Team for Huddersfield

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Team for Huddersfield

by Top Flight » 18 May 2017 17:48

I know that it is very early to start speculating about what the team could be for the game against an outstanding Huddersfield side next Monday. This is the line-up that I think will give us the best chance of winning against what is a seriously good Town side.

---------------------------------------Ali Al Habsi-------------------------------------------------

Gunter-------------Moore----------Tiago------------Van den Berg----------Blackett

------------------------------Evans--------------------Williams----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Swift----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Kermorgant---------------Grabban----------------------------------

I feel too guilty to drop Swift or Evans or Grabban or Blackett or Joey.
They were heroes against Fulham and for that reason I would have to keep faith in them.

Is that team right for Huddersfield or should Stam change the shape/lineup?

I'm glad that Stam is the one making these decisions. I don't know what would be best against Huddersfield.
I'm thankful that we have such a fantastic manager.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Team for Huddersfield

by FiNeRaIn » 18 May 2017 17:54

Whats the word on Obitas injury? Blackett did fine but really prefer Obita there as he adds more.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 18:10

Obita absolutely has to come back in if fit. Tough choice then who drops out at CB, but maybe Tiago at a push

Would have Kelly in for Swift I think. Tough call but Swift still doesn't look 100% on his game

I'd also consider McCleary for Joey and going 4-3-3 instead. Didn't pay that much attention to how Udders set up tbh

Davezk

by Davezk » 18 May 2017 18:12

AAH

Gunter Ilori Moore Blackett Obita

Williams Evans

Kelly

Kermorgant Grabban
Last edited by Davezk on 18 May 2017 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2017 18:12

Seems sensible to play Moore centrally and Illori on the right, rather than have both out of position. Obviously Obita instead of Blackett, possibly Blackett instead of Joey.
Kelly really should play, unless Evans is there to man mark Mooy.
Also a fit McLeary rather than Grabban.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 May 2017 18:12

Who's the player on-loan from Chelsea who's currently playing for Huddersfield?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2017 18:14

They have more than one. Izzy Brown plus some other bloke. Plus Mooy from Man City and maybe some else. Or may be not.

Davezk

by Davezk » 18 May 2017 18:14

No Fixed Abode Who's the player on-loan from Chelsea who's currently playing for Huddersfield?

www.google.com

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 18 May 2017 18:15

Huddersfield bossed the semi against Wednesday and should have been out of sight by full-time.

We're going to have a hell of a job on our hands containing them.

I can't see beyond 5 at the back with hopefully obita in for one of VdB or Blackett.

We are going to have to rely on hitting them on the break and absorbing pressure, and just as on Tuesday we are going to be heavily reliant on Al-Habsi's feline reflexes and Yann's achillean heroics.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 May 2017 18:15

Nameless Izzy Brown

Yes he is.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 May 2017 18:20

Will need to set up to stop that brick shit house Quany. he ran riot last night, then there is Wells who has scored many against us before, its probably the most winnable of all our play-off finals. but not a given thats for sure.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2017 18:24

windermereROYAL Will need to set up to stop that brick shit house Quany. he ran riot last night, then there is Wells who has scored many against us before, its probably the most winnable of all our play-off finals. but not a given thats for sure.

It's very even, the most winnable by a mile was Walsall and we managed to beat ourselves in that one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 18:55

No Fixed Abode Who's the player on-loan from Chelsea who's currently playing for Huddersfield?

Kasey Palmer

George_

by George_ » 18 May 2017 20:20

--------------------------AAH--------------------

Ilori--------------------Moore------------------Blackett

Gunter---------------Evans---------------------------Obita

------------------Williams-----Kelly------------------

-----------------Grabban-----Yann--------------------

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 18 May 2017 20:33

George_ --------------------------AAH--------------------

Ilori--------------------Moore------------------Blackett

Gunter---------------Evans---------------------------Obita

------------------Williams-----Kelly------------------

-----------------Grabban-----Yann--------------------

^ Exactly this

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 18 May 2017 20:46

--------------------------------------------Al-Habsi-------------------------------------------

------------------Illori--------------------Moore-----------------Blackett----------------

Gunter-----------------------------------Evans----------------------------------Obita----

-----------------------Williams--------------------------Swift-------------------------------

--------------------------Kermorgant------------McCleary------------------------------

Harsh on Grabban - I really don't mind who the second striker slot goes to from Mendes, Grabban, McCleary and Beerens. Not sold on dropping Swift for Kelly, I thought Swift produced some real quality overshadowed by his miss.

Evans needs to start after keeping Cairney in his pocket over the two legs. Most of the team picks itself, which can only be a good thing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 20:50

Evans will surely be tasked with doing the same on Mooy

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 20:52

St. Brynjar --------------------------------------------Al-Habsi-------------------------------------------

------------------Illori--------------------Moore-----------------Blackett----------------

Gunter-----------------------------------Evans----------------------------------Obita----

-----------------------Williams--------------------------Swift-------------------------------

--------------------------Kermorgant------------McCleary------------------------------

Harsh on Grabban - I really don't mind who the second striker slot goes to from Mendes, Grabban, McCleary and Beerens. Not sold on dropping Swift for Kelly, I thought Swift produced some real quality overshadowed by his miss.

Evans needs to start after keeping Cairney in his pocket over the two legs. Most of the team picks itself, which can only be a good thing.

Kelly in for Swift, and I'm agreed

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 18 May 2017 20:59

Al Habsi
Gunter, Moore, Blackett, Obita
Kelly, Williams, Swift
Beerens, Kermogant, McCleary

We're not playing Fulham so we don't need to play seven defenders.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2017 21:26

Who was the guy Huddersfield brought on on the right? A German I think? Looked very pacey and tricky, similar to Fredericks. Ideally we could do with Obita back to look after him. Also need to be very careful not to give Wells the opportunity to produce his usual dive for a penalty (although to be fair to him there were several occasions v Sheff Weds when he might have been justified in going down in the area but worked hard to stay on his feet).