The footballer gets arrested thread

2139 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Brum Royal » 26 Apr 2017 13:39

To be fair to Barton it's a very well worded statement and you can understand while he feels harshly treated. 18 months seems excessive given what he's put in the statement.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Apr 2017 13:44

Footballers aren't allowed to bet on football, it's pretty open and shut tbf tbh however I do agree that for once I won't LOL @ Barton while he's in trouble as he clearly has a problem and I'd like the PFA at least to be helping him. I also agree that the amount of money in football that comes from gambling is so ridiculous there's no way the authorities have an interest in sorting the issue out. Definitely disagree with him that the punishment was because he is a controversial figure though, get over yourself soft lad as one of your racist relatives would say.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 26 Apr 2017 14:21

My LOL does look a bit harsh but I'm not chortling at his addiction - he's an awful human who should have been barred from the game for life after the cigar thing, let alone the rest of his 'mistakes'.

Chance after chance after chance and he still fcuks it up. I have zero sympathy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Apr 2017 15:08

Silver Fox Definitely disagree with him that the punishment was because he is a controversial figure though

Agreed, but the punishment seems pretty disproportionate, even if that is going mainly by his statement alone.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Apr 2017 15:55

Has anyone else been done for betting on this many matches? Only then can I decide if poor 'ickle Joey has been harshly treated or not

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Apr 2017 16:19

Silver Fox Has anyone else been done for betting on this many matches? Only then can I decide if poor 'ickle Joey has been harshly treated or not

It's only a games per week and I think I read they only changed the rules so that they couldn't bet on any matches a few years ago so I'm not even sure if the 1,200 all count.

It just seems disproportionate to me, regardless of the volume. If they'd said he was betting and there was a suspicion or proof of match fixing as a result then I'd probably understand it but he didn't bet on a single fixture he was physically involved in.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 26 Apr 2017 16:54

Hoop Blah
Silver Fox Has anyone else been done for betting on this many matches? Only then can I decide if poor 'ickle Joey has been harshly treated or not

It's only a games per week and I think I read they only changed the rules so that they couldn't bet on any matches a few years ago so I'm not even sure if the 1,200 all count.

It just seems disproportionate to me, regardless of the volume. If they'd said he was betting and there was a suspicion or proof of match fixing as a result then I'd probably understand it but he didn't bet on a single fixture he was physically involved in.

Not quite. He didn't bet on them to lose a game he was involved in, but he did bet on them winning or first scorer in a few games when he was playing

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Apr 2017 22:14

TFF
Vision
Uke Newcastle United and West Ham raided by the HMRC following an investigation into transfer activity. Lee Charnley arrested along with several others.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ames-park/

It's always the ones you least expect...

Was there anyone these two clubs may have had in common with each other?

Both are owned/run by absolute w@nkers. I mean people are rightly sceptical about so much foreign ownership of English clubs but these are two British owners that are contemptible in almost every way.

French po-po on the case too

Got to be Marseille - Newcastle did the Thauvin/Cabella swap/loan and West Ham of course the Payet back and forth

Chelsea now involved

Demba Ba transfers at the heart of this enquiry?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Apr 2017 03:42

Brum Royal
Hoop Blah

Not quite. He didn't bet on them to lose a game he was involved in, but he did bet on them winning or first scorer in a few games when he was playing

He accepts he has broken the rules but this has to be taken in he context of someone who has sought professional help for a gambling addiction placing bets where he has no influence over the result.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Apr 2017 07:05

.....and in a profession that promotes and profits from gambling companies too.

double d

by double d » 29 Apr 2017 11:56

Murderous gk Bruno from Brazil back in prison.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 03 May 2017 09:21

Aaron Lennon detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act by police on a busy road in Salford and taken to hospital for assessment. :shock:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 03 May 2017 09:23

Let's hope the media don't hound him and he is left alone to get better

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 May 2017 14:02

A bit more added here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39788226

but that's as far as it needs to go until Aaron wants to talk

Hope he's back, recovered and playing quickly.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 03 May 2017 18:44

Whore Jackie Aaron Lennon detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act by police on a busy road in Salford and taken to hospital for assessment. :shock:

Wrong thread.

Being sectioned is not being arrested and putting Lennon in a thread alongside murderers and rapists is a tad unfeeling to say the least.

The Informant

by The Informant » 04 May 2017 12:15

ayjaydee
Whore Jackie Aaron Lennon detained under section 136 of the Mental Health Act by police on a busy road in Salford and taken to hospital for assessment. :shock:

Wrong thread.

Being sectioned is not being arrested and putting Lennon in a thread alongside murderers and rapists is a tad unfeeling to say the least.

Christ sake it's only HNA not a national newspaper!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2017 14:05

What do you mean it's ONLY HNA

janesill

by janesill » 10 May 2017 05:03

Now this one might top all football news for this week in terms of controversies. Heard of a footballer being arrested for alleged kidnapping? Marlon Natanael de Lima Alexandre was arrested DURING a Brazilian football match. Turns out he "was wanted on four different arrest warrants, one of which is a link to the kidnapping of a 67-year-old woman in October. The kidnappers are said to have used her bank card to make purchases to the value of $1,400." - Sports Illustrated.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 May 2017 20:03

Nile Ranger jailed for fraud, 8 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40021308

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 May 2017 09:29

genome Nile Ranger jailed for fraud, 8 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40021308

Surely that's his final chance. And for just £2k, must be earning close to that a week now. He'd had a decent season as well.

2139 posts