20

Winston Smith New Zealand, Oz, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Accrington, Mexico, USA.

19/1

1/8 down

7764 posts