Weekend Football

5337 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Weekend Football

by John Madejski's Wallet » 13 Aug 2017 12:54

Rip roaring start to the prem season and the championship had some belting results in week 2.

Did anyone see the disallowed goal for Sheff Utd against 'boro?

Awful, awful decision. Not only was no-one remotely offside from the free kick (no excuse for lino on that), but it was a fukking own goal. Losing 1-0 they must be livid, crappy result when you've only just come up

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by BR0B0T » 13 Aug 2017 17:32

United fcuking battered West Ham

Played some decent stuff

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Aug 2017 18:10

BR0B0T United fcuking battered West Ham

Played some decent stuff

If you ever wanted an easy fixture for the first game of the season it has to be West Ham without Antonio, Lanzini and Carroll.
Wait for the media to cream themselves over 2nd season Mourinho.
BTW did I hear correctly in commentary that he is the first manager in history to spend £1 billion on players?
Obviously he has never bought teams and is a genius who can make moderate players world-beaters.

If we ever needed proof that the defending in the Premier League (and subsequently to some extent our national team) is dire then these first day fixtures prove it.
No wonder so many of the second tier strikers want to come here (apart from the money) as there are so many easy pickings.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Aug 2017 18:36

Victor Meldrew

Played some decent stuff

If you ever wanted an easy fixture for the first game of the season it has to be West Ham without Antonio, Lanzini and Carroll.
BTW did I hear correctly in commentary that he is the first manager in history to spend £1 billion on players?
Obviously he has never bought teams and is a genius who can make moderate players world-beaters.

If we ever needed proof that the defending in the Premier League (and subsequently to some extent our national team) is dire then these first day fixtures prove it.
No wonder so many of the second tier strikers want to come here (apart from the money) as there are so many easy pickings.

Yeah, will hold my judgement 'til United play a top team like Watford!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Aug 2017 20:42

John Madejski's Wallet Awful, awful decision. Not only was no-one remotely offside from the free kick (no excuse for lino on that), but it was a fukking own goal. Losing 1-0 they must be livid, crappy result when you've only just come up

Justice done. Never a free kick in the first place, it was a blatant dive.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Aug 2017 08:41

If Klopp isn't straight on the phone this morning to Southampton with an offer for Van Dijk, and then after that call straight on the phone to his defensive coach to tell him to ditch zonal marking, then he's fcuking mental.

Will be interesting how La Liga interpret Ronaldo's push on the referee after his red card.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Aug 2017 12:08

From Despair To Where?
John Madejski's Wallet Awful, awful decision. Not only was no-one remotely offside from the free kick (no excuse for lino on that), but it was a fukking own goal. Losing 1-0 they must be livid, crappy result when you've only just come up

Justice done. Never a free kick in the first place, it was a blatant dive.

That I did not notice tbf

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Aug 2017 12:42

Don't get me wrong, disallowing the goal was a very poor decision but it was a textbook example of simulation; leave both legs dragging as you go past the defender and fall over despite there being clear daylight between the two of you, safe in the knowledge that from the ref's position it would look like contact was made.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Aug 2017 15:04

Sanguine If Klopp isn't straight on the phone this morning to Southampton with an offer for Van Dijk, and then after that call straight on the phone to his defensive coach to tell him to ditch zonal marking, then he's fcuking mental.

Will be interesting how La Liga interpret Ronaldo's push on the referee after his red card.

Additional 4 game ban for the push - 1 game for the red.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Aug 2017 15:05

Stranded
Sanguine If Klopp isn't straight on the phone this morning to Southampton with an offer for Van Dijk, and then after that call straight on the phone to his defensive coach to tell him to ditch zonal marking, then he's fcuking mental.

Good, I thought they'd go soft as it was more of a 'nudge', and it was Ronaldo.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Aug 2017 15:06

Sanguine
Stranded

Good, I thought they'd go soft as it was more of a 'nudge', and it was Ronaldo.

Well, he's not appealed yet, so if he does it could easily 'disappear'

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Aug 2017 16:30

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

Played some decent stuff

They always beat the little clubs but when they come up against the big boys ..............................
Still this season might be different after spending yet another £150,000,000 or whatever it is.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Aug 2017 16:35

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

They always beat the little clubs but when they come up against the big boys .

Fair enough comment I suppose...

12 Septem 2015 Liverpool H 3–1 Blind 49', Herrera 70' (pen.), Martial 86'
17 January 2016 Liverpool A 1–0 Rooney 78'

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Aug 2017 19:03

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

They always beat the little clubs but when they come up against the big boys .

Fair enough comment I suppose...

12 Septem 2015 Liverpool H 3–1 Blind 49', Herrera 70' (pen.), Martial 86'
17 January 2016 Liverpool A 1–0 Rooney 78'

:wink:

double d

by double d » 15 Aug 2017 04:31

Liverpool may aswell get rid of Coutinho and invest in 2 cbs and a keeper. Shocking defend

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2017 10:51

Victor Meldrew If you ever wanted an easy fixture for the first game of the season it has to be West Ham without Antonio, Lanzini and Carroll.

Couldn't have put it better myself. It makes me sick seeing the media put Manchester United as favourites after one game.

double d

by double d » 15 Aug 2017 10:55

John Smith
Victor Meldrew If you ever wanted an easy fixture for the first game of the season it has to be West Ham without Antonio, Lanzini and Carroll.

Couldn't have put it better myself. It makes me sick seeing the media put Manchester United as favourites after one game.

They have the best team by far

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Aug 2017 11:02

Very much enjoyed that with Kyle Walker leaving, Spurs new right-back in academy product, erm, Kyle Walker-Peters. :lol:

double d

by double d » 15 Aug 2017 11:56

Sanguine Very much enjoyed that with Kyle Walker leaving, Spurs new right-back in academy product, erm, Kyle Walker-Peters. :lol:

Didn't look out of place. Spurs have two rbs just as good as Kyle walker.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 15:50

You seem to be following DD around today, m8

5337 posts