BFTG - Fulham

204 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by paultheroyal » 18 May 2017 08:50

Jackson Corner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3Va1IKNAI

Pure comedy gold the only ones who talk sense are the young lads at the end. The rest will be going back to Chelsea next season,

Great viewing. That conversation at the end... 2 guys appeared bullied into listening to him.

Bring in video refs, I played for London Welsh...

Time wasting, time wasting....

When watching the game live at stadium you often forget the millions watching around the country and the different emotions

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:28

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue And finally a massive boo to the steward who I have just spotted on the Sky recording charging ten yards to haul back a supporter by the neck as they tried to get onto the pitch at least 5 minutes after the battle to stop the invasion had been lost and there were already thousands of fans on the pitch. Well done sir, you great bully, and congratulations on your ability to pick out one of the smallest targets available at the time. :twisted:

Probably the same guy that basically assaulted a fan who was running on when there were already a couple of hundred on and no one else gave a shit last time we had a pitch invasion. He basically hauled him to the ground by pulling his hoody around his neck and was all but punching him.

saw loads of this going on.
the yellow coats in NE corner opened the gate and waved em on, while the tangos in front of the other end were chasing and wrestling with home fans.
:|

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:30

Mike Hunt
bobby1413 This whole experience just reinforces my bemusement with people that support Liverpool/Man United, etc... with no connection to the club.

I try to avoid football talk in work, this is one reason that happened yesterday:

Colleague - are you going tonight?
Me - yes, I can't wait as I've just been sick with nerves for a couple of days now, such a big game
Colleague - yes, I know exactly what you mean. When Man United played in the champions league final I had the same feeling

Me - :roll: yes, I'm sure you did as you watched it on TV with no connection to Manchester at all, and having only been to one game there in your entire life (I didn't say this).

Ill have to respectfully pull you up here.

I have no connection to the town of Reading. I am an Australian who decided to follow Reading when I got into supporting football. This was in 2005 / 2006, when Australia made the world cup for the first time.

I saw them in the 05/06 season on TV here, and liked the look of them. I was also going to the Reading festival in 2006. That was it. That is how I picked Reading FC.

I watched their first game in the PL against Middlesbrough while in Amsterdam. I still remember it. After that game, I was fcking hooked.

I listen to Tim Dellor just about every game during each season, at 2am for the majority of it. I used to stay up for the game, now I go to sleep and set my alarm to wake up for kick off. I think in 10 years, I would have missed listening to or watching only 20 games. I used to listen to Peter Fcking Hood before the 2010 / 2011 season.

I have been to 2 games live. First was Coventry at home December 2010. 0-0 bore draw. Second was Derby away where the snow turned most Reading fans around. I was able to get there by train from London. When Shane Long scored the winner in the 88th minute, holy sh!t, what a feeling. One of the best feelings I have felt.

I felt every kick of that game last night. My nerves are still wrecked because of it. I am Reading FC through and through, much to the amusement and albeit respect of my friends.

I just wish I could afford to get over for the playoff final.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to let you know that you don't necessarily need to have a connection like you are referring to, and you can build one.

still more than most united 'fans'

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:31

crowd fund it,

I will literally give 5 pound towards your ticket :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 12:29

Here is a picture of Hugh Grant on the verge of tears at the Mad Stad.

Happy Thursday!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 May 2017 12:36

Mike Hunt
bobby1413 This whole experience just reinforces my bemusement with people that support Liverpool/Man United, etc... with no connection to the club.

I try to avoid football talk in work, this is one reason that happened yesterday:

Me - yes, I can't wait as I've just been sick with nerves for a couple of days now, such a big game
Colleague - yes, I know exactly what you mean. When Man United played in the champions league final I had the same feeling

Me - :roll: yes, I'm sure you did as you watched it on TV with no connection to Manchester at all, and having only been to one game there in your entire life (I didn't say this).

I have no connection to the town of Reading. I am an Australian who decided to follow Reading when I got into supporting football. This was in 2005 / 2006, when Australia made the world cup for the first time.

I saw them in the 05/06 season on TV here, and liked the look of them. I was also going to the Reading festival in 2006. That was it. That is how I picked Reading FC.

I watched their first game in the PL against Middlesbrough while in Amsterdam. I still remember it. After that game, I was fcking hooked.

I listen to Tim Dellor just about every game during each season, at 2am for the majority of it. I used to stay up for the game, now I go to sleep and set my alarm to wake up for kick off. I think in 10 years, I would have missed listening to or watching only 20 games. I used to listen to Peter Fcking Hood before the 2010 / 2011 season.

I have been to 2 games live. First was Coventry at home December 2010. 0-0 bore draw. Second was Derby away where the snow turned most Reading fans around. I was able to get there by train from London. When Shane Long scored the winner in the 88th minute, holy sh!t, what a feeling. One of the best feelings I have felt.

I felt every kick of that game last night. My nerves are still wrecked because of it. I am Reading FC through and through, much to the amusement and albeit respect of my friends.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to let you know that you don't necessarily need to have a connection like you are referring to, and you can build one.

The fundamental difference here is that it is an easy decision to make to follow a club that is historically successful with a list of trophy wins as long as your arms...so well done you, sir, for not going down the route of the lemming-like masses.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 18 May 2017 12:56

The least nervous I've been before a Reading match for many of the thirty-odd years I've been attending.

The most nervous I've been in a seat at a game for many a year.

Not that 'up and down screaming' sort of nerves.

More a gnawing, vicious twisting of the gut that made my teeth clench and mouth screw shut as if I were about to produce something from my ring-hole roughly approximating a foecal version of Archimedes' Screw.

