please tell me our fans dont behave this way when we lose? dear lord :shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by TBM » 17 May 2017 23:48

I don't understand why their fans reckon they play lovely football

They have no plan B when it was clear their plan A was shit over both legs

We had the better more clear cut chances last night, all they did was "put the pressure on" until they got near our box and then gave the ball away.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 May 2017 00:31

genome
parky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3Va1IKNAI

I got a minute into those post-match comments and had to turn it off. What a bunch of sore helmets

Some of the younger guys were a bit more rational later on.

Great video though. Much salt was shed last night

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 07:02

TBM I don't understand why their fans reckon they play lovely football

They have no plan B when it was clear their plan A was shit over both legs

We had the better more clear cut chances last night, all they did was "put the pressure on" until they got near our box and then gave the ball away.

Yep. Wouldn't say plan A was nec shit, just that Stam countered it though

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 May 2017 07:22

Alex from Foolham Madrid wrote
Funny old game, football. I didn't mind Reading before this season but now I absolutely despise them, both their players and fans. Boring irrelevant club, desperately trying to form a rivalry with us because their nearest rivals are Maidenhead United. At the end of the day we can feel proud to support a well respected club, with a fanbase of quality not quantity, who play in a beautiful old ground in one of the nicest parts of the country, not a warehouse named after a Polish bloke in an industrial estate.

That my friends sums these buffoons up :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2017 08:19

My favourite:

Clearly they are Championship whereas we are Premier League.

Could well be the other way round come 29th May.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 09:06

Are we desparately trying to create a rivalry with Fulham? Couldn't give a rat's arse about them outside our games with them.

Any "rivalry" seems very much one way. Now Chelsea are ignoring them they're feeling a bit lonely and are looking for a new best buddy to cosy up to. I mean, prime the irony meter and lets post an internet rant about how irrelevant Reading are.

I can understand a rivalry of sorts with Brighton, we've spent the best part of 20 years following each other round the league's and generally taking the piss out of each other, but Fulham?

I think generally we just show disdain for fans who get a bit above themselves.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 May 2017 09:15

OK lads - can we just stop it now with the Fulham nonsense?

They're one of the smallest clubs in London (although bigger than Barnet tbf) in a crumbling stadium. The natural order was enforced by putting them back in their box.

Can we just move on now?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 10:49

Its just funny that the media spends 2 months fluffing them up and then they cum in their pants before the money shot and complain that the co star isn't attractive enough.

Stanley

by Stanley » 18 May 2017 10:55

From Despair To Where? Its just funny that the media spends 2 months fluffing them up and then they cum in their pants before the money shot and complain that the co star isn't attractive enough.

I like supporting an unfashionable team.

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 18 May 2017 12:15

I cant' imagine any of the 92 league clubs supporters saying "You know who we have drawn in the Cup..........Fulham. Wow what a draw can't wait !"

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 May 2017 12:30

Since when did Fulham fans get this humongous chip on their shoulder? I remember my first ever away game in 1993 at Craven Cottage with an attendance of just 3000 diehard Fulham fans there in a crowd of 4.8k. Just because they spent a decade or so mixing it with the big boys makes them a more "relevant" club? And when did relevance become a thing in football? Surely relevance only matters to those that support the club, every other club is irrelevant.

Anyway, it's the final nobody wanted. Tinpot v Tinpot. I look forward to eating baked beans on Sunday 28th ready to take the tin can to Wembley and having a photo taken beneath the arch.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 18 May 2017 12:38

I'm with Leon on this.

Goodbye Fulham.

See you again soon.

(Not that 'we'll never play you again' schizzle you came out with when the Old Grocer was in charge of your rabble.)

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 May 2017 12:42

Glory Boy I cant' imagine any of the 92 league clubs supporters saying "You know who we have drawn in the Cup..........Fulham. Wow what a draw can't wait !"

Youd hear infinitely more people saying that for Fulham than reading. It is a cracking away day..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 May 2017 13:30

I feel like the football world has had a decent footballing playoff final stolen by the cheap antics of Reading. What a game it could of been watching Fulham and Huddersfield going full leather at each other. Sad. What could have been. I just hope Huddersfield are more clinical than we were and they'll be fine.

Funny old game, football. I didn't mind Reading before this season but now I absolutely despise them, both their players and fans. Boring irrelevant club, desperately trying to form a rivalry with us because their nearest rivals are Maidenhead United. At the end of the day we can feel proud to support a well respected club, with a fanbase of quality not quantity, who play in a beautiful old ground in one of the nicest parts of the country, not a warehouse named after a Polish bloke in an industrial estate

and some realism at last.....

Was it dirty, or was it just organised, well drilled, tactical performance from them over 2 legs?

They knew exactly how to play us, they knew they couldn't go toe to toe footballing wise, so they set theirselves up to break up our play, knowing we didn't have a plan B, and it worked.

As good as we've been this season, we've lacked a Brighton / Reading type uglyness about us which has been our achillies heel and cost us the playoffs.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 May 2017 13:41

paultheroyal

I feel like the football world has had a decent footballing playoff final stolen by the cheap antics of Reading. What a game it could of been watching Fulham and Huddersfield going full leather at each other. Sad. What could have been. I just hope Huddersfield are more clinical than we were and they'll be fine

what a game it could have been with Fulham spooning every possible attempt at goal into the crowd and Aluko deciding he has never seen a football before and is unsure what to do with it

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 13:50

Winston Biscuit
paultheroyal

I feel like the football world has had a decent footballing playoff final stolen by the cheap antics of Reading. What a game it could of been watching Fulham and Huddersfield going full leather at each other. Sad. What could have been. I just hope Huddersfield are more clinical than we were and they'll be fine

what a game it could have been with Fulham spooning every possible attempt at goal into the crowd and Aluko deciding he has never seen a football before and is unsure what to do with it

Along with defender picking up ball, passing to Cairney, who goes sideways to pass to winger, who looks for overlapping full back, to put in a low cross over and over and over again for 90 mins

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 May 2017 13:51

Guys - just leave it - we're getting as bad as Brighton.

We won.

They didn't.

We've got a final to play.

They haven't.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 18 May 2017 13:52

Like some other things, I lasted 16 seconds before losing interest :D

4464 posts