Sunderland Crap

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Sunderland Crap

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Jun 2017 18:52

Quite funny seeing Sunderland is the sh*thole of the UK , twinned with Middlesborough

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/6 ... days-23-11

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Sunderland Crap

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jun 2017 19:06

Jesus Christ that whole article is cringe worthy. I think we've found our north east fellow club that loves a spot of tinpottery.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jun 2017 20:18

There's nothing appealing about Sunderland away at all except it's within reach of Newcastles nightlife. Sunderland is one of the dullest of the 76/92 grounds I've done. Only MK Dons and Hull are more dull

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 22 Jun 2017 21:28

Royal_jimmy There's nothing appealing about Sunderland away at all except it's within reach of Newcastles nightlife. Sunderland is one of the dullest of the 76/92 grounds I've done. Only MK Dons and Hull are more dull

That is sad because Roker used to be great.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jun 2017 22:26

I actually quite enjoyed MK Dons away - the stadiums hilarious because it makes so little sense. Think it can only be topped by Darlington.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Jun 2017 23:11

Don't have a problem with this. Except Sunderland is an awful place even my mate from Sunderland hates it that's why he moved down here. Whenever we go up there we stay and go out in Newcastle. He says there's no places of interest in Reading yet I can't think of to many in Sunderland? Oh and the festival is miles better than Leeds due to the close proximity to the town centre always comes out on top in the NME best festival. Before you slag somewhere off best do your research.

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 22 Jun 2017 23:49

The irony of people from Sunderland commenting and criticising other areas of the uk. As someone who has been up at uni in the North East for the past 4 years and have gone to watch Sunderland on a couple of occasions, I would just like to say how much I am looking forward to revisiting one of the most the dreary, cold and quite simply worst places I have ever been to.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jun 2017 00:34

gdroyal The irony of people from Sunderland commenting and criticising other areas of the uk. As someone who has been up at uni in the North East for the past 4 years and have gone to watch Sunderland on a couple of occasions, I would just like to say how much I am looking forward to revisiting one of the most the dreary, cold and quite simply worst places I have ever been to.

Rotherham got relegated m8.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jun 2017 07:06

First of all I have some sympathy with the criticism of the match day experience, but....

If you class a place with a vibrant young integrated multicultural workforce, highly successful economy, pubs and restaurants coming out of its backside, decent climate, great transport links, interesting history, top class uni, pleasant countryside, good footy club and obviously great musical festival as boring then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Sunderland on the other hand. Literally the definition of dismal. A cold miserable industrial hole in a forgotten part of the country. Full of angry white men whose life experiences are limited to an occasional trip to Newcastle. Without wanting to bring in politics - The kind of place that votes for Brexit despite having <5% immigrant population, massively funded by the EU and most impt employer says they'll up sticks if and when it happens.

Seriously fcuk off :lol:

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 23 Jun 2017 08:30

CountryRoyal
gdroyal The irony of people from Sunderland commenting and criticising other areas of the uk. As someone who has been up at uni in the North East for the past 4 years and have gone to watch Sunderland on a couple of occasions, I would just like to say how much I am looking forward to revisiting one of the most the dreary, cold and quite simply worst places I have ever been to.

Rotherham got relegated m8.

I'm actually annoyed Rotherham went down, a solid away day in terms of good pubs, McShane winners etc.

On the whole I think each poster needs to realise the guy who wrote that article is absolutely loving each annoyed response on here.

Those biting on the Reading vs Leeds Festival jibe, come on, really...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jun 2017 09:05

I hope he is reading, and I hope it helps just hammer home to him what an awful place Sunderland is. In fact I'd hope anyone who thinks Sunderland is an acceptable place would find Reading absolutely not to their taste or else we are doing something very wrong

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jun 2017 09:17

Royal_jimmy There's nothing appealing about Sunderland away at all except it's within reach of Newcastles nightlife. Sunderland is one of the dullest of the 76/92 grounds I've done. Only MK Dons and Hull are more dull

I actually massively disagree with you there. Had a gr8 time at Sunderland away. Was on the metro to the game, got chatting to some locals and they invited us to this working men's club about 5 mins away from the stadium. About £1.30 a pint. Good laugh. Gr8 times. You rarely see friendliness like that dayn sayfe.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jun 2017 09:25

One thing I don't get about Sunderland, is why do they always try and declare their election results first? :|

I wouldn't have even thought of it as a race to be first :|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jun 2017 09:44

24. Stadium of Light, Sunderland

The Stadium of Light, home to the infamous Weirside Whine, the sound of thousands of over expectant home fans sucking the life out their team although in the Championship, the Weirside Whine is dampened by the sound of 20,000 empty seats. Sunderland's sole redeeming features are it's proximity to Newcastle and an excellent road network that makes it easy to escape.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jun 2017 09:54

Stockport Royal Those biting on the Reading vs Leeds Festival jibe, come on, really...

And to be fair, he's got a point about the posh jibe because one's sited on a city farm and the other's in the grounds of a stately home. :wink:

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 23 Jun 2017 10:16

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/6 ... ydays-10-1

"Also, Greasy Chip Butty is an absolute banger of a club anthem. You try and see Fulham come up with something like that."

I can only imagine the long term psychological devastation felt by Fulham fans of not being able to create a song like that.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jun 2017 10:39

TBF - there isn't really that much to disagree with here. Reading has it's pleasant parts, such as Pangbourne, Caversham (for the most part) etc..

"I bet you cannot name me one thing interesting about Reading. Well, aside from Reading Festival (which is just the posh version of the much cooler Leeds Festival, if you needed to know).

Reading is the most boring town in the UK, with the exception of Milton Keynes and Silloth. No-one has ever uttered the words “hey, let’s go see the sights Reading has to offer”. It’s a painfully dull place which only plus point is that its near enough to commute to London.

The Madejski Stadium (or the ‘Mad Stad’ as TalkSport infuriatingly insist on calling it as though it has some form of character) reflects the town in which it is situated - it's the quintessential pop-up ground on a retail park in the middle of nowhere. It's 3 miles away from the centre of the town with no train station or any semblance of decent pub nearby.

Whilst we have finally shook off the dreadful day out that is Stoke-on-Trent we have sadly gained its southern, less angry equivalent."

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jun 2017 10:41

Hound First of all I have some sympathy with the criticism of the match day experience, but....

If you class a place with a vibrant young integrated multicultural workforce, highly successful economy, pubs and restaurants coming out of its backside, decent climate, great transport links, interesting history, top class uni, pleasant countryside, good footy club and obviously great musical festival as boring then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Sunderland on the other hand. Literally the definition of dismal. A cold miserable industrial hole in a forgotten part of the country. Full of angry white men whose life experiences are limited to an occasional trip to Newcastle. Without wanting to bring in politics - The kind of place that votes for Brexit despite having <5% immigrant population, massively funded by the EU and most impt employer says they'll up sticks if and when it happens.

Seriously fcuk off :lol:

It's the people that make the place and tbf - people are much friendlier in Sunderland than Reading.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 23 Jun 2017 10:59

Glory Boy

"Also, Greasy Chip Butty is an absolute banger."

Agreed, as a fan of football and chip buttys, it really covers the bases imo

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2017 11:16

Shouldnt this be in AE?