Rumour - Tomer Hemed

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Tomer Hemed

by Reading4eva » 22 Jul 2017 21:25

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid Frankie
Hemed is underrated in my opinion. Think he can definately be beneficial in the Prem, and we would be doing him a huge disservice to sell him to that oxf*rd little club.

Can't wait to see their miserable faces next season after hammering upon hammering... gonna be so funny

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2017 21:35

Feel like we're setting ourselves up for a huge lol right now if they stay up..

Don't get me wrong I think it would be a surprise considering the strength of the division and their squad right now but if they manage it I can imagine a lot of these quotes will have been screenshot..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2017 22:38

NewCorkSeth Feel like we're setting ourselves up for a huge lol right now if they stay up..

Don't get me wrong I think it would be a surprise considering the strength of the division and their squad right now but if they manage it I can imagine a lot of these quotes will have been screenshot..

I have a huge 'meh' about how they do. The only rivalry between us is when we compete in the same league and their attitude. It's not reciprocated. I really don't see why any Reading fan is paying the least bit of attention.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2017 22:57

NewCorkSeth Feel like we're setting ourselves up for a huge lol right now if they stay up..

Not really, I hope they stay up... or at least get relegated if we go up.

Anything to avoid going to that shithole in the arshole of nowhere.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jul 2017 10:08

CountryRoyal

Oh the irony.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jul 2017 10:13

Royal Ginger
CountryRoyal

Oh the irony.

Exactly, I feel compelled to the Madejski. I'd rather not have to frequent more out of town shitholes than entirely necessary.

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 21 Aug 2017 15:50

RFC put in a fresh bid for Hemed during the past few days, and again the bid has not been accepted

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 15:54

I wouldn't rule it out, Brighton want Cardiff's Kenneth Zohore so Hemed could be available.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2017 16:04

Oilroyal I wouldn't rule it out, Brighton want Cardiff's Kenneth Zohore so Hemed could be available.

I think they have a striker coming in from Club Brugge as well. If Hemed does come off (in fact any striker), it will be after this weekends games.

Interesting* to see how the last week of the window pans out for a lot of clubs given that WC Qualifying games start on Thursday across the globe. A lot will be playing on deadline day, which you would think would make deals beyond Tuesday more difficult if not impossible.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Aug 2017 16:13

Article on Clubcall claims we've had a second bid rejected.

Had a quick look at Hemed compared to Kermorgant statistically. Similar in almost every regard (except in the air and how often he loses the ball - mostly through bad control rather than being dispossed)

Scores at the same frequency as Kermorgant last season (0.49 g/pg), assists more frequently (just under 1/5). Contributes (goal or assist) in 2/3 games.

Same number of shots per goal, shots on target per goal and shots per game as Yann. Slightly better passer (67.43% to YK 60.22%) although attempts less per game (23.57 to YK 30.46), better at short passes than Yann, but less good at long.

20% of crosses reach someone (similar to Aluko :lol:), similar number of key passes and more throughballs than Yann. Gets involved in the air similar amount to Yann, although much less successful (36% / 61%), tackles per game and success is almost identical, intercepts and blocks are similar (slightly less) although makes a third as many clearances. Is offside a similar amount. Gets fouled less than Yann (about once less per 5 games) but also fouls a lot less. Gets the ball and runs with it 2.5x more than Yann (1.29 to 0.56), but is a little less successful 58% to YK 82%) and loses the ball 3x more than Yann - per game. - more through miscontrolling the ball than being dispossed (Yann is about 3/5ths dispossed, Hemed about 50/50 for dispossed/bad control).

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 16:34

^Good work Miffff

Pick of the recurring rumours linking us to an out and out striker, this one would seem the more realistic.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2017 16:59

CountryRoyal

Brighton will get relegated. It's almost a dead cert.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2017 17:17

John Smith
CountryRoyal

Brighton will get relegated. It's almost a dead cert.

People said the same thing about Watford and Bournemouth and Palace when they went up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2017 17:50

They did but none have looked as abject as Brighton in their first two. Admittedly first was City.

If they are going to stay up need serious upgrades up front, which could free up Hemed.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 18:04

Difference is, Bournemouth went up and they added quality and pace to their squad shedding (dare I say) players like Kermorgant who after helping them win promotion was too slow for the prem. Bournemouth then went on and adapted well because they had injected pace and quality into the team. Watford did the same shedding players like Vidra and Forestieri, replacing with prem experience and quality. Huddersfield have added quality this summer and are looking good value to make a right fist of it in the Prem.

But currently Brighton lack prem experience. they added a keeper from down under as Stockdale’s replacement who looks shaky at best, a couple of Europeans out field players who will need to find their feet. Hopefully for them this Colombia international winger Jose Izquierdo from Club Brugge (13.5m) will give them the pace on the opposite flank to knockaert, who can get up and down at speed. My guess, the Zohore link is very much a target for them which could release Hemed to us although Cardiff won’t give their player up without a fight. Brighton need reinforcements up front, I can’t see Glen Murray playing the full 90 minutes per game in the prem. And although they were excellent at setting up 4-4-2 in the Championship, they’re now having to adapt. Against Man City for most parts of the game they were 6-2-2 in their own half (opposition company granted) but I do think Brighton are in for a real battle this season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Aug 2017 18:35

Leicester fans got ejected on Saturday for homophobic chanting at the Brighton fans, not condoning it, but todays announcement that there will be a clampdown on online abuse it`s possible the Amex would be half empty most weeks.
if you can`t take the abuse don`t dish it out.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 18:49

windermereROYAL Leicester fans got ejected on Saturday for homophobic chanting at the Brighton fans, not condoning it, but todays announcement that there will be a clampdown on online abuse it`s possible the Amex would be half empty most weeks.
if you can`t take the abuse don`t dish it out.

Brighton fans too
Apparently, Brighton fans started with their “your support is fcuking S**t”. Leicester fans responded with “we can see you holding hands” Brighton fans got pi**ed off and tried jumping the line of stewards to get at the Leicester fans, Brighton fans also got dejected from the ground… all very 2nd division 1980’s from Brighton fans with added complaints made after of homophobic abuse directed at them.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Aug 2017 20:53

Just confirmed. Brighton have signed Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich.

Suggests that deal maybe possible.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2017 21:35

Lower West Just confirmed. Brighton have signed Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich.

Suggests that deal maybe possible.

£12m apparently, that's a fcuking huge gamble on a player who, albeit with an impressive goalscoring record in the second tier of Swiss and Austrian football, has never played top flight football.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Aug 2017 22:30

Apparently West Ham want to put Andy Carroll out on loan for 6 months to gain fitness. Newcastle were interested but West Ham are not Keen on him going to a rival. Would prefer him going to the Champ. I'm not his biggest fan but he could fill in for Kermit whilst he recovers.