Fulham were like something you'd buy in a patisserie in one of the more effete streets of that London borough, a crepe (or crap) of sorts.

Reading? They were visceral. Like a set of rubber bands set up to widen and expand and then thrash back into some other form - not at all nice to watch - but Alien-esque in some kind of protozoeic shape - expanding and contracting with each spasm throwing the more earthly Fulham off balance or into cul-de-sacs around the wing or box.

Of note: The noise around the stadium in the last ten minutes - I'm an old school terracer with a hatred of all-seat stadia and any facet of the 'modern game' (i.e. I am a fucking dinosaur) but that was quite thrilling.

Of note: The effort put in by players who have at times this season (and prior) had me spitting my teeth out in disgust at their lack of...many things.

Fulham fans? Stop attempting to clone those Palace faux ultras down in Penge and stick to what you've been most of your sorry lives - out of work extras from The Sweeney and Minder, betting shop denizens, park voyeurs, ex-Wimbledon fans, imitation sheepskin coat donners, patent leather shoe wearers and lovers of Old Holborn.

Nice club down by the river? Who gives a flying schooner? So were Shrewsbury when they had a 'nice little ground'.

Behave yourselves and come back down to ground level, yer fat heads!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 18 May 2017 13:14

Ian Herring The least nervous I've been before a Reading match for many of the thirty-odd years I've been attending.

The most nervous I've been in a seat at a game for many a year.

Not that 'up and down screaming' sort of nerves.

More a gnawing, vicious twisting of the gut that made my teeth clench and mouth screw shut as if I were about to produce something from my ring-hole roughly approximating a foecal version of Archimedes' Screw.

Fulham were like something you'd buy in a patisserie in one of the more effete streets of that London borough, a crepe (or crap) of sorts.

Reading? They were visceral. Like a set of rubber bands set up to widen and expand and then thrash back into some other form - not at all nice to watch - but Alien-esque in some kind of protozoeic shape - expanding and contracting with each spasm throwing the more earthly Fulham off balance or into cul-de-sacs around the wing or box.

Of note: The noise around the stadium in the last ten minutes - I'm an old school terracer with a hatred of all-seat stadia and any facet of the 'modern game' (i.e. I am a fucking dinosaur) but that was quite thrilling.

Of note: The effort put in by players who have at times this season (and prior) had me spitting my teeth out in disgust at their lack of...many things.

Fulham fans? Stop attempting to clone those Palace faux ultras down in Penge and stick to what you've been most of your sorry lives - out of work extras from The Sweeney and Minder, betting shop denizens, park voyeurs, ex-Wimbledon fans, imitation sheepskin coat donners, patent leather shoe wearers and lovers of Old Holborn.

Nice club down by the river? Who gives a flying schooner? So were Shrewsbury when they had a 'nice little ground'.

Behave yourselves and come back down to ground level, yer fat heads!

POTY!
\\End Thread

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 May 2017 13:19

lovely words as always Herring..

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 May 2017 13:24

handbags_harris The fundamental difference here is that it is an easy decision to make to follow a club that is historically successful with a list of trophy wins as long as your arms...so well done you, sir, for not going down the route of the lemming-like masses.

To give another example, my m8 texted me about the game on Tuesday and I replied saying it was a nerve racking experience and I didn't enjoy the game as it was just too tense with so much at stake.

He is a Liverpool fan and has been to Anfield once. His reply was "I know what how you feel. I've been really tense and nervous waiting to see if Liverpool will finish in the top 4. I couldn't even watch them play west ham game".

It's just results in the biggest :| from me.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 18 May 2017 13:24

jd82 lovely words as always Herring..

Thank you sir!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 May 2017 16:46

Ian Royal
Mike Hunt

Good post. Good man.

Agreed and I have the same type of connection/feeling. I bloody love this club.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 19:45

A measure of how good our tactics were against Fulham, precisely none of their players r8ed highly enough to make WhoScored's team of the playoff semi finals.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2017 19:56

Good to see Gunts performance being formally acknowledged.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2017 20:12

genome Here is a picture of Hugh Grant on the verge of tears at the Mad Stad.

Happy Thursday!

Oh, fcuk off and grow a pair Grant, you effete public school clopper. What's the matter, Divine Brown just sexted you or something?

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 May 2017 20:13

genome Here is a picture of Hugh Grant on the verge of tears at the Mad Stad.

Happy Thursday!

Had his phone been hacked again?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2017 20:16

genome A measure of how good our tactics were against Fulham, precisely none of their players r8ed highly enough to make WhoScored's team of the playoff semi finals.

Bizarre.
We are the worst team in the playoffs, we were outsiders in the semi and are outsiders in the final.
Yet we have half of this all star team , Sheffield We'd are out yet have 4, Hudds have just 2.
Hard to fathom !

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 May 2017 20:21

Nameless
genome A measure of how good our tactics were against Fulham, precisely none of their players r8ed highly enough to make WhoScored's team of the playoff semi finals.

Bizarre.
We are the worst team in the playoffs, we were outsiders in the semi and are outsiders in the final.
Yet we have half of this all star team , Sheffield We'd are out yet have 4, Hudds have just 2.
Hard to fathom !

Good - flying under the radar ...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 May 2017 20:22

Surprised it's not all Fulham and Wednesday considering they're by far the best teams in England. How they find themselves in the second tier and out of the playoffs is completely bewildering.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 20:54

Immense rating for the excellent Williams as well

Watched the last 20 mins back tonight for the first time tonight. The atmosphere comes over as being as brilliant as it was

Noticed how little Cairney did at the end, bottled responsibility. Their other 2 midfielders though looked decent and were prompting far more. We really did defend brilliantly - Ilori Moore and the full backs all exceptional

204 posts