Do you have another team?

royal67

Re: Do you have another team?

by royal67 » 07 Jun 2017 15:29

Taunton Town is my alternative football vice. They play surprisingly attractive football, its £8 on the turnstile and you can supp a beer on the terrace. Good value.......

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Jun 2017 21:34

Cyder Shirley?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 07 Jun 2017 22:40

: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

royal67

by royal67 » 08 Jun 2017 08:59

Muskrat Cyder Shirley?

Zoider is also available. Still not full Zummerzet, only been down here 11 months...... :lol:

Taunton Royal

by Taunton Royal » 08 Jun 2017 11:37

royal67 Taunton Town is my alternative football vice. They play surprisingly attractive football, its £8 on the turnstile and you can supp a beer on the terrace. Good value.......

Just down the road from me.

royal67

by royal67 » 09 Jun 2017 15:47

Taunton Royal
royal67 Taunton Town is my alternative football vice. They play surprisingly attractive football, its £8 on the turnstile and you can supp a beer on the terrace. Good value.......

Do you go to any matches? I managed about 6 matches last season and I'm pondering whether to invest £128 in a season ticket at the moment.....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jun 2017 18:28

No. But I have formed a fondness for certain clubs due to football manager. They are, in no particular order -
Spartak Moscow
Stuttgart
Osasuana
Le Havre
Atletico Bilbao
And Crewe.

Taunton Royal

by Taunton Royal » 10 Jun 2017 09:15

royal67
Taunton Royal

Do you go to any matches? I managed about 6 matches last season and I'm pondering whether to invest £128 in a season ticket at the moment.....

I haven't been for a few years.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 10 Jun 2017 13:48

tidus_mi2
St. Brynjar I support Reading and Middlesbrough. I look forward to being told what a shit fan I am and how I'm everything that's wrong with modern football.

While I'm not criticising having a second team...

...Middlesbrough?

Family. No one chooses either Reading or Middlesbrough.

Made the first game in the 06/07 season something special!

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 10 Jun 2017 16:44

2nd team: FC Saturn Ramenskoye, our local team in Russia. I don't get to many games but it's some compensation for missing Reading games occasionally. They are now back up to the 3rd tier after some financial issues saw them thrown out of the Premier League and into the 5th tier (someone even wrote a WSC article about the issue).

With the wonders of modern technology I've found myself following the scores of Deportivo Morón in the Argentinian 3rd tier for entirely childish reasons.

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 10 Jun 2017 17:45

Schalke 04

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 12 Jun 2017 01:16

Only support Reading, yet i always check and follow how Hungerford Town are getting on and go to a few games a season at Bulpit Lane

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 23 Jun 2017 20:33

glass half full I have a mantra/superstition.

20 minutes before the start of every game: "I couldn't support any other team."

I do have a soft spot for Shrewsbury.

Good luck to Zak Jules at Shrewsbury. As Shrewsbury are my 'other' team, as stated above, I shall follow Zak's progress with interest.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 Aug 2017 17:25

harry 2nd team: FC Saturn Ramenskoye, our local team in Russia. I don't get to many games but it's some compensation for missing Reading games occasionally. They are now back up to the 3rd tier after some financial issues saw them thrown out of the Premier League and into the 5th tier (someone even wrote a WSC article about the issue).

With the wonders of modern technology I've found myself following the scores of Deportivo Morón in the Argentinian 3rd tier for entirely childish reasons.

Managed to see Saturn last night at home to Ararat Moscow - a new team of big spenders at this level with several ex-Russian premiership players on their books including Roman Pavlyuchenko who used to play for Spurs. Unfortunately the big-spenders won 2-1 with Pavlyuchenko scoring. He's knocking on a bit but at this level still looked OK and took his goal very well. With only one team going up at this level it could be another year as also-rans for Saturn with Ararat also competing for the single promotion place.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 04 Aug 2017 19:54

Only One RFC

Disgraceful thread :D

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 04 Aug 2017 20:45

Only Reading, saw my first game in 85. I hope they win although it doesn't ruin my week anymore if they don't. I don't go as often as I used to, at the moment it just doesn't hold the same interest for me, maybe it's down to have kids now I don't know. I hope I get the hunger and interest back although I'm not convinced. Prefer a decent away day now.Used to occasionally watch Maidenhead too when I lived there and now have a lot of mates who've been going to Maidenhead for a few years now. I sometimes go and watch Burnham who are the closest team to me now.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 04 Aug 2017 22:17

Reading have always been my first team. I'm in pain when we lose and run round the room like a headless chicken the last time we went up. I also hoofed a yellow Wet Floor sign at Wembley then apologised to the steward who said not to worry and he understood.

I grew up also following Everton. Never thought we would play them following 1995 and subsequent relegation. Still look out for their results.

Due to living in the area from 2008, I gained a love for Bournemouth. Likewise I thought they were going out of the league and we wouldn't play them again. Then Fletch (Who admittedly is an absolute gent and speaks very highly of Reading) scored that goal against Grimsby and they remained in the League. Due to that and my son supporting both Reading and Bournemouth, I was delighted when they went up. One wish I had was for Reading and Bournemouth to play each other in the top flight. Made that Huddersfield defeat more painful for me. Although when the two teams play each other whilst I love the build up, I find the games quite painful. I'm honestly in the Reading camp each time but I hope no relegation/promotions depend on those games as it would hurt if one of them denied the other safety/promotion

I've met quite a few of their first teamers who live in the village I do. Have to say, I haven't met a snobby or up themselves Bournemouth player or manager (met Tindall the other day, very nice man)

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Aug 2017 20:55

NewCorkSeth No. But I have formed a fondness for certain clubs due to football manager. They are, in no particular order -
Spartak Moscow
Stuttgart
Osasuana
Le Havre
Atletico Bilbao
And Crewe.

:lol:
snap. I know what you mean, but for me it's Venezia and Whitby Town, albeit years back, when the game was about buying/selling players, and tactics, rather than talking to the media, playing "mind games" with other managers, and massaging players' egos. And was a lot easier.

I also have a share in the fan-owned reformed Bohemians 1905, and quite like Pisa, and to a lesser extent, Ascoli, as they seemed to spend the 80s taking it in turns to get relegated and promoted to Serie A. I remember watching them in the very first BSB Italian live season in 90/91, where they naturally got relegated. Their local derby that year was v Fiorentina. They lost 0-4, home AND away.

The interest in Bohemians stemmed from watching highlights of a game v Spurs at their place in the early 80s. The ground was so tight than when Bohemians scored, the fans reached through the fence and shook the goal net. I went and had a look round the ground on a trip to Prague in about 2004, and the horribly mismanaged club folded about a year later.

I also follow (for "follow" read "look up the results/league position every now and then) Bangkok Glass after going out to a game a few years back. Getting there became a saga. There entire district they play in was flooded for two months in 2011, and the roads to the ground only declared passable a few days earlier. My taxi had to drive through floodwaters to get there, and many sidestreets were still underwater. Their ground is probably unique for having a different number of tiers on each side of the ground, from one side which is just a fence, to a triple-decker terrace behind one goal.

I also loosely follow Go Ahead Eagles, who have a great name, and a cracking little ground.

I also take an interest in local football, popping along to several games each season.